Can good looks guarantee fidelity?

Options
quichebradford
quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
I heard a guy say today that he would never cheat on Beyonce....because of how she looks. I mean, he was adamant about it. I just stared at him in disbelief, as there is SO much more to a relationship than just looks....but that's just my opinion. I'm curious to know what other people think. Are good looks enough to keep a person faithful?

Replies

• Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    No.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Keep dreaming.:devil:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    If that was the case, Hollywood would have more faithful marriages.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    No disrespect intended to the OP, but this question is a waste of your thought.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

exactly! Affairs are usually the result of something emotionally being wrong in a relationship. Looks have nothing to do with it.
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    Maybe he's just not the cheating type, and wouldn't cheat in general.
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options

exactly! Affairs are usually the result of something emotionally being wrong in a relationship. Looks have nothing to do with it.

Not even that, affairs are most often a result of something emotionally wrong with the cheater.
  • Serialdieter
    Options
    If that was the case, Hollywood would have more faithful marriages.

This

Look at the likes of Halle Berry who is just beautiful but was cheated on. No matter how they look if they are not a nice person your not going to stay with them.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    Some people are just more inclined to cheat. Whether married to some sloth, or Helen of Troy.
    And it's very easy for some dude to say "I'd never cheat on Beyonce" because well... Beyonce isn't his. She's unattainable.
    The things men will say when a woman is unattainable versus their actions once/if they have that person can be quite different.

I hope that made sense.
  • quichebradford
    Options

None taken. It's a no brainer for me, and everyone else, so I thought. I've heard similar remarks (from other guys) made about a few other famous people, Halle Berry for instance. It just amazed me that some guys would feel that way.
  • quichebradford
    Options
    Some people are just more inclined to cheat. Whether married to some sloth, or Helen of Troy.
    And it's very easy for some dude to say "I'd never cheat on Beyonce" because well... Beyonce isn't his. She's unattainable.
    The things men will say when a woman is unattainable versus their actions once/if they have that person can be quite different.

I hope that made sense.

Exactly, this was the point I was trying to make to him!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    No. Case in point, Jesse James.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options

I hope that made sense.

Exactly, this was the point I was trying to make to him!
    How many times does a taken woman hear from an other man "oh, I'd treat you so much better" blah blah.

Do you think they would really stab their eye out to smell Jessica Albas fart? Probably not.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options

Yep.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    No
    No matter how "good looking" a person is, someone can become sick of their personality, attitude, etc. I learned the hard way.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

Kobe Bryant is another one
  • Iamfit4life
    Options

Both great examples. And the women they cheated on vs the women they cheated with.

Not even a comparison.

Kobe Bryant is another one
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Plenty of men have cheated on the hottest women, with ugly women. It has nothing to do with looks, it's all the person who is cheating. Look at Sandra Bullock (her husband cheated on her with some tattooed chick), Christy Brinkley, Tiger Wood's wife (she is GORGEOUS beyond belief), Jennifer Aniston, Siena Miller, Maria Shriver (the lady who fathered his son is not conventially attractive) Reese Witherspoon (the girl her husband cheated on her with is just average looking in my opinion), Halle Berry, Sophia Bush....

The list goes on!

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/relationship-advice/why-guys-cheat-hot-women?click=cos_new
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options

This! Affairs happen for all sorts of reasons and looks are most likely on the bottom of the list.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Marriage doesn't even guarantee fidelity, why would someone's looks (which will wither)?