November Challenge and Support Group

Options
For the past 2 months I managed the September Shred & The Loss-tober Fest Challenges. It was a great experience! Lots of weight lost on our team so I'm looking to do it again this month! I'm looking for about 20 MFPs to join us in trying to lose 10 pounds in November (or a percentage of their weight loss goal - 10 pouns is a lot I know!). Most people didn't lose 10 but it was still a great experience. Our weigh in day is Friday (if you weigh in on another day just let me know). We will have nutritional and exercise challenges each week to aid in losing those 10 pounds. You must be willing to support your teammates by just being an active mfp! I'll take the first 20 mfps who think they can dedicate themselves to one month of ramping it up to burn off those pounds. Send me a friend request or private message with your November starting weight and I'll set up a spread sheet to track our data and create a new thread for us to chat on!! Oh we need a catchy name for the month and I created a banner graphic for sept and oct and will do it again for this month so let me know if you have any ideas!

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I really think I should devote myself to a group! I want to reach my goal, darn it :)
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I really want to join this group, just now sure how to! I've been on MFP for awhile, but just started to use the community boards!
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 224 is my starting weight
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I really need a challenge to get back in gear.
  • MrsFelton2010
    MrsFelton2010 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm in and anyone can feel free to add me :bigsmile:
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I really need a challenge to get back in gear.
    Great just send me a starting weigh for november!
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I've been afraid to get on the scales lately, and tonight would be too frightening even for Halloween :) I'll weigh in the A.M. and post then. Thanks for starting this group:flowerforyou:
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    I've been afraid to get on the scales lately, and tonight would be too frightening even for Halloween :) I'll weigh in the A.M. and post then. Thanks for starting this group:flowerforyou:
    you are very welcome!!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    So far I have ....

CaliforniaSun *
    lmifflin *
    sarah44254*
    letmedrown*
    Pammie1000*
    Littlefootlt11
    Evenbetter
    Amiechann
    Jean410
    Shalimarmandy
    Trisha Leigh Nelson
    Mrs Felton2010

*pending starting weigh in
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I would like to be in your group again also. I really need the accountability. I will weigh tomorrow and let you know.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    nice to meet you all :)
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    I would like to be in your group again also. I really need the accountability. I will weigh tomorrow and let you know.
    no problem! I've got you!
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    For the past 2 months I managed the September Shred & The Loss-tober Fest Challenges. It was a great experience! Lots of weight lost on our team so I'm looking to do it again this month! I'm looking for about 20 MFPs to join us in trying to lose 10 pounds in November (or a percentage of their weight loss goal - 10 pouns is a lot I know!). Most people didn't lose 10 but it was still a great experience. Our weigh in day is Friday (if you weigh in on another day just let me know). We will have nutritional and exercise challenges each week to aid in losing those 10 pounds. You must be willing to support your teammates by just being an active mfp! I'll take the first 20 mfps who think they can dedicate themselves to one month of ramping it up to burn off those pounds. Send me a friend request or private message with your November starting weight and I'll set up a spread sheet to track our data and create a new thread for us to chat on!! Oh we need a catchy name for the month and I created a banner graphic for sept and oct and will do it again for this month so let me know if you have any ideas!

Will you please count me in. I have sent you a friend request.
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options

Will you please count me in. I have sent you a friend request.
    got you :)
  • Shalimarmandy
    Options
    updated list as of midnight EST.

Amiechann
    bevsdietfor2011
    Californiasun
    Evenbetter
    Jean410
    Judy Mama
    letmedrown*
    Littlefootlt11
    lmifflin*
    Mrs Felton2010
    Pammie1000*
    sarah44254*
    Shalimarmandy
    She Bb
    Trisha Leigh Nelson

*pending a weigh in :)

I will check again in the morning (if I'm awake enough) before work.... if not I'll try to check in at lunch :)

We need a name.... no clue what to call us so any ideas are welcome... thinking of something to do with thanksgiving...

WEEK 1 CHALLENGE!!!

This week's challenge is to create a plan for the month... Some people already have plans and that's great! If not think about what you have been doing ... what has worked and what hasn't and create a basic outline of what you want to do this month.... If you haven't been exercising at all be sure to start trying to work something in even if it is only walking for a few minutes at a time. Post your plan so others can get ideas for things to include in their plan. As for nutrition... I'm going to start with what has turned out to be the hardest thing for people (including myself) to do.... DRINK 8 glasses of water for the remaining 3 days this week!
  • TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My plan for November

1. At least 3 miles a day on my bike
    2. 10+ glasses of water a day
    3. Burn at least 200 calories a day
    4. Start and finish 30DS
    5. Lose 10 pounds!
  • kelleman1
    kelleman1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Me too, please! I'll message my starting weight tomorrow :)
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I'm doing 30DS for the next month and will probably need the extra support to stick with it. I am also still figuring out how to manage my food so any extra accountability and support is great.

I'll get my starting weight tomorrow and message you.
  • RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'd like to try it again! I go to a nutrition class today so hopefully i find out some good info!
  • Frankeegee
    Options
    Am I on time to join? Frankeegee 177lbs