fit-and-fun-sized-those-under-5-4-for-November

Options

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi! How is everyone doing today? I just started Ripped in 30 and hoping to stick with it... I got bored with each level of the shred being 10 days. Though I found it easier since I am in better shape than I was when I did the shred, but as we all know Jillian's workouts are not easy!..lol! Have a great day everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i am 5 foot (actually 4 foot 11 1/2 inches, but i lie) and my goal is 110. i am currently in the 120s. i have having trouble getting below 122 and staying there. i'd love to join you. feel free to send me a friend request!
  • TSTagain
    TSTagain Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I should join this group. I am really discouraged today and that is why I have wondered into this folder. Long story short, I just did a 6 wk wt loss challenge with my exercise class and I was pretty sure I was going to win. Well, the announced the results this morning and I lost to another women by 0.01 of a lb! Can you believe it? UGH. I lost 8 lbs in 6 wks, which is a MAJOR feat in itself for me. I didn't even care about the prize (got the entire pot, everyone put in $10, so it was well over $100, plus a t-shirt), I just wanted to win, *something.* Second place didn't get any prizes and the story of my life is that if I come close to winning, I never get anything higher than 2nd place. I hate this feeling right now. I told my husband I would rather have lost by an entire lb, than by only .01 of a lb, it's such an insult from the universe. I feel like I really needed to win this challenge as a boost to my self esteem. The other women in my exercise class are all much more athletically in shape than I am, most of them place for their age group when they run 5Ks. I finish my 5ks, 5-7 min later than they do and I am also the oldest one in the group and just never been athletic to begin with. Anyway, last time I weighed in on Friday, I was 160 lbs, I'm 5"4 and 38 yrs old, a mom of 3 boys, who has been killing myself exercising 5-6 a wk to try to lose wt and keeping a food diary. I really think that a group like this will help, since you are right. If you are short and overweight, it looks worse than someone who is only a few inches taller. I've had this trouble my entire life. In high school, I weighed 115 lbs and practically starved myself to get to that weight, but the smallest size I could wear was a size 8 and all of my friends thought I weighed over 130 lbs, so I always thought I was fat, even when I was, "skinny." Now I really am fat and I realize how silly I was to get upset over a pants size. I also have really large calves, which on my body frame, simply makes me look more bulky. My calves are so large, I have a really, really hard time finding boots and sometimes even jeans that fit over my calves, and the thing is that they are ALL muscle, my husband is jealous of my calves and the only ppl who like them are all athletes. However, I wish I didn't have my athletic calves, they make me look fat.

Hi HelloKitty,

Please don't let this get you down. You are doing an awesome job...you can run a 5k - most of us can't even do that (at least no yet). Take it from me, coming in second is better than coming in last and you worked hard and it will pay off. This was a competition, but you must have learned alot about how you lose weight and what it will take to get you to your ultimate goal and that's all that counts. So dust off those running shows and loe that 0.01lbs or whatever you feel you need to lose. Your are a winner and that's that!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    hot power yoga today felt great! looking forward to a run and yoga tomorrow.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and always looking for some motivation to stay on track. I would love for you to count me in.
  • AnitaMcKenna
    AnitaMcKenna Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I kind of went AWOL last month, both on this forum and and with my own goals! I did manage to lose 2lb but didn't exercise nearly enough and tried my best to cheat myself :embarassed:

Back with avengence today! November WILL be a better month! I began with a fab Zumba class this morning which has really energised me, now I can't wait to get on with it! :bigsmile:

New friends are always good for motivation, so please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hi,, I'm 5ft 1.25" and vary between 125-128. I started on this site in April at 135 and lost 10lbs but have not been really careful with
    my eating since my vacation in August and a medical procedure that made me take a couple of weeks off. I would like to vary more like 122-125 so need to lose a few more lbs...the hardest ones to lose!
  • Dailygoals
    Dailygoals Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm 5'2. I lost six pounds initially but it crept back up again. So I'm committed to tracking again because it's the only thing that works really. Starting the 30 day shred today and I'm going to walk 30 minutes daily. Achievable!

My current weight is 146 lb, and I'd be happy to get to 125... Together we can do it!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    This is my longest post ever. I hope I got everyone. If I missed anyone, my apologies.

Estepteau – Welcome and I agree. 10 does look like 25

Kappy- You and I are at about the same place with 17 pounds to go.

Blue – Welcome! We have always been a little loose on any rules here, but I am hoping we all post at least weekly. You can talk about what ever you want: exercise, your problems, what you are doing that is working. I love your avatar pictute.

Caterpillar - “vertically challenged” I like it.

Welcome Nitalynne! I agree. It is frustrating to see how many calories taller people can eat or how much they can weigh. We just have to hang in there and stay focused on ourselves and what we need. Hang in there.

Mynika –Welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you better too.

Bodyzen – Welcome. The last 10 pounds are the hardest. Hang in there.

Gwen – Welcome – you’ve joined by posting here.

Annita – Congrats on a good October and the new boyfriend. We can make it through the holidays by supporting each other.

321blueeyes – good luck in meeting your exercise goals. I admire you running. I hope we can both make it to the 130s this month.

Vanessa – It’s not fair, but it is harder for us because we use less calories so it is harder to not over eat.

SaishaLea – Wow! Congratulations on the weight loss last month. That is fantastic.

TST – Welcome! Posting does help. Please post as often as you like.

Hellokitty – I am sorry to hear about the results of your weight loss contest. 8 pounds is still fantastic. This is a good group and you will find a listening ear and good friends.

Beaner – Hang in there. You are so close.

Nikstergirl – Hang in there. I do believe the closer you get, the harder it is. You can do it!

Kim – You must be so happy to be at the end of PT. It must be so great to be able to exercise again. Don’t look back at Halloween, just look forward.

Shirlann – Congratulations on loosing 5 pounds!

Godblessourhome – Welcome. I admire you at getting to the 120s.

Dirtbikegirl – your counted in! Looking forward to getting to know you.

AnitaMcKenna – Welcome back!

Sammys1girly – Welcome! Vacations are always hard. Good luck this month.

Sarahlk9- Welcome! Good luck getting in your exercise everyday!

Barbie – You are always such an inspiration to all of us. Give the dogs a pat from me.

It is so great to see all the posts. November will be a good month for all of us. I just know it.

Jeannie
  • minisumo
    minisumo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Monday was my first weigh-in after being back on MFP and I'd lost 3lbs! It's my first weight loss in 10 years so mostly water weight (Oktoberfest beer weight?) but it was sooooo great to see the scales moving in the other direction for a change. I'm now really motivated and confident about losing more in November.

I've set myself a goal to lose another 6lbs this month so that I can hopefully meet my 'lose a stone by Christmas' goal. I have a wardrobe full of clothes that I can't fit into any more, and I can't wait to start wearing some of them again for the festive season.

Good luck fellow fun-sizers, wishing you all a great start to November - we can do this! :happy:
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!.. How is everyone doing? I have been sore from my workout a couple days ago and now after starting Ripped in 30 I am even more sore...ha! Oh wells, at least it's good pain! :) Hope everyone has a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies and welcome back to all the veterans. I have been so busy since my surgery I have had no time for me. I gained 9lbs since the surgery and am now back down to 6. I'm not real happy about it but it could have been worse since I haven't worked out one day!! My goal is to get myself back on track and logging daily again. I have to start putting myself before everyone else again. Thats the only way to make this work. Even though I will say 106 isn't all that bad I'm just much happier at 100. I hope you guys have a great day!!!
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!! I am 5'2 fun size for sure..I would like to join you guys. I have another ten pounds to lose, which are taking forever. I am very excited to have found this post. Have a wonderful day everyone:)
  • TSTagain
    TSTagain Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great job, on the 3 lbs MiniSumo :flowerforyou: - Good luck with the next 6lbs.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Monday was my first weigh-in after being back on MFP and I'd lost 3lbs! It's my first weight loss in 10 years so mostly water weight (Oktoberfest beer weight?) but it was sooooo great to see the scales moving in the other direction for a change. I'm now really motivated and confident about losing more in November.

MiniSumo - Congratulations! Good luck going for the next 6

Jeannie
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    Other then roasted something and soup what can you make with a pumkin, carrots, a sweet potato, yam, a butternut and acorn squash? Other then ground chicken this is what I have in my cupboard right now. I have no idea whats for dinner. I wonder how the squashes would taste sauted like fried potatoes ... but with half the oil?
    I have found fatal diet flaw.:noway: If it is a free lunch you eat it. I got a roast beef sandwhich at lunch today instead of what I had planned on because the sandwhich was free and it means I now have a frozen lunch for Monday; but I have no ides awat was on the sandwich other then roast beef. Well it's 5 o'clock and time for me to race the rest of the city home.
  • minisumo
    Options
    Great job, on the 3 lbs MiniSumo :flowerforyou: - Good luck with the next 6lbs.

Thank you! And good luck with your Thanksgiving goal too :happy: Looks like we have roughly the same goal and timeframe. How are you getting on?
  • minisumo
    Options

MiniSumo - Congratulations! Good luck going for the next 6

Jeannie

Thank you Jeannie! And thank you for organising this thread :flowerforyou: What a friendly supportive bunch we fun-sized lot are :happy:
  • Guerita83
    Options
    5'3 here!! Would like to join as well...started MFP not long ago and I truly LOVE it!!! Support and my MFP friends are awesome motivators...On week 3 of Ripped in 30, have slacked a bit on it, but have substituted it some days for jogging instead, seen good results so far, not much lost weight only 5 lbs, but its a good start :)
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    60 minutes of yoga, 50 minutes of shoveling and a 2 mile run on the treadmill. :) just yoga for me today!