Are we really that bad?

Options
iAMaPhoenix
iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
OK...Today whilst reading forum stuff, I noticed that there were two ladies who stated in their profile that they do not accept FR from men. I know we hve been given the titles of pigs, dogs, trashy, *kitten*, sluts, cheaters, liars... but are we really that bad that you have decided that all of us come from the same mold?

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I think it's more about them than you......................they might have a jealous husband or boyfriend and it's just easier not to give them reasons to b!tch sometimes...................hehe just like how men deal with their b!tchy wives and girlfriends.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    probably bad experiences.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Maybe their door swings the other way?
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Maybe some women just prefer support from other women. What's the big deal?
  • ImaSongbird
    ImaSongbird Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    OK...Today whilst reading forum stuff, I noticed that there were two ladies who stated in their profile that they do not accept FR from men.

FR?
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Or possibly they don't feel they have anything in common with men on their road to health. When I first started, I only accepted FR from people who either were at the same place as me, or HAD been and now reached their goal, and only women. I only recently added a few men to my FL, and they are all very supportive and motivating. I think it depends on the reason the person is on here.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Crisis averted. Whew that was close.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I would probably say they are just looking for support from women. I have had a bad experience on here from a man so from here on out I will be selective about the men I would accept as friends here.
  • stampede55
    Options
    My wife is the only friend I have. If I accept any requests from females it usually turns into an issue, so I just don't mess with it. I would imagine the situations are similar....that or they just don't like men.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Oh I like at least a few men I can pick on haha!!
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Probably just relate more to what women are going through. I myself only have 2 male 'pals'.
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Maybe their door swings the other way?

LOL - uh, ya think?
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    OK...Today whilst reading forum stuff, I noticed that there were two ladies who stated in their profile that they do not accept FR from men.

FR?

FR=Friend Request

I personally do not accept friend requests from males. Not because I have a jealous husband or anything, but out of respect of our love for each other. I don't have a problem with people who do accept requests from members of the opposite sex. It's just a personal preference for me.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own needs. Maybe they have topics they want to discuss and needs from their friends that only apply to women. It probably doesn't have anything to do with them truly not liking men or not trusting them.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    I can understand. I've had females told me that they only want a female trainer and would never consider a male. No blow to my ego.
  • jnd951999
    jnd951999 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well, some women may also have progress pics posted on their page in their undies & may not feel comrfotable with men being able to see them.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    if your significant other is gna get jelous of friends of the opposite sex on a fitness website then shes got some real trust issues with herself/himself that they need to deal with.

Smh....
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I don't think you should take it personally. I don't accept requests from men, not because I think ill of them, but out of respect for my husband. I don't feel right sharing something that is very personal to me with men that I don't know. They may have similar reasons for not adding men to their friends list.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    OK...Today whilst reading forum stuff, I noticed that there were two ladies who stated in their profile that they do not accept FR from men. I know we hve been given the titles of pigs, dogs, trashy, *kitten*, sluts, cheaters, liars... but are we really that bad that you have decided that all of us come from the same mold?

I haven't decided that. I know some wonderful men.

I put that under the same category as women who won't be friends with other women because we're "all" catty backstabbers and drama queens.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Some people are just overly sensitive. Don't take what they say to heart.