What day do you weigh in? and why?

Options
13»

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning when I first wake up. My weight fluctuates a lot throughout the week, so I only record when I see I've lost weight. But the weight at the beginning of the day is your true weight.

Same here...mostly because I work out in the mornings and like to enter my current weight in the cardio machines for a more accurate burn (as accurate as those things can be). I only update MFP when I've lost, and then only after I've seen that lower number for at least two mornings in a row.
  • allisonj87
    allisonj87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Mondays. Mostly because I think that everything should start at the beginning of the month/week. I was going to switch to Friday, but I think that weigh in on Monday keeps me from going crazy on the weekends.
  • xmalonex
    Options
    I weigh in every morning...right now I'm losing lot's of water weight so its kind of exciting to see some come off so quickly.
    When I've dieted before if I weighed every day I stayed on course...it was after I stopped weighing in that the pounds crept back.
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning first thing after pee. I log the weight if it is a loss, but don't record gains unless it has been greater than 2-3 days. Weighing myself every day works for me, but I understand it's not for everyone. I like to see a general trend downward. As long as that is true, I know that what I'm doing is working... I do an official weigh-in where I do measurements & BF% every Saturday morning. That gives me some additional parameters to monitor so that I am not obsessing over the scale weight. Saturday is also a good day for me b/c I take "free meals" over the weekend. That gives me Mon-Fri of eating clean & exercising to lose anything that I previously gained.
  • sandybirrd
    Options
    My official weigh-in is Wednesday mornings...give me a chance to recover from indulgence on the weekends, and it also gives me something to look forward to in the middle of the week! I do tend to cheat and "peek" other days of the week though :)
  • natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    Options
    Monday, cause it's the start of the week. I use it to let me know my progress for the week, and how bad any slip-ups hurt me or didn't hurt me. Plus I go grocery shopping early in the week so it lets me know if I'm on the right track when planning my weekly meals.
  • ampuckett08
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday when I wake up. I do this partially because of my type of personality and the other reason is so that I am aware of what type of water weight I have gained from eating something that I shouldn't have and it makes me realize to make wiser choices and to stay focused.
  • mother_of_brigade
    mother_of_brigade Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Wednesday is my WI. I like it because I can make up for bad decisions from the weekend or prepare for it.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I only log my official weight on Wednesdays every 4 weeks (I have a lot of 'monthly' fluctuation). My rationale for Wednesday is that I lift weights on Wednesday and Friday evenings so weighing on Wednesday morning means I'm not retaining water from muscle repair, and it's a few days removed from the weekend since I tend to not eat as much fiber, drink as much water, etc over the weekends as I do during the week.
  • shawn46106
    shawn46106 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Guilty of OCD myself..... every morning when I get up. I hold myself to maintaining the weight for 3 days, before I will record it though.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but my "official weigh-in" is on Mondays. This is to keep my focused on my diet over the weekend!!!

me too.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Friday morning because I believe I will be at my lowest for the week since I drink on the weekends!~ :drinker:
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but the one that counts is Monday. I figure after the weekend is when I'd be my heaviest.