mild laxative before weigh in

Options
1235»

Replies

• tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me of Sheldon on Big Bang Theory, when he was interviewing Leonard for the apartment and asked him what time he evacuates his bowels. :laugh:
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Laughted out loud when I read this forum...

BUT have to say.................. My goodness................... You are supposed to go after every meal.............. At least twice a day......... Or your body is not working properly................

Sort out your bowels................ xx
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I would probably pass on this. Poop doesn't weigh as much as you think.

I wouldnt be so sure. I once thought I gained 6 pounds over break, but it turns out I was just full of *kitten*
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me of Sheldon on Big Bang Theory, when he was interviewing Leonard for the apartment and asked him what time he evacuates his bowels. :laugh:

my hubbin seems to like doing it in the AM when I need to do my hair in the bathroom :(

I need a vanity in my room.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • Roseanne64
    Options
    Don't do the laxative. Be sure you are drinking lots and lots of water. Maybe just deduct half a pound if you know you haven't "gone". Try Phillips Colon Health Probiotics.
  • Leviram
    Options
    OKAY TMI TIME!!!!

Anyways I had went out and purchased a new ultra fancy scale. It does weight down to .01 instead of your normal .2. Thus when I first got it I stepped on before an after taking #1, #2, taking a couple drinks and etc...

Poop does not weight much. The most I've ever lost from some MASSIVE logs was .12 pounds. It's not worth a laxative. It's not going to make enough of a difference on the scale.

So there you have it!! You know about the weight of poop and now how massive some of my poop logs are!

Thanks for the chuckle!
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Laughted out loud when I read this forum...

BUT have to say.................. My goodness................... You are supposed to go after every meal.............. At least twice a day......... Or your body is not working properly................

Sort out your bowels................ xx
    [/qu

This!! most days!!!
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    One, don't do it. Period. Taking laxatives to have a better weigh in becomes addicting, and I don't know of anyone who has tried this and hasn't become addicted to doing it including myself. Two, (TMI TIME) when I was doing this, it took me FOREVER to get my body back to having regular BMs on its own when I quit. Your body gets used to the laxative doing the work for it, and therefore stops going through BMs on its own. Then you have to deal with being backed up and miserable for a long time cause your body has to learn to go on its own again, and that sucks. Not only that, abuse of laxatives can cause you to lose complete control of your bowls, and you will start ****ting yourself. This is usually in people with ED's who take them on a regular basis for years, but it is still a scary thought. And finally, if anyone thinks taking a **** once a week is normal, I feel sorry for you. You are supposed to go 1-2 times PER DAY. Try putting a little benefiber in some OJ or yogurt twice a day to stay regular. Yes, I am a poo nazi and make sure I take my healthy 1-2 poos a day by eating the right foods and drinking plenty of water.