Loss For Xmas - 1st November - End DEC

Options
So I have hit a bit of a slump these last few weeks, since the nights started getting darker earlier. So I have decided to set myself a goal and make it in to a bit of a challenge to spur me on.

I want to open this challenge up to everyone for motivation etc.

The goal you will need to have is a target loss you want to achieve by the end of DEC or XMAS.

My goal is 25lbs.

I will be tweeting my ups and downs etc with the hash tag #lossforxmas if you are a tweeter too maybe you could use this tag as well.

It would be really fun to have some people to help push me and people I can help to push as well.

So who's in?

Replies

• jkb7
    jkb7 Posts: 8
    Options
    I've been in a slump for a few weeks now, i need motivating and maybe this is what i am looking for, so i am in, my Goal is 21lbs by the end of December!
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm trying to lose 7 more lbs by Christmas!
  • Kimmys012185
    Options
    I need a good challenge right now.....I'm in! My goal is 25 lbs by the end of December!
  • dyangarcia
    Options
    I'm in! I would love some encouragement from someone I don't know.
    I'd like to lose 28 pounds by the end of December!

Dyan

12328360.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Just tweeted my goal! =D
  • 1SassyCox
    Options
    I'm done! I'd love to lose 10 pounds by NYE. Anything more would be a blessing! And I am looking for more MFP "friends". The more support I have, the better I seem to do!
  • Andaw
    Andaw Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I want to loose 11lb by Christmas and hopefully 6lb before 10th Dec - Christmas party frock time!!
  • Monkeymin
    Monkeymin Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, this is great. I thought it would be a good place for us to share ideas, tips, problems, motivating things etc in this thread.

If you haven't already, feel free to add me :) plus add each other etc.
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to lose 10 by Christmas or NYE. I seem to lose at a slower rate, so I would be really happy to attain this. I weighed in this morning at 168. Anywhere in the 150's would be great before 2012. The lower, the better, of course!

Thanks for the extra motivation and challenge.
  • arlo1028
    arlo1028 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    woohoo I'm in alsoo! (: I will tweet momentarily lol
  • tsbrown09
    Options
    I'm in! I would love to lose 10 lbs by NYE. :)
  • tiggyfan
    Options
    think I've found u on Twitter, but I dont know how to work it
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I am very into this. My goal is 18 pounds. (If more that is great too!)

What do we have to do? Just post daily?
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am very into this. My goal is 18 pounds. (If more that is great too!)

What do we have to do? Just post daily?

I'm going to continue to weigh myself weekly! ^_^ And just post the weigh-ins on twitter and on my profile as well.
  • collyllama
    Options
    I'm in... my goal is 30 lbs by Christmas! I'll look for you on twitter!
  • Monkeymin
    Options
    My name is @monkeymin on twitter. I will be posting with the hashtag #lossforxmas if you put it on your saved search it will be easy to follow the tweets.

For those without twitter I will also be posting here. Stating your goal is a great place to start as apparently we are more likely to succeed with a goal if you share it.
  • Angelgrl86
    Angelgrl86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I'm gonna shoot for 10-20 pounds gone by Christmas. Anything more than that would be overly optimistic.
    I'd really love to get out of this yo-yo thing my weight has been doing since September!
    Starting at 226 lbs. Hoping to get down between 206 & 216

Starting the 30DS over today.
    Made it to Level 3 Day 2 last month, so doing the whole thing in November shouldn't be an issue
  • Monkeymin
    Options
    Do you think we should have a weekly weigh in? To give us something to work towards. Just note if we have a loss etc?
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Do you think we should have a weekly weigh in? To give us something to work towards. Just note if we have a loss etc?

I think so. I like to see the progress and it keeps me on target.
  • wadeburger
    Options
    I would love to participate
    I would like to lose 4kgs (i dont know pounds!) by xmas/ny