21-Day No Junk Food Challenge: November Edition! (open)

Replies

• kjloiselle
    kjloiselle Posts: 101 Member
    ok, i'm in.

going to be hard since I just got a shipment of goodie's from abe's market containing many of those things, but here we go.

mine will also include pop, because I have it in the house, though I drink it only every few months.

I will start tomorrow (11/3).
  • Count me in, this challenge will end right before Thanksgiving...perfect! :smile:
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    I started this today on my own so I am happy to have found some support. Mine is no white/brown sugar, no white flour products, no fast food. I need all the help I can get through the holidays avoiding all the goodies!
  • fitnowandforever
    fitnowandforever Posts: 128 Member
    Just finished second day! It's going really good...yesterday was almost perfect, but today I succumbed to the pressure of fiber bars. I don't feel that horrible though, because my carbs are still pretty low without them :) Other than that, not missing anything that much! I am occasionally dreaming of pumpkin spice cupcakes...but I just remember it's only 21 days and keep going
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    I almost bought candy today but then I remembered this challenge, so YAY for MFP challenges! :) I have kept dark chocolate because it is something that I don't go crazy over. If I am desperately craving sweets I can have 8-9 little pieces of the foley's dark chocolate buds and it's 100 calories and a worthwhile expenditure for me LOL.

Also, I decided that Luna bars are on my junk food list, because I love them and would easily replace meals with them, so this will be good. Keeping Lara bars though because since they are more expensive I don't tend to rely on them, but I like to have them around for snacks or last minute running out the door.
  • jadam6
    jadam6 Posts: 121 Member
    Started yesterday (2nd November). It did stop me reaching for a biscuit in my mother's house (and when I start I can't stop!) which can't be bad. Well done everyone x
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    I'm so in!! I'll start today.
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
    Has anyone already started their challenge? How is it going so far?

Mine will start on Sunday.
    It's going well so far the bowl of mini's from Halloween is tempting me a bit but I am able to resist. Thanks to this challenge!!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Mine is starting today. We usually get a ton of trick-or-treaters, but for some reason, we hardly got any this year, so we now have a whole bag of snickers and milky ways left. This is definitely gonna test my willpower.
  • asltiffm
    Yesterday was my first day. It went well. I exercised a ton (did a mini triathalon by myself) which kept me busy and unable to eat for a few hours. My problem comes when I've got nothing to do...that's when I really start craving sugary goodness.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    I'm in! I'm careful at fast food places and stuff but i think eating even just a bit cleaner could help me big time. I have ulcerative colitis (painful stomach issue) and this will def help. I think i' ll modify it just a bit and post up what my list will be so you peeps can kick my *kitten* if i cheat :tongue: Looking forward to getting to know everyone and building another awesome support team! :bigsmile:
  • Hey Everyone,

Day 2 and feeling good! Did my grocery shop last night and didn't buy any junk or soft drink:) woohoo for me!!

I read this horrible article on all the artificial sweetners in diet drinks which really helped me not wanting to drink it.
    Amazing the terrible things we digest daily.:grumble:

Hope everyone who has started is going really well....

:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • OMG count me in, I was just talking about eating a little better and I think this is what I need. Im going to start tomorrow 11/5. Hoping this helps me out a little.
  • asltiffm
    I had sesame chicken last night that was in the fridge from my DH's chinese order in. :o( Coated in sugary sauce. I was just so hungry. I need to have more willpower.
  • Pagehemphill
    Pagehemphill Posts: 5 Member
    I'm in!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    I hope that the challenge is going well for all who have began! If you slipped, just start over the very next time you eat!

This may seem like an "all or nothing" challenge, but be gentle with yourself because it's tough to break the habits.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!
  • I am MOST DEFINITELY in! Lately my goal has been to make 50% of my diet fruit and veggies, I think this will really really help me keep on track for that particular goal as well! Super excited! I am starting Sunday too!
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Started on Wednesday, so far I've had to move the candy bowl at work out of my site, skip chips at my grandma's house, and not go for a diet soda at dinner. I did however have 2 bits of chocolate cake :frown: Not gonna lie, it tasted awesome. But today is a new day! Good luck to everyone!
  • morand
    morand Posts: 6 Member
    Started on Tuesday so three days down and 18 to go. Doing great so far. Way better then I thought I would. But now it is the weekend, I will stay strong.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    You guys are good!