Have people told you that you're losing too much weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• DHolmes2011
    Options
    Yes. I hear it all the time. I have cut out sugar and starchy foods from my diet. I have lost 20 lbs. I am 5' 7" and weigh 120 lbs. I am currently in a size 2. My BMI is in the healthy range of 18.7. I am prediabetic and had to do some life changes. I am feeling healthy and happy.
  • sweetbrn
    Options
    Yes yes. To many. But nobody ever told me
    I was getting to fat. Ha. I used suppliments to help me loose some
    Of my weight and have had to stop taking them because of lifestyle changes and I wanted to know I could go without a diet pill. It was very hard at first but I think maybe ones own "ideal weight" is where they feel comfortable. For example, when I was 16 lbs heavier I felt ugly and uncomfortable. I
    Like the fact that my jeans fit better. My stomachs not flat an may never be but I do like that I feel better when I get dressed. It's how you feel really!
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten that, but I think that it's hard for people to visualize weight on others. When I started this, I couldn't believe that there was 57 extra pound on my frame, but it was there and it was distributed every where. Saying "I have 10 more pounds to lose" is a very abstract concept to everyone but me, because I know where those extra pounds are still hiding.

I also agree with the other poster that pointed out that average weights have gone up so much, that most people don't know what healthy weights/body fat %s look like anymore.

In addition, it's really lame for un-supportive folks to throw around "anorexic". Anorexia is as much a mental disorder as a physical one, it's a real sickness, and not just something that should be used as a slur to put down thin people (I'm not, but have know people who are, and it always bothers me to see it used out of context).
  • Mrrwmoo
    Options
    Yup, but whomever can shove it for all I care x3.
  • Hwilli95
    Options
  • ONE03
    ONE03 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    All the time, but I stay within guideline. As long as I'm eating healthy, exercising, losing less than 2lbs/wk, and am within healthy BMR range, what other people say don't really affect me.
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    A lot of the time I dnt think it is because you are too thin but because you are thinner than they are used to seeing you so you don't look like you

One of my male friends has lost a lot of weight. When I last saw him you could really tell. It didn't look like him , he looked too thin for how I perceive him to look and I did for a moment think to myself that he shouldmt really lose much more but then once I got used to the slimmer look I realised that he still had quite a bit to lose, he just didn't look quite right until I got used to the slimmer him. Of course I didn't say anything
  • splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Options
    A lot of the time I dnt think it is because you are too thin but because you are thinner than they are used to seeing you so you don't look like you

One of my male friends has lost a lot of weight. When I last saw him you could really tell. It didn't look like him , he looked too thin for how I perceive him to look and I did for a moment think to myself that he shouldmt really lose much more but then once I got used to the slimmer look I realised that he still had quite a bit to lose, he just didn't look quite right until I got used to the slimmer him. Of course I didn't say anything

^^^^ agree with this. I haven't had any comments about being too skinny and don't expect I will since everyone around me here in Asia is about toothpick thin, but my mom used to be very overweight, at about 180 for her 5'1'' tiny frame. She dropped a ton of weight dieting and hit about 110 and about a size 4. Completely healthy, perfectly fine, but everyone in the family was talking behind her back about how she must be anorexic and it was super unhealthy. Meanwhile my tiny 5'1'' (do you see a trend in this family!?), 95 pound cousin who has always been size 00 has never had any comments because everyone is used to her being so small.
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    agree >:( I think it's jealousy. What really ticks me off is when they assume I couldn't have actually WORKED for it. They think I'm starving myself or something. My mom is notorious for asking me if I'm making myself sick. WTF?? I'm n the gym every single day and I want some freaking credit - not "concern" GRRR
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    When I finally got down to 190 lbs, my step mom was bragging on me in front of some other people. "Doesn't she look so good! This is the weight she is supposed to be at!" She has said that alot. That she thinks my body just naturally is supposed to be at 180. I am 5'6 and apple shaped. I am at 182 lbs now and have 28lbs to go to hit the top of the "normal" BMI. She thinks she is complementing me but really its like a slap to my face. Its almost like she is saying that I'm not meant to be slender or at a healthy fit weight b/c I've been chubby my whole life. I finally told her that even though she thinks I look good, my "doctor" wants me to lose until I'm in a "normal" BMI range. And that he also wants me to try to eliminate as much belly fat as possible b/c of the health risks associated with belly fat. My doctor didn't say that EXACTLY, but it seemed to make her understand.
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    No matter what you do or who you are, some people just wanna hate.