How can I lose FAST for special events

Options

Replies

• comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    LOVING THE ANSWERS BUT SERIOUSLY PEOPLE READ THE ENTIRE POST!

SHE JUST WANTS IT FOR THIS EVENT SO IF SHE ONLY LOSES WATER WEIGH SHE WILL BE HAPPY...

SHES NOT LOOKING FOR A FAST FIX! SHE POSTED THAT SHE STARTED 6 MONTHS AGO AND JUST WANTS THIS FOR TWO WEEKS AKA WATER WEIGHT

CUT SODIUM,SUGAR AND GET CARBS FROM VEGGIES AND FRUITS ONLY! LOTS OF WATER AND DOUBLE YOUR WORKOUT THAT YOU HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY DOING!

PLUS GOOD SPANX AND AWESOME MAKEUP, HIGHER HEELS DOES THE TRICK
  • comeback0903
    Options
    Extra exercise. (That cat in your profile pic is beautiful!!)

AGREED!

Wait... you AGREE to extra exercise or you AGREE that the cat is beautiful. :huh:

EXERCISE.. I'M MORE OF A DOG PERSON..LOL
  • comeback0903
    Options
    It amuses me when people NEED to lose 5-10lbs in a week or two. Unless your near 20% as a female and 15% as a male, this weight would hardly make a noticeable difference in your physique.

MY FIRST11 LBS MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN MY PHYSIQUE
  • hotforcollege
    hotforcollege Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ok well i do know a few ways but I DO NOT ENDORSE them and ull gain it back but here they are:

3 day fruit diet
    Breakfast: One piece of high carb fruit. (ex: Banana, large pear)
    Lunch: 1 piece of high fiber fruit. (ex: apple, plum, 1/2 cup of berries)
    Dinner: 1 piece of citrus fruit. (ex: orange, small grapefruit, tangerine)
    Repeat for 3 days. You can change up the fruits each day if you’d like!

5 Day Miracle Diet!
    Eat within 30 minutes of walking, unless exercising, stretch for 40 minutes
    Breakfast: Eat starch, such as wheat toast or egg whites.
    Snack: Eat a negative calorie food. Apple, celery, carrot. Which ever.
    Lunch: Eat before 1pm! Only protein and vegetables. NO CARBS
    Dinner: Eat before 8pm. Protein and veggies.
    Eat like this for 5 days. Results will show!

4 Day Detox Diet
    Every morning for 2 days do this
    When you first wake up drink warm water with lemon. It’s great for your metabolism, skin, and health!
    For breakfast: Eat some high fiber cereal! Switch up the cereals these 4 days. Remember to use skim milk in your cereal! Drink some green tea as a drink! It’s great for detoxes and diets!
    Snack in between breakfast and lunch! - During this 4 day detox diet, it is important to keep your metabolism going and not starve. Snack on a fiber rich fruit! Like an apple or a pear.
    For lunch: Raw veggies! You can use some low fat hummus if you would like as well.
    Snack: Eat a cup of fresh berries. You can pick which kind. Remember, it’s important you don’t starve and keep your metabolism up.
    Dinner: 2 cups of green vegetables. You can change em up! Like 1 cup of spinach and 1 cup of broccoli.
    Dessert: An apple. This cures that craving for something sweet and keeps your body going!
    Eat like this for 4 days. You can repeat 2 times. Don’t do it too often or your body will get used to it. People have said they lost 7 pounds on this diet the first 4 days alone!

the skinny girl diet:
    http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kybrv6Nwv01qamy4co1_500.png

ALL of the above are CRASH diets but if ur gonna do it anyway here they r
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options

SHE JUST WANTS IT FOR THIS EVENT SO IF SHE ONLY LOSES WATER WEIGH SHE WILL BE HAPPY...

SHES NOT LOOKING FOR A FAST FIX! SHE POSTED THAT SHE STARTED 6 MONTHS AGO AND JUST WANTS THIS FOR TWO WEEKS AKA WATER WEIGHT

CUT SODIUM,SUGAR AND GET CARBS FROM VEGGIES AND FRUITS ONLY! LOTS OF WATER AND DOUBLE YOUR WORKOUT THAT YOU HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY DOING!

Sup with the caps?
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    If you are 5'8 and 140lbs, why are you worried?

wow thats a dream to me im 5ft8 and 167lbs u got nothng to worry about
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It amuses me when people NEED to lose 5-10lbs in a week or two. Unless your near 20% as a female and 15% as a male, this weight would hardly make a noticeable difference in your physique.

You look incredible!

And- even if it's not a huge difference, it can make you feel so much better and confident. And that can be worth it some times.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Probably any stupid crash diet would do the trick. But really, you want to lose weight for an event this Saturday? Next Saturday is close enough but THIS Saturday? It's WEDNESDAY.
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    bump!
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    This is probably the worst advice I will ever give anyone and I'm not condoning it in any way whatsoever... so my friends cant bust my chops, but I was told by my cousin that his military recruiter told him that he could lose weight quickly by slathering his body in preparation h then wrapping himself and saran wrap and running... run until you think youre going to die, then run more.

Of course, I think running is a good idea if you're physically fit for it and won't be injuring yourself. So, I do like that part.... that's pretty much the only part that I think is worth a darn though.

If you choose to wrap yourself in the same thing you use to keep leftovers fresh, by all means, think about the reality of the situation first. Other than that.... knock yourself out!

Yeah, literally knock yourself out... with heat stroke!! wrapping yourself in plastic is asking for it!! :noway:

Not going to bash your question, because I understand where you're coming from. At this point, as others have mentioned, your best bet is to:
    -Limit sodium
    -Limit processed carbs
    -Increase cardio/strength
    -Increase water intake
    -Get 8 hours of sleep/night

Don't expect miracles, but you might lose come bloating and maybe tighten up slightly... also, I recommend sunless tanner (a decent one, not one that will make you orange!!) for an optical illusion. I always think I look more fit when I'm tan :bigsmile:

good luck!!
  • normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yeah, literally knock yourself out... with heat stroke!! wrapping yourself in plastic is asking for it!! :noway:

Not going to bash your question, because I understand where you're coming from. At this point, as others have mentioned, your best bet is to:
    -Limit sodium
    -Limit processed carbs
    -Increase cardio/strength
    -Increase water intake
    -Get 8 hours of sleep/night

Don't expect miracles, but you might lose come bloating and maybe tighten up slightly... also, I recommend sunless tanner (a decent one, not one that will make you orange!!) for an optical illusion. I always think I look more fit when I'm tan :bigsmile:

good luck!!

agreed! a little bronzer can go a long way!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    although this isn't *sanctioned* by the masses at MFP, this is something I did for 3+ weeks between April and May and in addition to losing weight (that I haven't since added back), I have felt a ton better. Its a natural cleanse with very simple guidelines....

weeks 1 and 2:

1. eat as many veggies as you want. eat them any way you want (other than fried). eat them raw, steamed, stir fry, grilled, even microwaved at times (the other ways are preferred though). eat veggies as often as you need to throughout the day. aim for at least 5 "meals". you might find this strange, but I had to force myself to eat 5x a day after the first handful of days as my body adjusted.

2. you can and should use some EVOO every day. use it as dressing on a salad (no other dressing is permitted) and use it in stir fry.

3. you can use some seasoning/sauce in your stir fry. I used reduced sodium soy sauce and kikkoman's stir fry sauce. my mentor used hoisin sauce and plum sauce instead of the stir fry sauce. I ate stir fry once or twice every day. YUM!

4. you may drink only water and you should drink lots of it. aim for at least 96 ounces a day.

5. you may eat sugar free jello. when I asked my mentor how much jello I could eat each day, his advice was "your body will be craving nutrients and jello has none, so don't waste too much tummy space on it." I chose to go hard core and skip the jello.

6. exercise during the cleanse....preferably some form of resistance training.

weeks 3 and 4:

7. do 1-6 above. add 8 ounces of grilled, skinless chicken breasts each day. eat chicken in salads, stir frys or stand alone. your choice.

when you are done with the cleanse, return to healthy eating and portion control (also known as calorie counting on MFP). I did this and did NOT gain any of the weight back that I lost. I have lost over 20 more pounds since the cleanse.

EDIT: if you drink a fair amount of caffeine now, you may have some caffeine withdrawals at the beginning of the cleanse (i.e., headaches). I would normally recommend weaning yourself off of caffeine before starting the cleanse (this is what I did)...but you have to get going soonly.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Looking at your 189 and 184, the difference is minute. While 11lbs can make a difference mostly in the areas of the face, you don't really see it as much in the body. I'm giving you an objective opinion of what I can see and from years of experience.
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options
    Are you talking about just a one time weight loss and NOT a fat loss method? If you're talking about shedding weight fast for a final weigh in you may consider the method a lot of wrestlers use. Dehydrate in the sauna........... but don't over do it. I can't stand the sauna for more than 5 minutes so this wouldn't work for me.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    It appears you are at your target healthy weight of 140:) I skimmed through your diary a bit and it seems you're fairly consistent with a healthy regime. So....I would strive to be the best you can for the next 2 weeks -
    hydrate hydrate hydrate
    watch your sodium
    sweaty work outs
    hit up a sauna if one is available to you (i always feel detoxed and skinny the next day lol)

and as other posters have suggested - have your makeup done professionally is an awesome idea. I do it!
    and also the well cut garment with spanx is a great idea too!

Feel good about yourself and your accomplishments. Confidence and a healthy lifestyle is way more beautiful then sickly skinny for a photo shoot!
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Do your friends look at you and say, "wow - you look like you've quickly lost weight" or do they whip out scales and have you stand on them to see if you took the time to screw up your health to impress them? Either way, I'm sure it's worth it.
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Meth and cocaine.

:laugh:
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I had two glasses of wine with my husband last weekend (for the first time in a VERY long time!), I didn't drink my water all day (just was too busy that day, very unusual for me) and I did an hour and 10 minute long run. I woke up the next morning 4 pounds down!!!

(It was bittersweet, I had a slight hangover, but I sure felt skinny:laugh: !!!)
  • comeback0903
    Options

Sup with the caps?

Work..sorry all data has to be input in Caps I forget sometimes ;s
  • comeback0903
    Options
    Looking at your 189 and 184, the difference is minute. While 11lbs can make a difference mostly in the areas of the face, you don't really see it as much in the body. I'm giving you an objective opinion of what I can see and from years of experience.

I think is made a difference in my stomack and legs... my clothes seem to think so also... I do have a long way to go but I'm not a body builder nor want or expect to be one.... I respect your opinion......