night time munchies anyone ??

Options
i get the munchies so bad on the night , that was when i used to snack the most !! i find now i am just drinking gallons of water , anything else that i can do to stop these?? iv been reading about hunger surpressing tablets but i really dont want to go down that route !!

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just save some calories so that you can eat at night?
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough throughout the day? that might be one thing to start paying attention to. Also, do you work out at night as opposed to in the morning? if this is the case, taht might be why your body needs to be fueled at night more so than in the morning
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't have any answers, but I sure can relate. I try and save calories, but that's not a complete solution. Avoiding boredom can help, being around others can help, carrots and popcorn have helped, sometimes. Good luck and I look forward to whatever ideas are out there.
  • sarahcowley1
    Options
    iv heard its bad for you to eat after a certain time at night as it all goes to your hips tummy ect :s
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    iv heard its bad for you to eat after a certain time at night as it all goes to your hips tummy ect :s

nope, not true
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I have this problem as well....try brushing your teeth...every thing tastes bad after you brush your teeth. Also you can whiten your teeth with those strips (can't eat while they are in your mouth). I also chew gum.
  • sarahcowley1
    Options
    gum sounds like a good idea :)
  • meeko_meerkat
    meeko_meerkat Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You can try snack foods with a really low calorie count when you really get the munchies. I like to eat a big bowl of diet jelly :) There's essentially no calories in that!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Big fat myth.
  • LadyNeshoba
    LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I chew gum.

After dinner is done I pop a few pieces in my mouth and I chew until it's time for bed (which is a few hours) Surprisingly I don't have a problem with munchies as long as I have gum. :)
  • Bigwrick
    Options
    That sounds like some good advice. You are so right, nothing tastes good immediately after brushing your teeth.
  • amysuemartin718
    amysuemartin718 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I add a snack at night to my diary
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    You can try snack foods with a really low calorie count when you really get the munchies. I like to eat a big bowl of diet jelly :) There's essentially no calories in that!

Like regular jelly...like peanut butter and jelly, jelly?
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I just make sure I have plenty of calories left to have my evening munch.
  • PenguinPrincess
    Options
    Jello! Sugar free jello has no carbs which is what they claim is the worst to eat at night, and it taste yummy!
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options

The time of day or night that you eat does not correlate with gaining or losing weight. Calories in -vs- calories out is what matters. You need to burn 3500 calories to lose 1 pound.
  • runnermel
    Options
    I have this problem as well....try brushing your teeth...every thing tastes bad after you brush your teeth. Also you can whiten your teeth with those strips (can't eat while they are in your mouth). I also chew gum.

these are great suggestions!!
  • sarahcowley1
    Options
    i find that if i start eating anything on a night time then that leads me to needing something else and so on so id rather be hungry and drink water i really need to loose my weight this time im so deadicated i dont want to end up like my dad who is dead now because of complete heart failier god rest his sole , i want to be able to run around with my kids and see them grow old and happy !!!
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options

Like regular jelly...like peanut butter and jelly, jelly?

Really??? Diet jelly????
  • Jenners4
    Jenners4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    yup that's me too ... I have switched to drinking a cup of decaf tea