If I ate a whole pie would I gain? Serious Question!

Options

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    What is interesting about this is the OP could in fact eat the whole pie, and then just eat a little more of a deficit each day for the rest of the 6 days in the week, and wouldnt gain any weight at all. Maybe a little water weight, but thats it. All these people that say dont do it unfortunately dont know how to work macros and calorie intake/deficits. It's doable. =)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Well, OP? Did you eat the pie?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Bad mood today, Just want to eat an entire chocolate pie! :)

I won't! (hopefully) I wont buy it because I might just eat the whole thing

how many calories is it? if its not over your goal then you wont gain!
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    you know.. if you eat the whole thing, and it makes you sick, you might never want to eat pie again! And that would be a good thing, right?
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm....chocolate pie sounds delightful.
  • Jenh714
    Options
    It sounds like you're an emotional eater (as am I). Look at the reasons why you want to eat the whole pie. Make a chart of the pros and cons of eating the whole pie. If the pros outweigh the cons then eat one slice at a time. Eat it slowly and enjoy every bite. Since you have lost so much weight (congrats!) you might find that you are unable to eat the whole thing without feeling sick. Eat it if you want but stop when you are sick or full. DO NOT punish yourself for eating it. I am convinced that you will get back on track and quickly lose whatever weight you may or may not gain.
  • paravision
    Options
    You would have to eat an excess of 3500 calories to gain 1 pound.
    I now have hope that I can eat of thanksgiving and not gain weight! ;o)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Really? Why would you even WANT to do that???

This. I'm a binger, but man I don't even get the desire to eat a whole pie (or half gallon of ice cream) mostly because I know that when I'm done I'd feel guilty, disgusting, and like I want to vomit with an upset stomach . . . do you really want to feel that way? I mean, really?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    What is interesting about this is the OP could in fact eat the whole pie, and then just eat a little more of a deficit each day for the rest of the 6 days in the week, and wouldnt gain any weight at all. Maybe a little water weight, but thats it. All these people that say dont do it unfortunately dont know how to work macros and calorie intake/deficits. It's doable. =)

My issue isn't that you can't make it fit into your round hole, my issue is that if you are an emotional eater there are more issues at work here than just "does it fit into my calories" (even though that's the basic question). Have the damn pie, but eat it a slice a day for six days and learn to control the emotional eating instead of piling on the additional feelings (both physically and psycholoically) of giving in to sticking your face in an entire pie. The question is about calories, the issue is all of the underlying attachments.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    are you serious that this is a serious question
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    REALISTICALLY depending on the amount of calories in the pie, you will more than likely just gain the weight of the pie and then feel totally ****ty about yourself the next couple of days AFTER you ate the stuff. i've been there, and hell i've gone tto the point where i've eaten a whole pizza! and not a small one! sure it felt great, did i gain any weight from eating like a fatty?? SURE but IMO and it reflected the day after and the next few days, THE NEXT DAY I DID GAIN WEIGHT but i know it was mailny from, not only the calories, but it was just the WEIGHT of the pizza that reflected on the scale. so if your going to eat a whole pie, hold it up to yourself in the miror and say i'm gonna eat this, step on the scale with it, and boom, your looking at your weight about, maybe minus 1 or 1.5 pounds depending on the time you eat the pie and thats wha tyou will weight he next day. NOW the next day AFTER eating the pie will really depend on how it will stay with you, if you punish youreslf and run excessively or exorcise the next day, or the easiest, starve yourself, then the next day you wont really notice a weight gain cause you will work it off or if your not eating, it will balance out your not eating for a whole day.

so just really reflect and see how you want to do it. just remember losing say 3 pounds is A LOT easier to eat than lose. and its always easier to MAINTAIN your weight hten lose 100 pounds, like you did. so just really think about it, and REALLY TRY TO TAKE BREAKS between your slices.

we've all been there, again, to the point where we say **** it, and as many as some people want to admit it, they've indulged in their own ways to counteract that emotion. so if your gonna, again, take about 20 minutes between the slices so you dont gorge, as glorious and relaxing it seems to eat away your frustrations, you give in now, and it will only continue, you break now, you will break down like this again......and again.......AND AGAIN. but no one can stop you, we can all give our opinions, and TO ME ifyou posted it, then your looking for someone's right answer to not do it because you want to know if you will really gain the weight of a pie (regular size) made to feed 8 people, you will consume alone. so yes..you will gain weight, and it may stick with you, depending how you punish yourself w/in the next few days.

hope that helps, if not, then hey, thats my honest answer. haha its like were talking you out of a suicide!! (sorry, just reading through it all its what it seems like, well, a diet suicide)
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I am just in a crappy mood and don't just want to have a slice

Well, go ahead and eat the whole thing. Then reflect on how you feel afterwards. It'll be a good learning experience for you. Then next time you think of doing this, you will remember how terrible you felt and that'll be the end of it.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    It all comes down to calories in vs calories out.. If you eat the whole pie how many calories is it.. how many calories according to mfp do you have to eat all day. If at the end of the day the number is green and not - and red you are okay ;-)
  • violon
    violon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Eating a WHOLE PIE in response to stress (or even feeling strongly compelled to do so, whether you do or not) is not healthy. I think anyone who has an unhealthy relationship with food would benefit from seeing a therapist, particularly one who specializes in eating disorders. Just speaking from my own experience--this has helped my relationship with food IMMENSELY!
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    If you're gonna do it anyway, why ask?

I think you're in a bad mood for some reason, and instead of taking routes to help yourself feel better-- walk, talk to a friend, go kick a puppy-- you're going to purposely sabotage yourself.

On sale or not, that pie is gonna cost you some self-respect afterward.

I say this with love, as a fellow glutton.
    I say punt the pup and may be mow down a kitten...sersously though you know eating a whole pie wont help with how you feel. You know it and I know it. we all know it. Have a couple slices. Your an adult, its your life, do what you want.
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love it, you guys make me laugh.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    You eat the whole thing? I was going to say "go for it"
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt that I would do this just due to the humiliation of logging this on MFP. I've lost a lot of weight by eating healthy and by not eating pie. My craving are just haunting me right now.School and work and life are really stressful right now. Everyone is taking this a different way that I intended.

Hasn't anyone ever had the "just throw in the towel" feeling? Giving up and giving in?

Noone is telling you not to indulge.

Everyone is telling you that eating a whole pie is really stupid, and they're all too nice to say it.

Oh, hell. Now I, too, love you.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I understand having a craving like that, but doesn't one or two peices do the trick?

Why do you WANT to eat the whole thing?

It honestly doesn't seem like a serious question. If you were really serious about weight loss, it's these types of thoughts that you should look at changing.

I've lost over 100lbs, I am serious about this!

It's all about the calories. And wow... a whole pie, that just sounds like "ooof... " You HAVE lost 100 pounds... You have lost OVER 100 pounds... Why are you even thinking about this?
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THIS PERSON MIGHT BE A TROLL .....