IS IT OK TO HAVE A SMALL SPOON OF PEANUT BUTTER IF YOU ARE H

Options
I just had a small spoon of peanut butter because after eating a small piece of homemade veggie omelette I still felt like my stomach was empty; is this ok? Peanut butter has a lot of fat but as well as protein? Or am I treacking my brain? Advice?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    What? Why would it not be OK?
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Its fine, don't worry so much
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Nuts and seeds are absolutely a part of healthy eating (in moderation)!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    No.................................use a big spoon! Peanut butter is great as long as it's not laden with a bunch of sugar. 2 tablespoons is a standard serving.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    Sounds kinda eating disorder speak. Of course someone would still be hungry eating a 'small piece of a veggie omelette" Try a large spoon of peanut butter and eat more omelette.
  • AprilNewton
    Options
    I have peanut butter toast everyday and have lost 65 lbs. Keep it within your calorie goal and it will be fine.
  • kalexander2005
    kalexander2005 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I think peanut butter can be a great treat, esp when craving sugar or something sweet. I wouldn't use it every day and I wouldn't use it as part of my meals, but a little now and then -- and log it -- shouldn't be a problem. :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    It's ok to eat whatever the heck you want as long as it fits within your calorie goal. You'll live.
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Of course it is, as long as it fits in with your overall target for calories(as well as fat and protein).
    PB is a great quick source of energy but you need to be mindful of it's high calorie content.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    It's totally fine, and in fact is probably what your body needs. Listen to your body, if you're not satisfied you're going to be tempted to reach for snacks (likely junk food) and you don't want that.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Count the calories, and it's ok. Peanut butter is one of my most reliable and healthy filler food, and a little goes a long way.
    Real peanut butter, of course, nothing but peanuts.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I usually have all natural peanut butter every day. It's my lil treat. Just keep in mind a serving is 2 tablespoons. I usually break it down and do one tablespoon servings and have one in the morning and one in the afternoon or evening! Enjoy!
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    It's fine, but you could also have eaten the whole omelette.
  • xmommyof2boysx
    xmommyof2boysx Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love PB for a quick snack...sometimes I get too busy that when I get hungry I reach for the PB jar...a Tbsp always does the trick for me.. : )
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Good Lord!!! Peanut Butter was my saving Protein Grace when I was needing something sweet and filling! I would eat a couple of tablespoons at any one time...

it's a good source of protein, so EAT UP!!
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    everything is OK with moderation.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast is two pieces of bread, two tablespoons of JIF, and a cup of coffee.

Peanut butter is a good source of protein and has enough of GOOD fat to keep me powered through the morning.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    yup...have another
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have peanut butter toast everyday and have lost 65 lbs. Keep it within your calorie goal and it will be fine.

Oh I like this! I will be trying it don't know why I didn't think of it :happy:
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    What? Why would it not be OK?

NICE. Good job answering the question.