21-Day No Junk Food Challenge: November Edition! (open)

Options

Replies

• jvmay1703
    jvmay1703 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Very interesting! Why 21 days though... Just curious.
  • adsumodo
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Very interesting! Why 21 days though... Just curious.
    I was thinking about this challenge while working out earlier and my thought was it takes 21 days to create a new habit. Now whether or not that's the true reason we're going 21 days, I'm not sure.:tongue:

I'm going to start today even if just for me, I know most are starting the 9th but I was at Trader Joe's and got what I needed but a little voice in my head seemed to think chocolate was needed in the cart. Nah... I didn't get any and it was all because I joined up on your No Sweet Challenge!

YAY...terrific idea for a challenge Hon:flowery: :heart:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm so in! This is a great challenge to motivate me as a new member of My Fitness Pal. ;-) I'm adding energy/protein bars to the list too. No matter how healthy they are, I tend to eat several of them... and that adds up FAST. And NO PIE. My fiance and I got into this whole "pie is delicious" thing, and we've got to stop making them!
    Welcome! Great to have you join us on not only MFP but this cool Challenge as well.. always fun to join a message board and then find yourself discovering a new group to join in.:bigsmile:
  • fit4future
    fit4future Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im in!

Will also try to refrain from any soft drink - but will allow myself some instead of alcoholic drinks when going out
  • fit4future
    Options
    Definately a fast food - they are mostly made up of potato and flavouring and already have oil and salt added to them :)
    They are certainly tasty though!

Try making your own at home and freezing (mixture of canned salmon or tuna, sweet potato instead of potato, add in some peas, corn etc, coat in herbs and a little bit of wholemeal flour instead of breadcrumbs & bake instead of frying).
  • fit4future
    Options
    Just a quick question but do frozen fish cakes constitute fast food stupid question probably but that's all I have to eat tonight

I don't really know what a fish cake is, but if you don't think it's junk food, it probably isn't. Or if you DO think it's junk food... it probably is. :laugh: I probably was no help here!

Definately a fast food - they are mostly made up of potato and flavouring and already have oil and salt added to them :)
    They are certainly tasty though!

Try making your own at home and freezing (mixture of canned salmon or tuna, sweet potato instead of potato, add in some peas, corn etc, coat in herbs and a little bit of wholemeal flour instead of breadcrumbs & bake instead of frying).
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    My No Junk Food list...
    - No cakes, donuts, brownies, cookies, pastries, etc
    - No chips
    - No pop
    - No ice cream
    - No candy
    - No fast food
    - No sweeteners/creamers in tea/coffee

I usually don't eat much junk food but lately I've been eating more and more. Same with sugar and creamers...used to drink tea plain and coffee black and now I have been adding creamers a lot and sugar to teas. So I'm planning on doing this for the whole month instead and hoping it will get me back to what I used to be...barely ever eating junk food..
  • healthyfitglutenfreebug
    Options
    I would love to do this challenge too! I did my own last month and by day 21 I ate my first bit of chocolate:( I want to see if i can stop the cravings around this time and go for longer. I will start 3rd November and Finish 24th November.....

Anyone have any tips to stop the cravings when they come?

Here's to being at my mini goal weight by the 9th December :smile:
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I am in, I normally don't eat much junk food but once in a while I get on a chocolate bar kick (Aero bars), and sour candies LOL, and I am trying to cut back on the sugar I add to tea! I was planning to start a no junk food thing today anyway so this is great! (I had enough last night to last me a few months for sure haha!)

I will still eat nut butters because I don't consider them junk.
  • memashipp
    memashipp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add start day...started 11/1/11. :flowerforyou:
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Would you guys consider Subway as fast food??
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options

Yes, I would. However, I think that if you go there and eat a veggie-delight salad, that would be okay.
  • Kotasmommy
    Kotasmommy Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Yes, I would. However, I think that if you go there and eat a veggie-delight salad, that would be okay.

Alright thanks!
  • heatherjames84
    heatherjames84 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Starting today...here goes nothing....
  • danamae
    danamae Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Im in !!
  • nikki46vsgjourney
    nikki46vsgjourney Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! This may be the challenge I need to get me back motivated and focus again.
  • fissyl
    Options
    I'm in, but keeping peanut butter
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Damn. lol

Ok, my list will be as follows....

The rules:
    No milk chocolate
    No candy
    No biscuit or cookies
    No cake, donuts, or muffins
    No pastries
    No white bread
    No chips
    No fast food
    No Nutella, or other naughty spreads
    No ice cream
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Has anyone already started their challenge? How is it going so far?

Mine will start on Sunday.