Calories Eaten vs. Calories Earned Through Exercise

Options

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

And you calling me a victim it is noway what I am trying to do. I thought I was helping. I apparently didn't. i've repeated apologized for being wrong, but i'm also not going to sit here and be treated like i am some kind of idiot when I'm learning as I go. So before you decide to judge why don't you just back off and go back to your own little word.

You don't seem to get it. No one wants...or wanted...an apology from you. What they wanted was for you to simply not react as if someone slapped you in the face. Nor did anyone treat you like an idiot, but it does say something about your own insecurities that you assumed that they did.

Well when being like the rest of them no you wouldn't see it. And yeah I do have insecurities, forgive me. But yes the way people did react and me being new to all of this it was like i was slapped in the face. So excuse me for feeling that way when I thought I was trying so hard to find out I'm just wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. Forgive me. But i'm done with this conversation. I will no longer put in my two cents of my journey. You all win go about your business. But i'm glad others learned from my huge mistake of ever saying anything. never again will I do it. I will keep to myself and stick to what my body tells me. Thank you all for making me see the world really is still just a mean mean place even when you are trying to do something good for yourself.

Just to verify that would be you *not* playing the victim, yes?

You are just a troll pretending to be something else. She did not start this conversation with you, but you have taken it upon yourself to end it apparently. You are picking the bones of the carcass like a scavenger.

That may be a semi-accurate interpretation. It's probably a little troll-like. I won't call it a defense, but my motivations are most likely centered around being offended by her lack of perspective. Take that as you like.
  • MikeSEA
    Options

It probably didn't take a lot of thought. Who would want to do that?

Yay another meaningless quip that doesn't actually address what I asked. Goodie.

Sorry, how is "I didn't think so" a question?

The only question you asked was did I want to do something to which I replied "no". Any other response would have been a lie.

Given responses you've written in the past, I'm afraid I don't wholly believe you. Essentially, I asked if you wanted to go 12 rounds and bother to back up your implication (that people were being rude to that point). You declined, which is fair enough. But having read your responses in the past, I interpreted it as just a passive aggressive capitulation. So I baited you a little, which you gave back, and here we are.
  • leahbea22
    leahbea22 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

And you calling me a victim it is noway what I am trying to do. I thought I was helping. I apparently didn't. i've repeated apologized for being wrong, but i'm also not going to sit here and be treated like i am some kind of idiot when I'm learning as I go. So before you decide to judge why don't you just back off and go back to your own little word.

You don't seem to get it. No one wants...or wanted...an apology from you. What they wanted was for you to simply not react as if someone slapped you in the face. Nor did anyone treat you like an idiot, but it does say something about your own insecurities that you assumed that they did.

Well when being like the rest of them no you wouldn't see it. And yeah I do have insecurities, forgive me. But yes the way people did react and me being new to all of this it was like i was slapped in the face. So excuse me for feeling that way when I thought I was trying so hard to find out I'm just wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. Forgive me. But i'm done with this conversation. I will no longer put in my two cents of my journey. You all win go about your business. But i'm glad others learned from my huge mistake of ever saying anything. never again will I do it. I will keep to myself and stick to what my body tells me. Thank you all for making me see the world really is still just a mean mean place even when you are trying to do something good for yourself.

Just to verify that would be you *not* playing the victim, yes?

You are just a troll pretending to be something else. She did not start this conversation with you, but you have taken it upon yourself to end it apparently. You are picking the bones of the carcass like a scavenger.

That may be a semi-accurate interpretation. It's probably a little troll-like. I won't call it a defense, but my motivations are most likely centered around being offended by her lack of perspective. Take that as you like.
    Lack of perspective. I was trying to gain it! And I get those responses. That is where you don't understand. Just end it. You are smarter than me I have no problem accepting that, because no matter what I say you will just come back with something more victorious. I'm not an idiot, what i've been doing has been working, but more insite to how this site worked would of just been help and i would of gladly accepted it. Not being shut down by people who do not want to explain how the site works. What have you helped with? All you have done is commented on a conversation you came late too and we are supposed to accept you are just right. Well sir, I give you. You are right. And I apologize I offended you in anyway
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    You need to just ignore some people on these boards. I don't know why some people get pleasure from posting responses in a sarcastic manner meant to make others feel small, but there is no shortage of them on these boards.

Except for the part where THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Yay another meaningless quip that doesn't actually address what I asked. Goodie.

The only question you asked was did I want to do something to which I replied "no". Any other response would have been a lie.

Given responses you've written in the past, I'm afraid I don't wholly believe you. Essentially, I asked if you wanted to go 12 rounds and bother to back up your implication (that people were being rude to that point). You declined, which is fair enough. But having read your responses in the past, I interpreted it as just a passive aggressive capitulation. So I baited you a little, which you gave back, and here we are.

The responses were rude, and it seems obvious that was their intent. If it were not, the response to being called rude would likely have been more along the lines of "Oh sorry, I didn't mean to come off rude...", not further sarcasm and rudeness.

edited to remove question as I'm headed home so no more time to play now.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Are you enjoying yourself? I bet you are a psych major. Not that I have anything against the field personally, but I find those who feel the need to express their own self-importance use the practices to belittle others. Belittling others is a bully tactic to make one feel better about themselves.
  • maidentl
    Options
    You called her a meaningless quip. Whatever that means but you are smarter than the rest of us.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MikeSEA
    Options

Lack of perspective. I was trying to gain it! And I get those responses. That is where you don't understand. Just end it. You are smarter than me I have no problem accepting that, because no matter what I say you will just come back with something more victorious. I'm not an idiot, what i've been doing has been working, but more insite to how this site worked would of just been help and i would of gladly accepted it. Not being shut down by people who do not want to explain how the site works. What have you helped with? All you have done is commented on a conversation you came late too and we are supposed to accept you are just right. Well sir, I give you. You are right. And I apologize I offended you in anyway

I appreciate your apology, but I don't think you get it, still. I apologize if I've genuinely caused you stress. There's no way to determine whether or not I'm smarter than you. I don't think you're an idiot, but neither of those are the point. People corrected you, nothing more.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    You called her a meaningless quip. Whatever that means but you are smarter than the rest of us.

Wow! This is exactly what she has been talking about. That is rude! Seriously, you are supposed to be using this site to affect lifestyle changes that make you feel better about yourself. You are not supposed to use the site to find people to belittle so that you can feel better about yourself. That is sooooo the opposite of support and would totally turn people off about the site whether it is helpful or not!
  • MikeSEA
    Options

Are you enjoying yourself? I bet you are a psych major. Not that I have anything against the field personally, but I find those who feel the need to express their own self-importance use the practices to belittle others. Belittling others is a bully tactic to make one feel better about themselves.

No, not a pysch major. :) And I don't know that I would call it enjoyment. The shortest response I can give, in an effort to restrain my apparently overwhelming need to express my own self-importance, is to say that I disagree with your interpretation.
  • Slinkybaz
    Slinkybaz Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Ah, someone's been reading a dictionary........and has a very tall horse. 

But it appears the point of this thread has long ago disappeared and so I shall too.
  • maidentl
    Options

Wow! This is exactly what she has been talking about. That is rude! Seriously, you are supposed to be using this site to affect lifestyle changes that make you feel better about yourself. You are not supposed to use the site to find people to belittle so that you can feel better about yourself. That is sooooo the opposite of support and would totally turn people off about the site whether it is helpful or not!

Look. No one was rude to her until she started completely flipping out. I don't go around laughing at people for sport but once you (general you) start spazzing out over something that didn't even happen, yeah, I'm going to laugh at you when you make an *kitten* of yourself.
  • leahbea22
    Options

I appreciate your apology, but I don't think you get it, still. I apologize if I've genuinely caused you stress. There's no way to determine whether or not I'm smarter than you. I don't think you're an idiot, but neither of those are the point. People corrected you, nothing more.

Yes I do get it. I asked a question to understand it I got responses and then you started in. it was supposed to be over. Well your words could debate other wise. Not at first they didn't correct me, that is my whole point. It took me having to explain what I meant for people to get it. Thats the point.
  • maidentl
    Options

Yes I do get it. I asked a question to understand it I got responses and then you started in. it was supposed to be over. Well your words could debate other wise. Not at first they didn't correct me, that is my whole point. It took me having to explain what I meant for people to get it. Thats the point.

I thought you were going to quit posting about two pages back. Everyone else is getting bored, me too. Argue with yourself.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

I thought you were going to quit posting about two pages back. Everyone else is getting bored, me too. Argue with yourself.

If you are bored, then go away!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Look. No one was rude to her until she started completely flipping out. I don't go around laughing at people for sport but once you (general you) start spazzing out over something that didn't even happen, yeah, I'm going to laugh at you when you make an *kitten* of yourself.

Obviously she perceived nastiness! And personally I can see why!
  • MikeSEA
    Options

Have a good day then. We're both arguing from a different premise. At that point it's really just a dance...and I have a few meetings to get to.
  • leahbea22
    Options

I wasn't spazzing out. Thank you. i don't spaz. I was stating how people had attitude. You ma'am are a mean mean person. I never one cursed at you or called you names, nor anyone else. Im not making myself look like an *kitten*. I am stating that this world is cruel and even though you are on a supportive website you still get NO support. You are adding to the drama.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    tCp90.gif

So much sensitivity here.
  • tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    Options
    The main thing I love about MFP versus Sparkpeople, which is the other site I frequent, is that your calories ARE adjusted according to level of exercise. I can take a day off from working out and just eat less that day. Or, even better, I can overinduldge in something and know that if I work out good that day, I will make up for it!

I agree, with MFP you have a way of accounting for your calories and a means to work them off if needed.