New You for the New Year Challenge- A 12 Week Personal Chall

Options

Replies

• megarooni
    megarooni Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I lost 4lbs this week. Unfortunately I have been really sick and all food (even talking or thinking about it) is making me nautious so I did not eat as I should have. So I expect it to come back on. Just more motivation to push through this week and do what I can to keep it off. I did at least 30 minutes of exercise each day.
    1. I have not found myself losing motivation. There are days I do not want to work out, and on those days I will just watch what I eat. Tracking my food as become a habit and it not hard to do. I know that if I simply track everything I put in my mouth I will be successful and if I add in the extra workout time I will see bigger results and potentially faster results. I am so close to being under 200 lbs for the first time in years it keeps me going. I seem to set subconscious mini-goals that are in 5 or 10lb increments. These mini-goals are not set in stone, but each time I see that little extra weight gone I feel so much better.
    In the beginning of my journey I did not have scale at home. We have an industrial scale in the back to weight pallets on and that was what I was using. I also would weigh myself at a friends house I was at on a regular basis. However, I was told her scale showed 5lbs heavier that the actual weight and discovered this was not true. This was a setback and upsetting but I knew that I needed to keep going for me and no one other than me can fix the issues at hand.
    2. When I need support and motivation I go to my roommate. She is noticing all of my changes as I am. If she notices I have not worked out in a few days she will suggest we go for a walk/jog, do a video together, or play the Wii or X360-Kinnect. Anything to get me up and going. The other huge motivators are my MFP friends. If I'm having a bad day I have never been given anything but constructive criticism and positive comments. It helps to know that we are all in the same battle and in different point of the journey so there is the motivation from the people who are close to their goals and the ones you want to succeed because you're around the same point and those I support myself as they are just starting or have a longer journey than myself.

Keep up the great work everyone!! We can all do this!!! Just stay focused and think about how much happier and healthier we can be together at the end of this journey and beginning of our next journey to the new people we have become inside and out!!!
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    How are we all doing???

I will post Week 4 information later tonight!

xoxoxoxoxo
    Michelle
  • DisneySkaGirl
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I am doing well! I am still working on the water challenge, getting much easier/better.

As far as workouts, I bought the Zumba video game for the playstation move last week, so my challenge this week is to do AT LEAST a 20 minute routine everyday I don't have a full Zumba class to go to. I think that would kick start so more loss!
  • DisneySkaGirl
    Options
    I lost 4lbs this week. Unfortunately I have been really sick and all food (even talking or thinking about it) is making me nautious so I did not eat as I should have. So I expect it to come back on. Just more motivation to push through this week and do what I can to keep it off. I did at least 30 minutes of exercise each day.

Great committment working out when you're no feeling well! That's awesome!
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I am doing well! I am still working on the water challenge, getting much easier/better.

As far as workouts, I bought the Zumba video game for the playstation move last week, so my challenge this week is to do AT LEAST a 20 minute routine everyday I don't have a full Zumba class to go to. I think that would kick start so more loss!

1) How do you like the Move, is it worth the money???
    2) How do you like the Zumba?? I have a Wii and a Playstation (w/o the move).

~Michelle
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    Week 4 Challenge will be posted AM- PST time tomorrow the 1st.

Get ready you guys... Im feeling like we need a challenge...

hehehehehhehehhehhehe :laugh: :devil:

~Michelle
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    Hey Guys,

Ok- I am trying to send messages to everyone that has not posted in a while… want to get this amazing group back together. :flowerforyou:

Week 4 is underway… You all are doing SO amazing!!!!! :drinker:

Personal Challenge:
    *Eat CLEAN. :noway: Yep I said it. Eat as clean as you can fresh fruits, veggies, and meats.
    *I am going to try and burn at least 1000 calories this week with working out as well. :tongue:

Personal Reflection: This is a 2 part reflection week.
    1) What was your breaking point, your “ah-ha” moment, the point that made you sign up for MFP?
    2) The scale can be the devil :devil: (for me anyway… I REALLY hate it last week and this week) so lets focus on a NSV for this week. At the end of the week post all NSV’s that you have accomplished or felt for the week

~Michelle
  • Cely21
    Cely21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I missed the third week.. but I'm back..

My personal Challenge:
    Not feeling like giving up. I have a long journey ahead of me, so I have to continue to stay motivated and stay away from my kids halloween candy!! I'm going to continue to workout my 6days a week and try my hardest to stay between 1200 to 1400 cal intake (1200 is soooo hard for me!!) And keep looking and everyone's before and afters to keep me going.

Personal Reflection:
    My breaking point was when I hit 310 and kept thinking am I going to get bigger!! OMG I can't believe I weigh this much!! I didn't feel good about myself I hated and still kinda do getting dressed and started getting antisocial I'm getting somewhat better:smile: . I was looking on my Iphone for apps and I've previously used a different calorie counter but of course didn't get much use of it and of course didn't lose ANY weight AT ALL!! :grumble: I came across MFP thought WTHeck why not try it I tried the other one hopefully it will be different?? And sure enough it is absolutely is different. Everyone here is freak'n awesome :flowerforyou: ...I LOVE all of you guys and LOVE being here!! I quit FB and I'm on here all the time instead. And guess what? I'm losing weight!! YAY ME!!!:drinker:

So I know it's not the end of the week but so far my NSV is I'm sooo close to fitting into a smaller size pants that I've had hanging up for almost 1yr!! Sooo hopefully by the end of the week I'll be fitting into them and theyre not stretchy.. I'll let you guys know at the end of the week. :wink:

Well have a Fabulous week everyone and make it a good one!! :flowerforyou:

10756396.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • pearlsgonewild
    pearlsgonewild Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I missed a week too, but here I am! For my check-in, I lost 2.6 lbs this week! I am 2 lbs away from my goal weight.

1) What was your breaking point, your “ah-ha” moment, the point that made you sign up for MFP?

I was on MFP for a while but I refused to use the food diary. One day, after reading an article about surprising places where high-fructose corn syrup is used (yoplait light yogurt!!!) Did some more research about how the body processes that stuff. I started using the food diary and reading ALL labels. I have lost 19 pounds since that day.

2) The scale can be the devil (for me anyway… I REALLY hate it last week and this week) so lets focus on a NSV for this week. At the end of the week post all NSV’s that you have accomplished or felt for the week :

It's not the end of the week but I had a NSV...my Mii on the wii fit shrank when I weighed in this week. She jumped up and down, and turned around and checked out her butt. it was very exciting as I have had an overweight Mii as long as I have had the wii fit. (3 years)
  • jennifer975
    jennifer975 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I had a rough week last week, pretty stressed out over work and class, so just ate whatever I wanted. Glad to be back on here though, it's motivating!

My personal challenge:
    Keeping calorie intake below 1400, and avoiding Halloween candy!

Reflection:
    My breaking point was after having my first child (she is 2 now), I still had to wear my maternity clothes because my pre-pregnancy clothes didn't fit at all, and I was the heaviest I'd ever been. I started my weight loss journey when she was 6 months old, and did good, lost 25 lbs over 9 months, and then I got pregnant again (Husband couldn't keep his hands off me after losing all that weight!). I wanted to start my journey again as soon as I could after the birth, but my newborn son had some health issues that were stressful, so my diet went on the wayside, and I gained some weight because of it. But after he had his surgery at 2 1/2 months, he's been doing great and I've been able to take care of myself again.

I actually achieved a NSV yesterday, I was able to comfortably fit in my pre-pregnancy jeans. I did a little dance. :tongue:
  • ddboone
    Options
    pearlsgonewild - Congrats on being 2lbs from your goal and on your shrinking Mii! I can just imagine the dance she did.

Personal Challenge:
    *I am doing Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 for the month of November. Should definitely burn at least 1,000 calories this week.
    *I will focus on fruits, veggies, whole grains and fish this week for my meals, staying under my calorie goal.

Personal Reflection:
    A friend asked me to be in her wedding and when it came time to get the dress I couldn't believe I needed the size my measurements demanded. I had been in denial for so long, wearing clothing that was too tight. So instead of getting the correct size, I ordered my dress in a size I knew would not fit. It was stupid, but once it was done I had no choice but to try and lose the weight before the big day. I had friends who were on MFP and having great success so I joined and worked out everyday, ate clean and voila! managed to get into the dress by the big day. But more than that, I realized how out of shape I had been, how horribly my clothes fit before, that food that's good for you can taste good too and that I really can transform my body if I put the effort in.

2) The scale can be the devil (for me anyway… I REALLY hate it last week and this week) so lets focus on a NSV for this week. At the end of the week post all NSV’s that you have accomplished or felt for the week

I went to a Halloween party and saw friends I haven't seen in months. They all noticed I had lost weight and asked me what I'm doing. One guy even sent me a text message after the party to tell me I was looking good :-) The most amazing part is that it was TOM and I was feeling bloated ... but I guess my new tummy bloated is nothing compared to my pre-MFP tummy!
  • teresastemen
    teresastemen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks Michelle for sending me a message. I sucked last week, crazy time at work. I havent been keeping up with my water intake, but i have been good about moving. I definately can do clean eating, love fruits and veggies, don't eat meat so, no worries there.

What got me on MFP were pictures of me with my friends and seeing I was the chubby one in the middle. I hated seeing that, so i knew eveyone else was seeing it to but not saying anything to me, which i appreciate because my friends love me but they needed to be honest wih me.

I haven't gained or lost, so that bugs me but at least I'm not heavier. I hope everyone keeps working and rocking it out!

My motivation, my hot husband!
  • phechan3
    Options
    Progress: I've lost 4 pounds since I've joined! b(^o^)d

Personal Challenge:
    *Eat CLEAN. noway Yep I said it. Eat as clean as you can fresh fruits, veggies, and meats. (This is going to be a tough one...)
    *I'm going to try to go to the gym at least 3 times this week and burn at least 1000 calories in total.
    *I'm going to try to drink at least 5 glasses of water every day.

Personal Reflection: This is a 2 part reflection week.

There were actually three things that made me know that I had to sign up for MFP. One, I realized that walking up four flights of stairs killed me. And although stairs and me have never been best buddies, I knew that the progress I had made previously had all went poof. I really need to up my stamina. Two, my clothes aren't fitting so well... and I really don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe. >.<;; Three, my self confidence hasn't been so good since I put on more weight. :/

2) The scale can be the devil devil (for me anyway… I REALLY hate it last week and this week) so lets focus on a NSV for this week. At the end of the week post all NSV’s that you have accomplished or felt for the week

11/1: I burned over 300 calories today at the gym so I'm feeling pretty good about that. :D

Thanks Michelle for checking up on me! <3
  • deb968
    deb968 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I know I have been gone and not keeping up.

I have been getting all of my water in and then some.
    Doing Turbo Fire for 10 days now.
    Down in weight

Will be a better logger this week.
  • ddboone
    Options
    Doing Turbo Fire for 10 days now.

Great job! How do you like Turbo Fire? I've been thinking about trying it.
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry Michelle and everyone else...

I've had a tough little while... my Godson is in the ICU Burn Unit from a kitchen accident and I've been a bit busy... I'm ready to get back on track though
  • MiniMichelle
    Options
    Hey guys. I updated the banner... made it a bit smaller

NewYou2-1.jpg

Remember make the IMG lowercase :)
  • Trezzy
    Trezzy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks Michelle for my message too! Just what I needed. Hard week for me this week. I am about 3lbs down since the beginning of the challenge but I know I can do better!

So as a far as "ah ha" moment I've never reallly had one. I knew I was overweight when I got pregnant with my second baby and knew that when the pregnancy was over that I needed to get on it. I am also taking one step forward, two steps back, two steps forward, one step back but one day it will all click!

NSV-I have been Hula Hooping or Hoop Dancing since September and I am finally getting some fun tricks down. To the point that when I was showing my Husband he is "Wow that looks really cool"...He isn't easy to impress. Plus it has me burning about 350 calories in 30 minutes. I can't wait to get back at it today after being sick! So my NSV is #1 finding something I love to do that is exercise and #2 getting good at it!
  • bigdaddycowgill
    bigdaddycowgill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been around. Modem issues & i've been helping out at my kids' school for several times in the last couple weeks. I've only lost .2 lbs since the beginning of the Challenge, but am down 25 lbs & 2 shirt sizes since late August.

I've been over 70 oz of water almost every day & have been faithful in my logging, even when I had to do it on my small & temperamental Palm Pre(I'm hoping to get my iPhone 4S next week).

I'll be around more, I promise!
  • kelly81082
    kelly81082 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for checking up on me. I'm struggling right now, have a lot of stuff going on in my life so I'm stressed. I eat when I'm stressed. I haven't been working out as much as I'd like, so I really need to challenge myself there. I'm till losing, but I know if I worked out too it would help. I'm also having a few slip ups with food. I think I also need to work on finding more friends on here because I need some support and encouragment, so if any of you want, please add me.
    My ah ha moment was at the Dr's office. I had always been underweight but was always told I was healthy so I didn't need to worry about it too much. I think after giving birth to my son I had only about 10 extra pounds on me and finally around average. Then my dad died and I went out of control with eating. Once I was standing there on the scale and realized I had gained 50lbs, I knew I had to do something.