November 30 Day Shredders (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• Sheriemae
    Options
    Well I am hoping the worst is over - L1D3 went pretty well & was far less painful than D1 and D2. However, I downsized from 5lb on D1 to 3lb weights on D2 and D3 - but still can't complete all the shoulder exercises, have to put the weights down for the 2nd set. Other upper body is OK, just the shoulder presses and raises that seem to kill me!

Is anyone else HUNGRY like crazy? Trying to figure out if this is due to 30DS or because I made the mistake of a HARD run after D1. I shred in the evening, and D2 I woke up and wanted to eat the entire kitchen! Today, a bit better but I didn't do a very good job tracking + lunch out + Halloween candy bowl.

Tomorrow will try AM run, PM shred!

I'm using 3 lb weights as well. When my shoulders feel like I can't lift anymore for the second set, I do one at a time. Still doing it, but not as many times. You can always try that. Just modify when needed. As for being hungry, I was on Monday and Tuesday, but yesterday I wasn't hurngy, I had to force myself to eat dinner. We'll see how today goes though. I run in the morning and do 30DS in the evening. It seems to be working out good, I like getting a second workout in.
  • marylynn04
    marylynn04 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Finally entering my 10/31 measurements for the record! :)
    SW - 184.4
    Chest - 43
    Waist - 39
    Hips - 44 1/2
    Right arm - 13 3/4
    Left arm - 13 (guess I'm stronger in my right arm!) :)
    Right thigh - 23
    Left thigh - 22 1/2
    Neck - 14 (just curious if this will change)

Wasn't able to do day 3 last night, so I guess I'll count that as my rest day. :( Although I was moving boxes up & down stairs, so I did get some exercise in.

Have a great day Ladies!
  • helen2307
    helen2307 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh dear :o(

Hope you feel better soon. Thank you so much for all your hard work. I have just finished day 2 and and going to bed exhausted !!

Take care
  • Sheriemae
    Options
    Whew!!! I'm beat! Just finished day 4. I had an annoying day at work, so I took all of my frustration out during my workout. Now I can relax and forget about the day. I might do 30DS tomorrow morning since I always meet my friends at the neighborhood clubhouse every Friday night. Hopefully I can keep myself in check tomorrow.
  • pkotterman
    pkotterman Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 3- it gets a little easier, but that last ab set nearly kills me! Lower back issues make me take it just a little slower. I use lighter weights as well since I have never done any weights at all- I am hoping to add a lb up to the 5 lb each week. I am shooting to get all the way through in the 30 days of November with no breaks- but today I have a cold and I am hoping it does not slow me down. Getting into shape at 55 is no easy task- glad you all are out there to motivate me!
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    L1D4 complete! It is definitely getting easier to complete... and by that I don't mean EASY... just LESS HARD. Finally was able to complete all the shoulder exercises with my 3 lb weights - will give it 1-2 more days before I pull out the 5 lbs.
  • Tsdennis
    Tsdennis Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 4 was completed around 5 pm yesterday. It took my all to do it i had to keep myself motivated the whole time but I made it through.
  • Sheriemae
    Options
    Day 5~done! I think next week I'm going to somehow make the time to do 30DS during the evening before I go out. Doing it this morning made my run time not so good. I was pretty tired by time I started running. But it's done and out of the way for today. Happy Friday everyone!
  • Amanda_Acosta
    Options
    Going to go do day 3 today/right now!. I don't want to :( but I will.. I'm so so so sore!! :D
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Day 4 has probably been the hardest for me to finish it was just a rough day and mentally I wasn't as strong but hopefully day 5 (today) will be better. Hope everyone's feeling awesome :)
  • ecronick
    ecronick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Well due to being sick I didn't workout at all yesterday. Had to take care of myself and my son who is also sick. Starting to feel better today so I'll just have to make up my day on Sunday to catch up.
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    L1D5 complete! No major issues, using 5 lbs for all but the shoulder exercises - those still get the 3 lb dumbells! And an 8am morning workout no less, which was impressive because I did D4 at 10pm last night! Definitely doable to double-up if needed!

I still think it's getting better each day - not quite as painful, which is a pleasant surprise. I could probably move up to L2 but figure I should instead concentrate on form and bigger weights the next 5 days.

Tomorrow will be my day off, however I will still run! Then back to Shred on Sunday evening!
  • ecronick
    ecronick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Day 4 complete but it was a little tough. (Sick) Don't think I could double up. I don't want to push myself to hard.
  • southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    day 5 is done! off to work all night:(. i hope i can keep it up with the 12 hr shifts!
    best of luck to all!
  • shanaevans84
    Options
    I have my ticker code but I don't know to find where to put my forum signature. I am soooo new at this.

Hey Shana you copy the code and then click signature on the community page. Then you paste it there.

Lets see if I got this right..........
  • shanaevans84
    Options
    How do you calculate the calorie burn for this?

The most accurate if you don't have a hrm is to log it as circuit training general for 20 minutes on level one.

Thats what I have been doing too :)
  • shanaevans84
    Options
    Off to a good start this morning. I did my 15 minute Pilates and ran a 5K. 30DS tonight after work. I know this is a little early to be thinking about what's next, but I'm a planner. After the 30DS do all of you want to do Ripped in 30? I think that will be what I do after these 30 days.

I am game!!!!
  • Sheriemae
    Options
    Day 6 done! I did Pilates, 30DS and walked 40 minutes. No running today, my legs are killing me! I had a hard time not weighing myself yesterday, trying to hold out till Monday. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! :)
  • McHeather
    McHeather Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I guess I jumped in sooner than I was ready - I put myself on the list and haven't done any of it. Found a new resolve for myself today though but not with 30 day shred. - I haven't given up - just had taken a break. Good luck to everyone!
  • helen2307
    helen2307 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    have doubled up to get to day 5 and don't my arms and stomach know it haha!!