Team UK - November 2011, new members welcome :)

Options

Replies

• nothingisred
    Options

I do get confused when people mention shops I've never heard of lol!!

Yep, and I love being able to look at my Team UK friend's diaries and think 'I CAN try that!!'

This is so true! The most annoying thing is when there's a really good looking recipe but it calls for something like Cool Whip! And I always like it when my friends' diaries have Asda, Tesco and Sainsburys in them.

Can't believe it's November already either, no idea where this year has gone at all. This month it'll be a year since I left London and moved to Bath, that seems crazy!

Does anyone have any particular goals for Christmas? I'm doing the 10lbs by Christmas challenge, although I'd like to lose a stone by then ideally. I always wonder why Americans don't have stones, does anyone know?
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Morning, happy November, hope we all survived Halloween!

My challenge is to compete c25k and to be well on the way through B210K by the end of the year....

I'm trying to shift my focus away from weight loss numbers and onto fitness goals. Along with this, I will be continuing with Turbo Fire :smile: I :heart: Chalene!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    5 weeks, 2 days and then I'm flying out to Australia for 2 whole weeks!!!

Yay! Where are you going in Australia? Such a loooooooong trip that I have done too many times but it is worth it in the end I think (not that many but still too many - I guess I've done it 6 times?). Have you been before?

I'm going to Perth - my best friend moved back nearly 6 months ago after 10 years living in Leicester. Her hubbby just got his spousal visa granted so that means he can now work!!! It'll be sooo good to see them and catch up - Skype, FB, email it's not the same...and both of us are so busy that we've not spoken in aaaaages either...but I'll be seeing her soon x
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Happy November Prime everyone!

I love November... sure it's dark nights and even darker days.... but I can start opening the doors to MY advent calendar as I count down to my birthday :happy:

And now I've also got my wedding anniversary to look forward to in a couple of weeks too.... FUN FUN FUN

Also going to Madrid at the end of the month, so it's going to be a busy busy month and so much to fit in and work around in terms of food and drink in the run up to Christmas.

... So let's get the party started here and now on MFP :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Morning! November will bring for me...a healthy BMI! What's everyone else's aims for the month?
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi Vanessa and all of Team UK. Well apart from our sit-up's, which nearly killed me this morning!!! I want to lose a stone this month!!! Gona try really hard!!!
  • fimm
    fimm Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    Did my second Pilates class yesterday, which was interesting - all we did was stand and then lie down, but everyone in the class was commenting on what hard work it was!
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Perth - my best friend moved back nearly 6 months ago after 10 years living in Leicester. Her hubbby just got his spousal visa granted so that means he can now work!!! It'll be sooo good to see them and catch up - Skype, FB, email it's not the same...and both of us are so busy that we've not spoken in aaaaages either...but I'll be seeing her soon x

I LOVE Perth! I only spent a few days there but it was lovely (and it has really constant sunny weather without being in the desert!). Definitely recommend taking the ferry out to Rottnest Island and having a walk or I think you can cycle around.

Here is a pic I took at Rottnest Island on our trip :)

rott1.jpg

I totally understand that the whole email thing is not the same... I really struggle with not keeping in touch with people but it is so hard!
  • Mikeybster
    Mikeybster Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Add me please, A weekend of wedding and birthdays has put me off track slightly. I need to get back on.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Here is a pic I took at Rottnest Island on our trip :)

rott1.jpg

I totally understand that the whole email thing is not the same... I really struggle with not keeping in touch with people but it is so hard!

Wow that view is stunning!!!

After having booked it way back in Feb/Mar it's finally starting to feel real!!
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Morning! Just finished a pilates dvd and now getting ready for work. . I'm hoping to reach my goal weight before xmas. I was hoping to have reached by now but I lose weight sooo slowly.
  • lucyrose_
    lucyrose_ Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello! YES!! I know there's Movember for mustaches for charity - I think we should have Movemeber for Motivation November!!!
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone I'd like to contribute to the thread, i'm over in east anglia, I want to complete Ripped in 30 this month and would really really like to get down into the next lbs bracket (that'd be 5lbs off) but would LOVE to get to the 11stone bracket (that'd be 7lbs off).

I've not had any weight loss for weeks now and i'm bored of looking at the same numbers on the scales!
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options

I do get confused when people mention shops I've never heard of lol!!

Yep, and I love being able to look at my Team UK friend's diaries and think 'I CAN try that!!'

Yes, this is always great! I get loads of ideas from my UK friends diaries.
  • justle
    justle Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hello! YES!! I know there's Movember for mustaches for charity - I think we should have Movemeber for Motivation November!!!

I'm trying to persuade my husband to take part in movember, he's not having any of it (his tash would put most men to shame in a month i reckon)

I like movember for motivation though :)
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options

Love it! Speaking of which, I'm really going to the gym now (bit late in the day for me!!).
  • dandrews010
    dandrews010 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm IN. At least you'll get to see pictures of my awful movember tash!
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    count me in too, nice to see a group for UK people :smile:

Anyone from the Midlands at all?

Rich
  • cathoult
    Options
    Morning all...I'd just found this group the other week when suddenly all went boobs up in my house.....we all got ill and the diet was the last of my priorities but we're all back to full health(well almost!) and I'm ready to get going again:)

For those who do Zumba...my instructor recommended a website that can help you get a more accurate idea of how many calories you burn...www.zumbacalories.com it's a basic site but does the job :)

Can't believe it's November already!! It's my baby girls 1st birthday on the 11th!!! Eek! Where on earth this year has gone I don't know.

Now my goal is to be able to wear a dress for my hubbys xmas party without looking like a lumpy potato..so hoping to knock of 7lbs(minimum) in just under 4 weeks...shouldn't be too tricky so long as I avoid all the naughtiness lurking in the cupboards...willpower is something I definitely lack!

x
  • UphillBattleAxe
    UphillBattleAxe Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    NOVEMBER....is going to be the month where I regain my focus!!!!
    I will make it to 9st 13lb before Christmas 2011 (For me thats 7lbs in 7 weeks)

I WILL DO IT
    if anyone out there has similar goals please friend me for support, I'm 60+ days into MFP and am starting to rest on my laurels a bit too much.....this is typical of my "dieting behaviour" - I need to push myself to go that little bit further and get to the place (on the scale) that I really want to be......and then learn to maintain and not yoyo!!!

Love MFP and have some great friends on here who are very supportive.....I do believe that MFP is for life and not just for Christmas!!!!!!