What's the worst thing you've done to your cell phone?

Options
AZTrailRunner
AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
I've seen them dropped in port-a-potties, and thrown out of car windows. But for me, the most painful cell phone moment was accidentally dropping a $450 smart phone (paid full price) into a large glass of water. Talk about seeing things unfold in slow-motion! lol

YOU?

Replies

• AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    That's easy-toilet in a bar-fell out of my pocket as I was pulling up my pants and I had to reach in to get it out. Still shudder when I think of that what. At least it was a cheap and old phone-AND it survived. I took the batter out and dried the think out and it came back to life. I really wanted to soak it in lysol though. Could you salvage yours? That's rough!

Nope. It was on, and fried almost instantly. It was around 5-6 years ago, and smart phones were less popular.
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    once dropped a pager in a port-a-john and dropped my phone in the pool
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    The worst thing I did to a cell phone was getting the service through AT&T. LoL
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    dropped it in toilet at gym

blamed it on the kids

:D
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I dropped my charger cord (end that goes into phone) to my new smart phone into chip dip. I thought I cleaned it well but I did not. It gave my smart phone "water damage" and the plug in to the cord corroded.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Not a phone, but my pager a few years ago. Self serve car wash. Jumped off my belt clip, bounced under the car and into the catch basin. Had to move my car, pry open the grate, and fish for it. I had to find it because it was from work. I did, and it worked after I dried it out.

Haven't washed my car since.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Dropped it a parking lot, then ran it over.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My co-workers was run over by a CAT 980G loader! Thank goodness it was in the sand, it survived! A little bit gritty though!
    The first day I got my new work phone I dropped it on the sidewalk & scratched the display. Oops... Nothing groddy though, like dropping it in a toilet. Ew.
  • kphillips83
    kphillips83 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The worst thing I did to a cell phone was getting the service through AT&T. LoL

haha love that
  • FitnessElle
    Options
    I've dropped my phone in the toilet and in the bathtub, left it in the freezer overnight, ran it through the wash, dropped it from the second floor, and ran over it. Twice. :blushing:

I may or may not be just a wee bit scatter brained. :wink:
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I was talking to my wife late at night just got home from a night out, she was visiting her parents out of town, I was taking a leak and talking on the phone as it was nuzzled between my neck and shoulder and I moved my head forgetting it was there and fell right in a toilet filled with pee. I also opened up a car window while driving down Rt 41 in Ft Myers not realizing it was between the window and the ledge and it fell right out going about 60 miles per hour.
  • HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My smart phone key board kept sticking, I got ticked off and threw it against the wall....I no longer invest a ton of money in phones lol
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I put my husband's cell phone through the wash. In my defense, the baby threw up all over my husband's jeans and I was NOT about to check the pockets for unwashable objects.
  • Brittney24
    Options
    Not one of my finest nights drinking I ended up throwing up EVERYWHERE all over the bar bathroom. Including on my phone. I lysoled it like crazy and it still didn't smell clean for a week after. Ugh death, never again have i gotten that drunk.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I was driving home in the dark, listening to my voicemail, when I was done I went to drop my android phone into the cupholder...I forgot there was a cup of water with no lid in there! I heard the "splooosh" in the darkness and immediately snatched it out of there. Thankfully putting it in the bag of rice overnight saved it! Yay!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Dropped a cheap-ey in a full tub of soapy water when giving the kiddies a bath about 5 years ago. I didn't even dry it out and it still worked.

Sat on it.
    Thrown it.
    Let kids slobber all over it.
    Dropped it off my elliptical a few times.
    Kept it too close to the stove while cooking.
    Nearly baked it.
    Rigged it with a piece of a hair tie so the menu button would work.
    Talked on it for 7 hours nearly straight.

LAST WEEK I dropped my beloved G1 in a little water, then immediately poured water on it as I swatted it out of said water... It died in my hands the next minute.
    I now have a nice replacement, with a wrist strap.
  • Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My phone fell out of my pocket during a roller coaster ride. The amusement park employees managed to find it and it still worked :)
  • krissagirl0709
    krissagirl0709 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I actually havent ever broke any of my phones or anything all the years ive had them...but i have horrible luck with my cell phones actually lasting now probably because I overuse them but they look like they would would until you try turning them on or charging them
  • Sheriemae
    Options
    While trying to get into the car a bunch of stuff fell out of my bag. I Thought I got everything until I backed out of the driveway and heard a CRUNCH. Yep, ran it over. Crazy thing is, it still worked. I could still make calls if I knew the number. Wasn't a smart phone. I'm sure my smart phone now wouldn't take that kind of punishment.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    My phone fell out of my pocket during a roller coaster ride. The amusement park employees managed to find it and it still worked :)
    You have a pretty durable phone. What is it? An iPhone?