• doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Underwear and socks from a thrift store - *BARF*

What the??? Seriously??? Thats almost hateful.............. lol
  • mamafrahm
    mamafrahm Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    When I was about 18 my Aunt gave me a handmade jean jacket vest with red hankerchiefs sewed on the pockets..... and my Grandma used to always give me a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter and raspberry jam... wtf?!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    my dad and my evil (now ex) stepmother thought it would be a good idea to buy me clothes. I never wore them - they were horrid. I told them I donated them to goodwill. They never bought me clothes again.
  • kimletton11
    kimletton11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My aunt gave me a book about math with sample problems when I was 17...that year I also got a little card that said I had made a donation to some llama farm in South America...WTH?!?! She has since started asking what we NEED and gets us stuff that we pick out...thank God!
  • k_stump_13
    k_stump_13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My sister and I both received matching completed scrapbooks from our aunt. When we opened them up, it only pictures it had were pictures of my mom and dad. My dad had just passed less than TWO weeks before that and at the very end of the scrapbook, there was a photo of him in his hospital bed the day before he passed. Definitely the worst gift we have ever received!
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Those horrible floral dresses with the starched, itchy mesh lining under them to make them fuller. Thanks gramma. lol
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    My grandmother is French and would send us random cheap stuff after a visit, I can't tell you how many plastic key rings I have that say Paris.

My boyfriend always talks about how he would get plates and kitchen stuff right out of thier drawers from his grandparents when he was a kid. Very strange.
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    When I was about 7 I got a piece of coal in my stocking, which sucked. Then I opened my present and it was a box FULL of coal. Apparently I was a bad kid that year :devil:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I always get a gift I can't use from my youngest.

Last year it was a Cowbell and Drumsticks because she knows I like the SNL skit.

The year before that she got me "Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots" because my Mom once told her that I sent a letter to Santa saying I wanted them when I was little.

So...they are very sentimental, but impractical. No one wants to play Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots with me and I can't hear my Blue Oyster Cult CD over the cowbell when I play it.

I ask for Bourbon and cigars each year, but they think that's not Christmassy enough.
  • hazelbliss6
    hazelbliss6 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    A 'secret finder' book for mario brothers (The old 80's nintendo game). Given to me by my 6 year old little brother who was obsesed about the game. He was so 'disappointed' when I decided to let him have it. Well played little bro...
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    The one year my husband actually made me cry. He bought me a wooden jewelry box with a horse on it. It looked like something that you would give your 12yo daughter. I thought, WTF?!! Oh and he bought me pens that year too. *shaking head* It's the thought that counts, right? hehe
  • Willowalker
    Options
    A got cookie sheets ( I didn't bake) and a fire extinguisher from an old boyfriend I now fondly refer to as "the thin-lipped balding b@sterd." Who says romance is dead?
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    My mom is the worst gift buyer after you turn about 12. One year when I was traveling a lot for work she bought me this rolling fold up teachers bag with a scene of a panda eating bamboo stitched to the front of it to take on my trips because "it had wheels and would be much easier to use than my laptop bag".
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    When I was about 18 my Aunt gave me a handmade jean jacket vest with red hankerchiefs sewed on the pockets..... and my Grandma used to always give me a loaf of bread, a jar of peanut butter and raspberry jam... wtf?!

it's practical. :laugh:
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    A thick gold necklace with a matching bracelet that was so cheap it may have been made of recycled foil. Not even gold plated. Looked like costume jewelry. I was probably purchased Christmas Eve for $3. To make it a "fun" gift it was put inside of a large Hershey bar. What made it worse is the nice gift this person was given from me. Worst ever. I hate to even remember it.

Worst gift my husband was ever given since I met him was a broken German coo-coo clock which HE found as a teen at a garage sale. Basically, we were leaving her house after "celebrating" his birthday the day before (she told him she was going to cook his favorite, BBQ, but fixed a turkey dinner instead.) she said, "I WAS going to fix it for you but..." Whatever. Basically, as we were leaving she leads us to the garage for his birthday gift which was in a storage box with dust on it.
  • Leviram
    Options
    My husbands cousin gave me a HUGE bottle of Olive oil hand soap!? I opened it and was looking like wth am I suppose to do with this. It's still intact under my sink.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Worst gift I got: dishes
    Worst gift I gave: I had my husband served divorce papers at work on Christmas Eve. Yes, I can be a cold bi#ch.
  • HungryMom
    Options
    Paper cups from my MIL
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    When we had been dating six months, hubby got me some asian-inspired top and wanted me to wear it on roller coasters. It had no back. It was like wearing a hankerchief that fastened around the neck halter-style, and, I think, just a string around the back. While I wasn't as heavy as I have been recently, I wasn't a light-weight either. And even worse, he bought the same thing in a different color for his (mine now, too) SIL.

Yeah, way to put some thought in it.
  • 1prettysmile
    Options
    Some of your answers are hilarious!

Reasons I no longer play "Secret Santa:"

*Texas-size, Texas-shaped, hand-painted serving platter

*Ceramic village (tealight candle holders) with glitter on the rooftops as snow

Huge Santa's sleigh cookie jar

Worst of all... a used, chewed up pencil in 1st grade. I had to pick last because my last name started with "W." :-(