BEER!

Options
13»

Replies

• aepoliak
    Options
    Hello again,
    I would like to add, that in no way am I condoning heavy drinking. There are studies that suggest that moderate consumption of alcohol (2 drinks for men, and 1 for women (this is per day people)) is linked with a decrease in the incidence of heart disease. However, obviously someone who eats a diet high in calories/fat/fried foods, etc will not cancel out other risk factors for heart disease just by having a drink. Same goes with someone who smokes. In addition, in reply to the weight loss and alcohol issue, I am sure we can all relate to the increased chance of over eating after having a few drinks. One study showed a 22% increase in caloric intake after consuming alcohol before a meal. So, the delay in weight loss while including alcoholic beverages in a diet has many contributing factors. Again, I preach and (try to) practice everything in moderation. There is no magic answer for weight loss, unfortunately, and if you find something that works for you, go with it. Ok. I'm getting off my soap box now ;-)
  • shuck589
    Options
    beer is ok just not 10 a night . i have lost 80 lbs over a year and still through back 2 or 3 a night but i ride 2 miles 2 twice a day on my bike . just sayin haha
  • onebeer
    onebeer Posts: 36
    Options
    Think my picture says how much I like a beer - that was straight after a half marathon.

Seriously though, my recent weight gain has been due to an increase in my beer consumption. Having realised that, I'm back on the water! During my first weight loss burst, I found replacing beer with vodka worked wonders for the weight (probably not for the liver though!).

Enjoy it, but be honest with the amount your drinking, and record it!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to not drink beer...just be honest about it. There's nothing wrong with it as long as you acknowledge the extra calories.

Honestly I could never give up alcohol! I like the odd drink every now and then and I'm still young. I can't go over half my life without ever drinking. Everything in moderation!! lol
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Sometimes at the end of my day practically the only thing I have left in my macros is carbs, know what the perfect nearly all carb thing is? BEER! I drink a beer after dinner about 3 times a week, sometimes more. As long as it fits in your calories, what's the harm? Your body does process alcohol differently than food, but if it works for you and your life then why stop it?