Misheard lyrics

Options

Replies

• vichick20
    vichick20 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Don't ask me why I heard this, but everyone I have told now hears it too when they listen to "T.I. feat Rihanna - Live Your Life"

ACTUAL LYRICS:
    Just live your life (Oh!), ay ay ay.
    Cause I’m a paper chaser.

WHAT I HEAR:
    Just live your life (Oh!), ay ay ay.
    Cause I'm a big F*ckin sl*Ut
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    AC/DC - dirty deeds done dirt cheap

I always thought it said dirty deeds and the thunder chief
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options

I always thought it said dirty deeds and the thunder chief

haha! I thought it said "tongue and cheek" haha no way makes sense but is what it sounds like to me:laugh:
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I.D.S by JYJ

They're saying, "I want you in my plans", but I always hear "I want you in my pants" o.O
  • peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options
    In Katy Perry's Peacock she says "It's time for you to show it off". I thought she was saying "It's time for you to shoot it off". Whole different song the way I hear it.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Van Halen - Panama

Yeah, we're runnin' a little bit hot tonight
    I can barely see the road from the heat comin' off
    know what I'm sayin'
    uhh, I reach down between my legs n' ease the seat back

At then end I thought he says "reach down between my legs and ease the seed back"
    Like that was lingo for *kitten* *kitten* *kitten*.....
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    "Blinded by the liiiight! Wrapped up like a douche....." WTF?

I hear the same thing!!!

Line from Thriller: "you're out of time."
    My daughter sings "you're out of chives."
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and best friend still laugh today at me because of this one.

The song: "Carryout" by Justin Timberlake and Timbaland

Actual Lyrics; "You look good baby, must taste heavenly. Pretty sure you got your own recipe"
    I thought: "You look good baby, busts taste appley. Pretty sure you got your own recipe"

I thought he was saying she made her own apple lotion or something!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I used to think the song lyrics "Everytime you go away take a piece of me with you " were "Everytime you go away take a piece of meat with you" of course I was like 8.

My friend thought the lyrics " There's a bad moon on the rise" was "There's a bathroom on the right" haha I like that one
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I used to think the song lyrics "Everytime you go away take a piece of me with you " were "Everytime you go away take a piece of meat with you" of course I was like 8.

My friend thought the lyrics " There's a bad moon on the rise" was "There's a bathroom on the right" haha I like that one

LOL!! I was just going to post the CCR lyrics you mentioned. That's always been one of my favorites. :bigsmile:
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    OP thanks for posting this thread, I am laughing so hard reading these!!!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options

LOL!! I was just going to post the CCR lyrics you mentioned. That's always been one of my favorites. :bigsmile:

my dad, who loves CCR, sings "bathroom on the right" just to be funny. I knew a guy years ago who seriously thought Guns n Roses "Paradise City" was "Prairie Dog City" and I thought he was kidding and I laughed and he got mad cuz he thought I was making fun of him!
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    My ex thought In a Godda Da vida was In the Garden of Eden. Took me days to convince him otherwise haha
  • shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The Beatles "Paperback Writer" I always misheard as "Take the back right turn" to the point where my dad refers to the song as "Take the Back Right Turn"

Also, how has no one mentioned Jimi Hendrix's Purple Haze " Scuze me while I kiss the sky" being misheard as "Scuze me while I kiss this guy?" That's a classic!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I had a friend in college who misheard the lyrics to the Bob Marley song Don't Rock The Boat

Real lyric:
    Don't rock my boat
    'cause I don't want my boat to be rockin anyhow

What he heard:
    Don't rock my balls
    'cause I don't want my balls to be rockin' anyhow.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Ian Longo, Jay Wainwright & Craig Smart sing a song called "One Life Stand"...and thats what the chorus is, but it basically sounds like 'all i ever wanted was a one night stand'...even if you listen really close, people swear its 'one night stand'.

I used to sing that to my ex to be funny. She didn't think it was...
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    "With a purple Operator" (purple umbrella - Livin' Lovin' Maid - Led Zeppelin)

In High School, that song "push it" was popular and my friend's dad thought they were saying "horse ****"
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Also, how has no one mentioned Jimi Hendrix's Purple Haze " Scuze me while I kiss the sky" being misheard as "Scuze me while I kiss this guy?" That's a classic!

That's the title of a book acount misheard song lyrics. I have it somewhere at home, and its hilarious!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    When I was little, the movie Grease was released. Not sure why my mother allowed me to even sing these lyrics.

Correct Lyrics:
    Greased Lightnin', go Greased Lightnin'
    You are supreme
    The chicks'll cream
    For Greased Lightnin'
    Go go go go go go go go

What I heard:
    "The chicks agree"
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options