Worst Diet You've Been On...

Options

Replies

• aiyana1228
    aiyana1228 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I did fine on Atkins, its just not sustainable for the long run. Our body must have adequate fiber! Found MFP as I was ready to switch to WW.

The worst for me was one where you had to eat beats but then got a cup of vanilla ice cream. Beats are the one and only vegitable I do not like. It was disgusting. I called it the belemic diet for wimps. Definately made me want to hurl!

Second was slim fast. Those are NOT chocolate shakes. Yuk!
  • xmalonex
    Options
    atkins was hell....

i tried slim fast for a while combined with rigorous exercise and actually gained weight - so that was probably the worst results. but i've honestly never been one for fad diets. i did weight watchers in my teens and switched to calorie counting when things got tough in 2008. it's the only thing that works. i'm a fan of logic and science.

That's my thoughts too is counting calories makes sense to me more now than ever. I am sick of doing fad diets and thinking I'm going to get long term results.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I have never been on a diet. I never will be, either.

Good, I was starting to think I was the only one.

You BOTH are on a Diet of Ignorance....
    di·et [ d ət ] 1.what person or animal eats: the food that a person or animal usually consumes
    2.controlled intake of food: a controlled intake of food and drink designed for weight loss, for health or religious reasons, or to control or improve a medical condition
    3.regular intake of something: a continuous or daily experience of, or indulgence in, something other than food

Thank you, Mr. Webster.

v. di·et·ed, di·et·ing, di·ets
    v.intr.
    To eat and drink according to a regulated system, especially so as to lose weight or control a medical condition.

Also, that joke is old and not funny.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Cigarettes, cocaine, and nightclubs 4 nights a week. I was super thin and in pretty good shape from all the dancing.

Yeah, that was terrrrrrrible. Wait - no it wasn't!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have never been on a diet. I never will be, either.

Good, I was starting to think I was the only one.

You BOTH are on a Diet of Ignorance....
    di·et [ d ət ] 1.what person or animal eats: the food that a person or animal usually consumes
    2.controlled intake of food: a controlled intake of food and drink designed for weight loss, for health or religious reasons, or to control or improve a medical condition
    3.regular intake of something: a continuous or daily experience of, or indulgence in, something other than food

You know what the OP meant as well as we do. Don't be pedantic. That's my job.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried diets for weight loss but I have tried 2 for health benefits.

Fasting (almost) from one of Joel Fuhrman's books - I couldn't do it for one day. :sick:

Atkins, my own version of it - I DID lose weight on it, too much too quickly. :laugh: I wasn't doing the 2 week induction though, I just stayed under 70 grams of carbs and I included cottage cheese, nuts, most fruit and veggies, wine. I ate 2000+ calories daily. In the beginning I was a little b*tchy (easily irritated) and didn't seem to need much sleep. Other than that I felt great and had loads of energy. Felt so well I thought I might be insulin resistant and had to confirm with my doc that I wasn't. Stopped after 4/5 weeks and over a 6 month period was able to gain back most the weight I had lost from it.
    :smile:
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Cigarettes, cocaine, and nightclubs 4 nights a week. I was super thin and in pretty good shape from all the dancing.

Don't forget the poppers and glow sticks!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna hafta say..... calorie counting. :tongue:

That is, thinking that I should treat my life like a lab experiment of carefully weighed, measured, and logged intakes instead of just focusing on eating the foods that I enjoy and keep me feeling energetic and satiated, only eating when actually hungry, not beating myself up into a pulp at the gym, and getting LOTS of sleep.

Hey, you asked. :happy:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I went through a phase where I pretty much at a dominoes pizza or a blimpie sub every day. I felt physically craptacular.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    Slim Fast = Smelly Farts

LOL
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I did Alli once for a couple of weeks. Luckily, I didn't *kitten* myself.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    The I will only eat a Satsuma a day diet and exercise like crazy. I lost a lot of weight. I haven't gained it all back but I'd never recommend it.
  • dianneb123
    Options
    Cabbage soup!
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    It would have to be the Stillman diet, a low fat and essentially non-carb precursor to Atkins that makes that diet look almost sane. My mom and I were both on it for a while but couldn't stick to it. The woman across the street lost over a hundred pounds, though, which she quickly regained - and then some - as soon as she went off the diet. Poor woman. That was the only time during the several decades I knew her that she came anywhere close to a healthy weight, and she got there in such an unhealthy way that she ended up a lot worse off than when she started.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options

THOSE were the days! :wink:
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Probably the "poor" diet.

Ate hardly anything but oatmeal and ramen.

I was at my skinniest however!

Same here! Wasn't smart enough to invest in oatmeal, though. Often opted for saltine crackers and ketchup. Mmmmm.
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I would def go with the low carb.((Atkins,South Beach,etc) I lost like 80lbs in 4 months but was unaware I was losing muscle mass and my body was in ketosis leaving my breath terrible. When I finished the cycles I gained all that back and more.. ANTI low carb here.
  • SPheonix22
    SPheonix22 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit diet

eggs and bacon for breakfast, all meat and no carbs except leaves ( cabbage romaine, greens, kale, etc) and of course the grapefruit. Lost weight pretty fast at about 3-4 lbs a week but couldn't stick to it. Verry expensive to only eat meat!!

But OMG was it fun, grease and fat all the way! LOL!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    cabbage diet
    Eating nothing and exercising diet
    Shangry-la diet
    Cookie diet (sound good but those cookies taste awfull)
    WW (I was always so hungry with 19 points a day)
    Slim for life
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Easy: Atkins.

Pre-Atkins I hadn't eaten beef or port for 12 years; post Atkins I not only started eating carbs again, but had developed a taste for beef at every other meal and bacon on everything. I lost 10 lbs in 12 weeks on Atkins, and gained back 15 in 8 weeks.

I still haven't been able to give up pork. Mmmmm bacon.