Too extreme?

Options
I'm thinking of getting a divorce...

One of my main reasons IS because of my health and weight. When I was single I'd always work out to look hot for all the ladies, now that i'm married, I have no drive. I keep working 16 hour days just so i don't have to go home to her and keep eatng burgers and pizza because it's not like I need to be hot anymore she will still love me. I know it might sound extreme, but being married for this long has taken a toll on my health and I think it's time I think about myself and my life.

Has anyone else had this problem? It's been the most depressing 23 days of my life and I just want to feel myself again.

Replies

• DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Umm how about getting hot for the wife? Just a thought
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    If she wont get hot for me, why should I repay the favor? Dairy queen isn't open in the winter time here where I live, that should give her atleast 3-4 months to attempt.
  • jaxdiablo
    Options
    Mmmhmmm...
  • kaswain
    kaswain Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Umm how about getting hot for the wife? Just a thought

I so agree, plus I think getting a divorce because YOU let yourself go is ridiculous. It is not her fault you have no motivation to stay fit and healthy, it is your own conscious decisions. I'm sure she would like to see you get back in shape. If you are honestly thinking about getting divorced I think there are probably bigger problems in your marriage besides this that you are not disclosing and if that is the case do what is best for you.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a marriage counselor. Why are you blaming your wife for your weight gain? I think there are deeper issues here.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    don't feed the troll...
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I don't know. You've obviously been working at this a long time. If you haven't been able to get through it after 23 whole days I'd say *kitten*-can it and move on.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Seems reasonable.
  • Puggy33
    Options
    don't feed the troll...

shhh not so loud
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    23 whole days...I feel for you man! :tongue:
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I think you should do it, but do it quick so you can beat Kim K's record!
  • kaswain
    kaswain Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If she wont get hot for me, why should I repay the favor? Dairy queen isn't open in the winter time here where I live, that should give her atleast 3-4 months to attempt.

Wow, maybe you should evaluate your general attitute towards your wife in general. I hope for her sake that you would never say that dairy queen comment to her face and that you treat her better than you are portraying to the people on here. Perhaps you should get a divorce after all because if this is an example of your "love" for her I have a feeling she could do better imho.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    DOOOOO IITTTTTTTT
  • Puggy33
    Options
    I would suggest a marriage counselor. Why are you blaming your wife for your weight gain? I think there are deeper issues here.

I can't blame myself, i'm not the problem!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    don't feed the troll...

Looking at his profile pic, I think it's too late.....someone dun gave him a cupcake....actually, I don't know WTF that is...
  • Puggy33
    Options

Wow, maybe you should evaluate your general attitute towards your wife in general. I hope for her sake that you would never say that dairy queen comment to her face and that you treat her better than you are portraying to the people on here. Perhaps you should get a divorce after all because if this is an example of your "love" for her I have a feeling she could do better imho.

I do love her, and she loves me...she just loves the 1.99 Blizzard sale a little more I think.
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Both of you get hot for each other and become swingers. Cheaper that way- no divorce fees and cheaper grocery bills. Have fun in finding a way to grow up and face things responsibly
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    it's all her fault and you need to get out before she makes you even fatter.
  • Puggy33
    Options
    it's all her fault and you need to get out before she makes you even fatter.

I love you.
  • Adelegervais
    Adelegervais Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should divorce her for that reason sounds a little ridiculous to me, Maybe if you get hot for her that will give her the motivation to get hot for you!! If shes not willing to support your weight loss then there are issues you need to deal with but to blame her for your weight gain is crazy!! The only person that is to blame is your self!!
This discussion has been closed.