Losing the last 15-20 lbs?

Options
I'm thinking about starting a group for ppl that only have 15-20 lbs to lose (whether that is their goal or the last bit of a long weight loss journey). it would be to lose at least 10 lbs this month....would anyone be interested? suggestions/comments welcome :wink:

Replies

• daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I would be interested!! I actually have closer to 25 more pounds I want to lose!!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I'm on 15 lbs to go. It's tough. But I've moved more away from the scale and now more towards the gym in the hope of shedding body fat and keeping my weight about the same.
  • jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I will add you as a friend so I'm kept updated! I have lost 30lbs in total since January this year. I currently weigh 160lbs and want to reach 154lbs by the end of the year, and hopefully another 7lbs after that (however long that may take) so any help and support would be greatly appreciated!!
  • Manda_H
    Options
    I have about 20 lbs to go too...
  • Addicted2Fitness
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm interested as long as you know my pace is slow. I am aiming to loose my last 20 by April 2012. I am sort of like the tortoise's grandmother in this race.
  • tracyg86
    tracyg86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey I would like to give it a go and actually stick at it. Would love to lose at least 6 pounds this month.
  • stripedsocks
    Options
    I'm in too, I need every challenge I can get to keep me on track at the moment!
  • wreath7
    wreath7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    yes, this sounds great! 15 pounds
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    im at 14 to go im trying hard to not rush myself because i would hate to get discouraged this late into it. im so close and i hate it sometimes plus i hate the fact that im this close and its this time of the year so it makes it that much harder.
  • mommy2jkserjlja
    Options
    I have 10 more lbs I'd like to lose. Count me in.:smile:
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Glad to see all the awesome feedback :happy:
    No matter how much you still have to lose, the last bit is always hard! I believe this can be a great thing for everyone that has shown intrest. I don't have a seperate site/blog so this can be the communication site (unless any other suggestions come up?).
    How about we get started by introducing ourselves and our weight goals?
    I'm Hillary. I started my most recent journey at 140 lbs. My first goal was to get to 130 (reached in Sept.) but after that life got crazy busy. I go to school Mon/Wed from 8-5, clinicals at a hospital Tues/Thurs 7-4 and work as a waitress on nights and weekends. Eating right while always on the go has been a big challenge but it's been even harder to find time to workout. I'm getting back to it and not weighing myself until I feel like I'll be back at 130 (since I feel as though I have gained weight in my 3 wks of craziness :frown: ) My UGW used to be at 120 but I recently saw a picture of myself at 115 and was in awe...this changed my goal to 115 :wink: My biggest non-scale goal is to run 5 miles w/o stoping.
    Hope to hear from everybody with success and not so successful stories :smile: I believe we can all help each other in achieving our goals, no matter what they may be. Good luck to you all and I'll talk to you soon!
  • hsh0927
    Options
    Also, who has can come up w/ a good name for the group? I'm not very creative so any ideas welcome :smile:
  • jesstiger81
    jesstiger81 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I need another group to join. I had a challenge but it just ended and I am finding myself scouring the boards for a group to belong to. I actually have anywhere from 20-25 to lose, but I am all about accomplishing a lot in a small amount of time. I am getting married in 45 days! I lost about 20lbs last year and have lost almost 5 more... I definitely hit a plateau for a while but seem to have gotten things figured out since I joined MFP. My bridal portraits are in 17 days and I would love to have dropped a couple by then. My dress is just a bit snug at the top in the back so I need to handle that. :-)

I have started walking daily, because I got lazy with my activity for a while. My progress is slow, about 1lb/week, but I have been happy with that because at least it's been relatively consistent, with the exception of some splurges that I know were my doing. I would love to bump that up to 1.5-2lbs per week. I just need tips and buddies!

So... I'm all in!
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    well i have two boys ages 2 and 3 . After having my 2 year old i just gave up . My weight has been a constant battle since before kids. After my 2nd though i was 232 pounds. Since April i have lost 73 pounds. I started when my life became a huge ball of stress due to family issues and i lost 20 pounds because of it . When i realized i lost weight and i started to come out of my fog i thought hm- mm this is kind nice not really fitting into my size 20 pants. So i joined weight watchers but i had done it before and it just wasn't for me anymore . A coworker suggested this site to me and i am hooked and i love this site. I have been here since June and i tell everyone i know to join . My goal is to reach 145 . I have 14 pounds to go and i would like to reach it by Dec 31 but i don't want to pressure myself to much because it gets harder to lose toward the end and easy to give up. So that is where im at now but i would love to join a group fo some motivation for these last pounds.
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    This would be great for me! I have 20 pounds to lose to reach my goal of 150, and my body is losing those pounds SLOWLY. I'd really like to lose 3-4 pounds this month and be down to 160 by New Years! Thats gonna take a lot of self control over the holidays, so it would be great to have motivation from people in the same boat!
  • hsh0927
    Options
    I need another group to join. I had a challenge but it just ended and I am finding myself scouring the boards for a group to belong to. I actually have anywhere from 20-25 to lose, but I am all about accomplishing a lot in a small amount of time. I am getting married in 45 days! I lost about 20lbs last year and have lost almost 5 more... I definitely hit a plateau for a while but seem to have gotten things figured out since I joined MFP. My bridal portraits are in 17 days and I would love to have dropped a couple by then. My dress is just a bit snug at the top in the back so I need to handle that. :-)

I have started walking daily, because I got lazy with my activity for a while. My progress is slow, about 1lb/week, but I have been happy with that because at least it's been relatively consistent, with the exception of some splurges that I know were my doing. I would love to bump that up to 1.5-2lbs per week. I just need tips and buddies!

So... I'm all in!

Congrats on getting married! 20-25 can seem like a lot but you defintely accomplish it (= Also, losing a pound a week is actually really healthy...at least healthier than losing 2 or more a wk (unless you've talked to a dr. about it..)
    I look forward to hearing about your success :smile:
  • hsh0927
    Options
    well i have two boys ages 2 and 3 . After having my 2 year old i just gave up . My weight has been a constant battle since before kids. After my 2nd though i was 232 pounds. Since April i have lost 73 pounds. I started when my life became a huge ball of stress due to family issues and i lost 20 pounds because of it . When i realized i lost weight and i started to come out of my fog i thought hm- mm this is kind nice not really fitting into my size 20 pants. So i joined weight watchers but i had done it before and it just wasn't for me anymore . A coworker suggested this site to me and i am hooked and i love this site. I have been here since June and i tell everyone i know to join . My goal is to reach 145 . I have 14 pounds to go and i would like to reach it by Dec 31 but i don't want to pressure myself to much because it gets harder to lose toward the end and easy to give up. So that is where im at now but i would love to join a group fo some motivation for these last pounds.

Wow! That's so inspirational! You've clearly worked very hard to get were you are and I know if you can lose 73, you can defintely get that last 14 off!
  • hsh0927
    Options
    This would be great for me! I have 20 pounds to lose to reach my goal of 150, and my body is losing those pounds SLOWLY. I'd really like to lose 3-4 pounds this month and be down to 160 by New Years! Thats gonna take a lot of self control over the holidays, so it would be great to have motivation from people in the same boat!

I feel the same way about the holidays! It takes a lot of self control but we can all do it. I plan on looking a website that gives healthier eating options during the holiday season sometime in the near future.
  • tracyg86
    tracyg86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im at 159 pounds right now and I want to get down to 133. Ill be happy just to lose another 14 pounds but 133 would be my UGW. I lost a lot of weight after having my two children but I am still not where I really want to be.