Calories Eaten vs. Calories Earned Through Exercise

Options
12346»

Replies

• agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Yes I do get it. I asked a question to understand it I got responses and then you started in. it was supposed to be over. Well your words could debate other wise. Not at first they didn't correct me, that is my whole point. It took me having to explain what I meant for people to get it. Thats the point.

Okay, for the very last time - you didn't ask a question to understand it. You told someone that using the site in the way it was intended was actually "overeating." And that's actually pretty demoralizing for someone trying to lose weight and using the site correctly by eating back their exercise calories. They earned those calories! You also did this after two separate correct responses had been posted.

Then no less than half a dozen people explained to you how MFP calculates your calorie goals and adjusts them when you log exercise, in great detail, and you have the chutzpah to tell us we're "people who do not want to explain how the site works"?

I said before that you could choose to get defensive, or choose to learn. I'm sorry you chose "get defensive." It looks like we've cleared up some confusion for other people though.

OP: sorry your question got hijacked by drama-llamas!
  • leahbea22
    leahbea22 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes I do get it. I asked a question to understand it I got responses and then you started in. it was supposed to be over. Well your words could debate other wise. Not at first they didn't correct me, that is my whole point. It took me having to explain what I meant for people to get it. Thats the point.

Okay, for the very last time - you didn't ask a question to understand it. You told someone that using the site in the way it was intended was actually "overeating." And that's actually pretty demoralizing for someone trying to lose weight and using the site correctly by eating back their exercise calories. They earned those calories! You also did this after two separate correct responses had been posted.

Then no less than half a dozen people explained to you how MFP calculates your calorie goals and adjusts them when you log exercise, in great detail, and you have the chutzpah to tell us we're "people who do not want to explain how the site works"?

I said before that you could choose to get defensive, or choose to learn. I'm sorry you chose "get defensive." It looks like we've cleared up some confusion for other people though.

I was not saying that was how you use the site. I was stating that I thought if you ate back the calories you burned it would be redundant. I was not telling anyone how to use the site. Not my intent. They didn't even ask about the site they asked about calories earned. And thats what I thought based on articles I read. You just completely twisted my words around. Wow. Extreme WOW factor. I got defensive because of what people said. And maybe with in that half hour, my posts didn't come up in that order. And after they explained it. DId i not say thank you for the help! HUH!????
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    But *hugs* anyways!
  • leahbea22
    Options

Did the words. This is how you should use the site ever utter from my words. NO! They did not so where do you get that is what I was telling him?? I was NOT and that infuriates me because I would NEVER demoralize a person for wanting to ask a question on how to lose weight, for as what you people have done to me. Demoralized me put ur shoe on my face and pushed it in the ground is what you have done. I have not been angry up until now. But I am merely pissed off that what you have just said was so inaccurate as to what i was trying to portraying
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Honey, the fact that you answered his question for help implies that you were giving him an answer about how this all works. I'm sorry you were offended by people saying that you were wrong without explaining why at first.

No one has been rude, demoralized you, or put their shoe in your face. We were simply trying to help the OP by refuting incorrect information. You have derailed this thread by being so upset about people correcting you, please let's drop this now.
  • leahbea22
    Options
    Honey, the fact that you answered his question for help implies that you were giving him an answer about how this all works. I'm sorry you were offended by people saying that you were wrong without explaining why at first.

No one has been rude, demoralized you, or put their shoe in your face. We were simply trying to help the OP by refuting incorrect information. You have derailed this thread by being so upset about people correcting you, please let's drop this now.

Jorra, thats not how I meant it at all. Its just what I read from someone else who had posted on my wall about this. I'm sorry this got so out of control. For that was not my intention. yes they were rude. I won't deny that fact
  • delta90017
    Options
    I run. I earn about 400 calories a day doing it. I eat half of those back. Running increases my hunger but not to the full amount of calories earned. When hungry however, i don't hestate to eat all those calories. I know from expereince tha the calroies the system gives me for exercise are roughly accurate. I don't gain weight.
  • patr4ck
    Options
    I'd like to thank all of you for the great responses. However, I am extremely disappointed in the terrible way some of you present your "helpful" information: it's condescending, belittling, and that does not promote a good atmosphere for not only supporting each other's weight loss, but dieting in general. Although it doesn't say so in my NEW profile here, I've actually lost 87 lbs total since starting this site in January. So clearly, something is working right! Also, I can request a feature any time I like, they don't have to implement it.

To conclude, I am ashamed to be sharing my weight loss frustrations and successes with some of you, while I feel honored and humbled by most of you. Thank you to those of you who inspire me to learn, grow and change as I lose the weight.