If I ate a whole pie would I gain? Serious Question!

Options

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    could you even absorb all the calories in the pie if eaten all at once like that?

:noway:

Is that a "yes" or "no"? It's not like I'll lose a bunch of weight if I decided not to eat anything at all for one day (extreme calorie deficit vs extreme calorie surplus)

I'm no expert, but I'm thinking if you could overload your body to the point where they canceled each other out/weren't all absorbed by binging... We all wouldn't be here.

I wasn't suggesting eating a whole pie today and not eating anything tomorrow.

I was asking if all the calories eaten during a binge like that really gets absorbed. ie.. eating 4,000 calores in one pie at one sitting = 4,000 calories absorbed. I think if you ate one piece of pie per day, it would eventually absorb a bigger % of the pie's calories than just stuffing it all in at one time.
  • Laurie9797
    Laurie9797 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Make your own "slice" of pie! Have a graham cracker, crumble it over a pudding cup, and add some non-fat whip! Voila!
    You get what you're craving and not breaking the calorie bank. :-)
  • snorktharpe
    snorktharpe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ahh, depression is the culprit. i go thru this at least once a week-" i feel abnormal, i'm tired of measuring, counting calories, etc., i just want to be like everyone else and eat what i want without worrying about it"- depression makes you not care about yourself in a healthy way. you'll hate yourself for eating the pie and be more depressed once you've "enjoyed" it. and what's more, everyone doesn't get to eat whatever they want- lots of people are in the same boat you are. like i said before, go get some sugar free dark chocolate pudding (which is similar to the cream in the pie) and eat the whole stupid package if you want- that would only be 360 calories which is way better than eating an entire pie :) good luck :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Your just going to regret it, you know that. If not, then at least make a real chocolate pie and none of this crap filling that resembles chocolate.......do it right.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Eat one piece and then hit someone in the face with the rest of it.

Tell them you got the rules between April Fool's and Halloween confused.

You're welcome

Love this!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You don't have to buy the whole pie, buy a serving and that it.!!!!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I like pie.
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Eat one piece and then hit someone in the face with the rest of it.

Tell them you got the rules between April Fool's and Halloween confused.

You're welcome

Haha I want to do this myself.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Chocolate pie seems like the easy way out.

If you're going to go down that road anyway, you might as well make some mac and cheese with bacon and some have some chicken wings along with the pie. Oh and some deep dish pizza.

If you're going to do it, do it right.
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello? This gal lost 114 pounds. She's no amateur. I get it , you're having a down day. It happens. Enjoy the fantasy and if you should feel the need to act on it, you obviously know what it takes by now to undo the damage
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Hello?
    Hi.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    Depends on what kind of pie..........................................
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You would certainly gain my respect.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Okay, try this: Place the pie on a flat, sturdy surface, such as a table or counter top. Now, Open your mouth and eyes. Keep both open.
    Blow out all of the air in your lungs. Yes, all of it. Now do not inhale yet.
    Plunge your entire face (yes your entire face) into the pie. Keeping your eyes open. Eat all that you can before having to inhale again. If you can ignore the intense burning of your eyes from pie in them and don't aspirate pie into your lungs, you are AMAZING, and deserve to eat a whole pie.

Seriously, don't. You'll just regret it later..
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I'm gluten intolerant. I'd have to make that pie before I could eat it, and let me tell you, at that point...I'd just be over whatever was stressing me out so much I wanted to binge.

I don't think eating your feelings is all that different than drinking your feelings. Learn to cope, don't just mask it with food. It's the beginning of bad and dangerous coping mechanism.
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Well, first I am new here as of about 30 minutes ago so I don't know if I am even qualified to give advice or thoughts on this.
    Before anything else wow, you are amazing for what you have accomplished.
    I would like at times to eat a whole pie.
    If it was me, and I had done all the work you did, I would be thinking is this the kind of emotional reaction that caused me to be heavy in the first place and knowing myself I would say YES.
    Lastly, I think it will taste great until about the 2nd half and then it will be gross, you know how something starts out so good and then you overeat it and you wonder why didn't I quit when it still tasted nummers??
    You might be very unhappy with yourself and not feel well at all once done...:sick:
    Good luck, I hope you make the right decision for you whatever that may be..:flowerforyou:
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'd get one of those frozen edwards things with 2 slices, eat both slices, feel like I just super indulged & call it good.
  • aliveandfree22
    aliveandfree22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just ate more than my share of halloween candy.
    With the guilt, bloating and stomach pain I'm feeling right now, it wasn't worth it.

If you really want that whole pie, go for it.
    Just think about the thoughts and feelings that will come afterward...
    Think about whether it will make that bad mood better or make it worse
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I say eat the whole dang pie.