Are we really that bad?

Options

Replies

• Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    OK...Today whilst reading forum stuff, I noticed that there were two ladies who stated in their profile that they do not accept FR from men.

FR?

Friend Request
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Maybe some women just prefer support from other women. What's the big deal?

It is no big deal. I was just making an observation.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    the answer is yes. Not for me, though. I love all of my friends equally. :bigsmile:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Maybe they got enough friends - could be A LOT of reasons, nothing personal.

MANY women aren't comfortable in a co-ed gym- some don't want men to know their vital stats etc.
    geez, don't be so sensitive .. they might mistake you for a girl & friend you
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Boys have cooties didn't you know that :noway:
  • ariel3561
    ariel3561 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Men and women deal with different issues when losing weight, specifically emotionally, but also phisiologically. I wouldn't think it is a jealousy issue or a general hate of men. More of a relevance preference.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    if your significant other is gna get jelous of friends of the opposite sex on a fitness website then shes got some real trust issues with herself/himself that they need to deal with.

Smh....

OR it COULD be that they are doing it out of respect for their significant other... maybe.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Boys have cooties didn't you know that :noway:

I do and that is why I don't date them...lol. I understand that some ladies may have had a bad experience on here, like one I saw this morning. I was just trying to get a little more insight from other people.
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    OK...Today whilst reading forum stuff, I noticed that there were two ladies who stated in their profile that they do not accept FR from men.

FR?
    Friend Request '-'
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    @pa2b32...anyone who friends you is going to have to ogle your halloween candy every day! That's not much of a marketing campaign to lure women who are trying to lose weight, lol.
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    OK...Today whilst reading forum stuff, I noticed that there were two ladies who stated in their profile that they do not accept FR from men. I know we hve been given the titles of pigs, dogs, trashy, *kitten*, sluts, cheaters, liars... but are we really that bad that you have decided that all of us come from the same mold?

I am THAT bad! :angry: My female friends know it! :smokin:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Here's a thought....WHY DOES IT MATTER?
    Are your insecurities that people wont like you greater than theirs, whatever it may be, for not wanting to you to FR them?

personally...it's their own loss.

So, I say to you bigboy...Suck it up buttercup!
  • stampede55
    Options
    if your significant other is gna get jelous of friends of the opposite sex on a fitness website then shes got some real trust issues with herself/himself that they need to deal with.

Smh....

OR it COULD be that they are doing it out of respect for their significant other... maybe.
    Yahtzee!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on the woman. The first month I was on MFP a guy sent me a FR saying I was hot, and I got the "creep-o" instinct from the message and his profile ("I travel a lot for work" -- yeah, I BET you do.) I have since friend-ed a few guys who are friends with other female MFP'ers I know and trust, or who I've talked to enough to feel OK about.

I think women often have to be "on the alert" in any setting where they meet a lot of strangers that are male -- it's just a fact of life, and self-preservation, and something most guys don't have to deal with on a daily basis.

This is just my (female) opinion...
  • rsratkie
    Options
    I think it is fine to set boundaries. Why are you taking it personal?:huh:
  • kdruga
    kdruga Posts: 35
    Options
    I only have people I know as my friends here.
  • rsratkie
    Options
    :happy:
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options

Smh....

That ive never understood.
    I grew up a tomboy and had nothing but male friends growin up.
    If my boyfriend couldnt RESPECT that I have male friends then he wouldnt be my boyfriend. Lol.
    I dont know why it would be a respect factor to have a friend of the opposite sex if there wasnt a trust issue.
  • XxXskinnyMiniXxX
    Options
    I think I have about half of my friends are male, I'm not going to turn someone's fr down unless I get a creepy vibe from them or if another friend has had "odd moments" with that person. I've gotten fr's from people then a female friend of mine will pm me and say that said new friend is "weird, creepy etc."
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I had a FR denied twice because of this. It was the same person and I had simply forgotten the first time I sent the request. She did offer an explanation in her denial.

I don't think it's that we are that bad. There are times when I specifically want feedback from guy friends. I personally wouldn't set that boundary in an online context, but that's just me.

Also, guys smell bad.