NSV (Non-Scale Victory) of the Day- Oct 31st

Options
2»

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My NSV was that I looked in the mirror and loved what I saw.

Also, I haven't had any little candy bars so far this Hallowe'en weekend.

Also, I was able to carry on a lengthy conversation with my roommate's incredible toned (and attractive) friend about fitness/weight management/diet/exercise, which I was pretty proud of.
  • jgsinfw
    jgsinfw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    3 from the weekend:

1 - I only ate 3 mini-Snickers yesterday and none today - not bad compared to the 12 or 15 I would have eaten last year.
    2 - On Saturday, I walked 5 minutes, jogged 20 minutes straight, walked 2, then jogged another 15 before walking to cool down.
    3 - I had to tighten the strap around my chest on my heart monitor - it was at its maximum and felt too tight just 3 weeks ago.
  • jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Picking out what to wear to preach tomorrow and discovered that I now fit into a Canali suit that hasn't fit for four years. Pretty exciting since I have left the private sector for ministry and the days of $2,000 suits are gone for ever.
  • kenyabloodstone
    Options
    I was able to get into a pair of long shorts that I bought back in high school and even when I bought them they were snug and haven't fit me since I bought them. I put them on for the first time on Saturday and they fit and were even a little loose in the waist.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    We met up with some of the other neighborhood dads for trick-or-treating tonight. My neighbor, who's a HS soccer coach looked me up and down and said, "Dude, where's the rest of you?"

That was pretty cool.
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    Frida I actually jogged.......yes jogged......not fast mind u but for a full 15 minutes without stopping and I think I could have done 20 if I would have pushed myself a bit harder! I was so proud that I actually cried when i was done! I had always told people.......oh Im just not a runner I just can't do it! Well guess what................I CAN DO IT!

That brought tears to my eyes...it's one of my gals and the longest I have done is 5 minutes...congratulations!
    . I agree!! I can't wait til I start running. However if I ran on the treadmill at the gym I think I would sound like a heard of elephants running!!!! Lmao
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    just got back from the gym, i usually do 22min on the elip machine but today i pushed myself and did 25min without stoping., i remember the days when i could barely do 5min.

That is so awesome! I remember that too....thought I was going to die....well done! x
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love all these NSV's - SO inspriring!

Well done everyone :heart:
  • Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    WTG! What great timing, eh? :) I'm very proud of you.
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! I am so proud of all of you!!!
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You guys.

You guys!!

I'm wearing a pair of jeans I bought in 2005 (when I was "thinner"). I keep having to hike them up because they're a little big now.

Yay!
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    After caving into candy yesterday (boooo), I had one of my gym classes today. For the 1st time since the summer, I could see myself in gym shorts and a tshirt in a body length mirror. I loved the fact there was less of me there, and there will be even less of me by Christmas. Also, I need a new belt.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I bought size 6 pants yesterday, and size small shirts, and small sized underwear.

And they all fit.

I have NEVER worn anything this small before.

It was a good day.
  • hgunter10
    hgunter10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me too! I host the Halloween Party for work and I did not eat ONE piece of candy, cake, or cookie! I was so proud of myself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!