Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Here we Go! 3rd "1 week" challenge! let's move!

So this will be my 3rd “1 week” challenge…these things are really helping me! I had almost twice the people on the second one as the first and I hope you all come back this time plus some…I did have a tougher time with the 30 minutes a day thing. I don’t know if it was a mental thing or if I just really didn’t have time. I think I will change it back to distance this time. So let’s start talking about what we will do this week…We will continue with keeping track of our daily calories and exercise calories so I will keep those 2 steps the same.
1-EAT YOUR CALORIES-try and trade one processed thing a day to a fresh item. If you don’t do this but still eat all your calories it still counts, we just wanna try and eat better.
2-EAT YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES BACK (we can still leave the 100 cal window)
For the exercise part lets go back to the distance setting but make it 1 ½ miles this time. Of course you can do more if you want. We can also add some strength this time. Do 100 sit ups or crunches EVERYDAY and you can split it up between any styles you like. I have 3 styles I like and I divide the 100 between them. Also let’s get in 30 squats EVERYDAY. Make sure your knees do not go over your toes and stick your butt out. You can squat as deep as you are comfortable with. And finally, let’s do 25 arm presses with at least a 3lb weight in each hand every day. Bend your arms at the elbow with elbows out to the side not in front of you, and press the weights up over your head till you arms are strait up in the air and repeat.
3-1 ½ MILE EVERYDAY
4-100 SIT/UPS or CRUNCHES (pick your style/styles), 30 SQUATS, 25 ARM PRESSES (gotta do it all for this step to count-unless medically advised not to do them…like say you have an injured knee and can’t)
Last but NOT least! WATER! Last week was drinking your 8 cups. Well this week we are gonna make it 10! So for my few ladies that had a problem with this, STEP IT UP! It helps if you get a huge water bottle and keep it with you so you know how much you drink or you could do what I did today. I took a plastic, disposable cup (they usually hold about 2 cups) and I would mark with a permanent marker 2 tick marks (for the 2 cups) every time I filled it up. So when I was done I would know how much I drink that day.
5- 10 CUPS (8oz each) of WATER!

So let’s talk about posting. For my previous peeps, you know the drill! It’s the same this time. You have to post EVERYDAY on this thread, after you have completed everything. If you can’t get back on that night then you can post it the next day but if you miss 2 days in a row you will be cut from the challenge! I usually post reports for a day on the next day about lunch time my time (central USA). If you missed the day before it is ok if you don’t get it in before I post the report as long as you get it in with that day’s report at the end of that day. I will update it the next day. But just try to post at the end of everyday! OK. I think that about covers it. I will recap below. Good luck to all! Thanks for joining in advance! WE WILL START ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4TH. So your first check in report will be that night, right here on this thread only (pretty please) . And for new members you can friend me if you want cause I do give support and reminders on my wall. COMMENT “IN” IF YOU WANT TO JOIN AND GIVE ME YOUR STARTING WEIGHT FOR THIS CHALLENGE.
Challenge Recap:
1-EAT YOUR CALORIES-try and trade one processed thing a day to a fresh item. If you don’t do this but still eat all your calories it still counts, we just wanna try and eat better.
2-EAT YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES BACK (we can still leave the 100 cal window)
3-1 ½ MILE EVERYDAY (unless you wanna do more)
4-100 SIT/UPS or CRUNCHES (pick your style/styles), 30 SQUATS, 25 ARM PRESSES (gotta do it all for this step to count-unless medically advised not to do them…like say you have an injured knee and can’t)
5- 10 CUPS (8oz each) of WATER!

START FRIDAY THE 4TH AND POST STARTING THAT NIGHT.
I will post a link to this thread on my previous one so all my peeps already on board can find it and I will post last week’s link here so all the newbie’s can see it and get a feel for how we post and all.

Last weeks thread: (for reference)
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/378013-lets-get-it-done-1-week-challenge?page=7#posts-5234808

Replies

• TrishaLeighNelson
    TrishaLeighNelson Posts: 258 Member
    I'm in! But, there is one thing I probably wont be doing, eating the exercise calories. This whole week that I ate them back, I gained. Then I went 2 days without eating them and I lost a pound. So Im going to try it for a week with not eating them. But, IM IN
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 653 Member
    i am in, i like that it is a little bit more challenging!!
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,164 Member
    I'm in! But, there is one thing I probably wont be doing, eating the exercise calories. This whole week that I ate them back, I gained. Then I went 2 days without eating them and I lost a pound. So Im going to try it for a week with not eating them. But, IM IN

I get it. we all have to adjust our cals and they could be off here and there...just make sure you are eating enough cause you will slow down or stop losing if you eat to few :) see how this week goes and what happens. I did the same thing but I was eating to few cals and had to eat more...I know it sounds silly to eat less and gain but I did...so now that i upped it I dropped the pounds back off...I will keep doing it this week and see if it stays down. Glad you're in!
  • LaSutopia
    i am in, i like that it is a little bit more challenging!!

sweet!
  • I'm in, and bookmarking now. This is an awesome challenge.
  • terihaddad
    terihaddad Posts: 114 Member
    I'm in!
  • LaSutopia
    got you ladies! Welcome back and aboard! We have 5 so far.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    count me in :) you may have to remind me though on Friday...running on not enough sleep so I may just forget completely :)
  • LaSutopia
    count me in :) you may have to remind me though on Friday...running on not enough sleep so I may just forget completely :)

ok will do. i post reminder on my wall all the time anyway. :)
  • amyB27
    amyB27 Posts: 105 Member
    Hey! So I'm still dealing with the family health situation but I'm in!! Love the added exercise-crunches & such!! :) Can't wait to start. The stress has put a damper on my motivation & I think the extra exercise will help me destress!
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    I'm in!
  • i'm in! do we have to open up our diary for this challenge?
  • LaSutopia
    i'm in! do we have to open up our diary for this challenge?

not if you don't want to. We will take your word for it.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    I would love to join!! thanks for your hard work!!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member

Are these per day or just over the week?
  • LaSutopia

Are these per day or just over the week?

Per day Mam!!! We move it here!! :):) It is not as hard as it sounds. And crunches are easier than sit ups if you can't do sit ups...I can't do that many situps myself!

Are you in?
  • LaSutopia
    PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL STEPS, 1-5, ARE TO BE DONE EVERYDAY!! Just to clarify:)

WE START TOMORROW! I will close this group as of my time tomorrow morning (central time USA) So if you want in you have to let me know before then!
  • getfine2015
    getfine2015 Posts: 155 Member
    Im all in too....My ending weight for last week is 275.5 I gained 5#'s in muscle and water.....This week I will try to increase water intake beyond 10 cups daily and see where that takes me. I like the extra challenge with the sit ups and crunches......
  • LaSutopia
    Im all in too....My ending weight for last week is 275.5 I gained 5#'s in muscle and water.....This week I will try to increase water intake beyond 10 cups daily and see where that takes me. I like the extra challenge with the sit ups and crunches......

do you want me to put this as your starting weight for this challenge or you wanna weigh in tomorrow and post it with your check in? You said it was the end of last weeks so I did not know if that meant like last friday or sat or if you meant the end of our challenge being yesterday....just let me know
  • getfine2015
    getfine2015 Posts: 155 Member

do you want me to put this as your starting weight for this challenge or you wanna weigh in tomorrow and post it with your check in? You said it was the end of last weeks so I did not know if that meant like last friday or sat or if you meant the end of our challenge being yesterday....just let me know
    Yes Its ok to post this as my starting weight. I wont weigh again until Monday...