C25K Running Group - Week 8 (Closed Group)

Options
We are in the final stretch ladies!!
357lwcg.png
Here are our workouts for the week:

Workout 1: Brisk five-minute warmup, then jog 28 mins (or 2.75 miles)
Workout 2: Brisk five-minute warmup, then jog 28 mins (or 2.75 miles)
Workout 3: Brisk five-minute warmup, then jog 28 mins (or 2.75 miles)

Three additional minutes, so it shouldn't bee too bad, right?

Replies

• pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone! :happy:
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    We are without heat and power since saturday. No runs not eating healthy. My son said forget about diet we are in survival mode. The only reason I can post this is we are MA. Looking for propane gas and try to cook grill.
  • TL136
    TL136 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    We are without heat and power since saturday. No runs not eating healthy. My son said forget about diet we are in survival mode. The only reason I can post this is we are MA. Looking for propane gas and try to cook grill.

OH MY, where do you live? Did you get hit by a snow storm? If this makes any sence because we live in Northern VT we got nothing. Kids are upset cause they want to ski. I told them we need to get through Halloween first! My prayers are with you on your speed recovery from survival mode.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that Yasmin, hang in there!!
  • chanson104
    Options
    Take care of yourself and your family! I will say a prayer for you!
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I hope everything will be alright Yasmin!

a. W7D2 completed
    b. It was a really good run, I didn't look at the time! And I ran faster, I did 3 miles instead of the 2 I usually do, and I ran a 10 minute mile instead of between 11-12 like I normally do.
    c. To carry on improving!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    a) W8D1 - COMPLETE - sort of!! I paused for less than a minute to tie my shoe, then resumed. Can I count this one, or should I do it again?
  • CoCoMa
    Options

a. W7D2 completed
    b. It was a really good run, I didn't look at the time! And I ran faster, I did 3 miles instead of the 2 I usually do, and I ran a 10 minute mile instead of between 11-12 like I normally do.

Nice Bry, a 10 mn mile is AWESOME!! I think as I've progressed, I had to slow down. It's good to hear that you're improving!! WTG my dear!!
  • TL136
    Options
    a) W8D1 - COMPLETE - sort of!! I paused for less than a minute to tie my shoe, then resumed. Can I count this one, or should I do it again?
    Definately it counts.:smile:
  • chanson104
    Options
    This definitely counts!!
  • chanson104
    Options

a. W7D2 completed
    Awesome!
  • chanson104
    Options
    a. W7D1 completed.
    b. It wasn't too bad.
    c. I'm starting to consider myself a runner, and I like it. :happy:
  • jgoldwire
    Options
    That is very good, I am just getting started so I am trying hard to adjust.
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options

OH MY, where do you live? Did you get hit by a snow storm? If this makes any sence because we live in Northern VT we got nothing. Kids are upset cause they want to ski. I told them we need to get through Halloween first! My prayers are with you on your speed recovery from survival mode.
    Thank you all. Tonya I live in Suffield, CT. Not far from you.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    a. W7D1 completed.
    b. It wasn't too bad.
    c. I'm starting to consider myself a runner, and I like it. :happy:

WTG Christine, I'm sure you meant W8, right?
  • TL136
    Options
    w8d1: completed at 4.7
    I had to do it a little slower. I was able to do the whole thing and felt great! Maybe I didn't need to slow down thepace. I will try day 2 on Thursday at speed 5.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    a) W8D2 DONE!!! I barely made it, Jogged between a 5.0 and 5.2
    b) It was sooo hard, like that was my first time jogging ever.
    c) So when am I supposed to enjoy jogging?? Maybe when I don't have to do it, I'd appreciate it more...
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Ok, I plan on going to the gym to complete the last day. I'm not sure how I'll do because I'm feeling a little tired, and my hip hurts a little.

How are you ladies doing??
  • chanson104
    Options
    oops! Definitely meant week 8. Glad to have week 7 behind me!
  • chanson104
    Options
    a) W8D2 completed!
    b) I use to think that if someone could read during their workout that they weren't working hard enough. Well, the last few days I have been bringing my iPad and reading. It works real well because I am able to adjust the size of the font and don't have to mess with book or magazine pages. It provides an excellent distraction and makes time go faster.
    c) This Saturday I am participating in a 5K. My three kids are doing it with me, and I am super excited. My 18 year old is an avid runner, but my 15 and 10 year olds are not runners at all. I have no idea what to anticipate out of myself; I'm sure the oldest will encourage me to go faster and harder, but the younger two will be a distraction. I'm just looking forward to having some fun and accomplishing something with my kids. Oh, and getting a cool t-shirt!