fit-and-fun-sized-those-under-5-4-for-November

Options

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    5'3 here!! Would like to join as well...started MFP not long ago and I truly LOVE it!!! Support and my MFP friends are awesome motivators...On week 3 of Ripped in 30, have slacked a bit on it, but have substituted it some days for jogging instead, seen good results so far, not much lost weight only 5 lbs, but its a good start :)

Congrats on the 5 lbs! I am only on day 3 of Ripped in 30, so hoping to make it to the end and also mixing in some additional cardio.
  • ChshireKat
    Options
    Wii Sport, not alot of moving but it sure raisesd your temp and works your sholders. My exersice last night Wii Bowling.
  • bluegirl10
    Options
    Wii Sport, not alot of moving but it sure raisesd your temp and works your sholders. My exersice last night Wii Bowling.

My husband and I play Wii blowing sometimes... It's a lot of fun! :happy:
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have found fatal diet flaw.:noway: If it is a free lunch you eat it. I got a roast beef sandwhich at lunch today instead of what I had planned on because the sandwhich was free and it means I now have a frozen lunch for Monday; but I have no ides awat was on the sandwich other then roast beef.

yes, this is trouble indeed! if there were no candy bowls and no free lunches, I would be a skinnie minnie in no time!
  • TSTagain
    TSTagain Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great job, on the 3 lbs MiniSumo :flowerforyou: - Good luck with the next 6lbs.

Thank you! And good luck with your Thanksgiving goal too :happy: Looks like we have roughly the same goal and timeframe. How are you getting on?

Some days are good, i keep calories in check-get some exercise and i feel great. Other times I am really worried that I wont be able to do it. I am halfway to my thanksgiving goal and doing everything i can to keep on track,; I'm on MFP everyday and trying to blog or reach out to someone everyday, it keeps me accountable (how can I offer encouragement to someone without trying to live it).
  • bluegirl10
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone! Have a great weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • lyddsmom
    Options
    Hi. I am 5'3" and would love to join the group! I lost 12 lbs fairly easily but the last 5 are being stubborn. I just bought Accu Measure Calipers to measure fat loss. The scale has stayed the same for an entire month. I've been exercising faithfully and just want to see if all my hard work is paying off or if I am at a true plateau. I'lI let you know what I find. I've read that especially for women, the scale does not accurately measure progress. So we'll see what two progress measuring techniques do for me.
  • danaw_errn
    Options
    Hi all, I am 4'9" and so glad to have found this board. My husband and I are going on a cruise in January. Currently weigh 127 and want to be at 115 on Dec 31st (that is our departure date!). Need lots of support.
  • hellokittymfp
    Options
    Thanks for the support ladies. I haven't kept a food diary this wk and while I haven't gained, I haven't lost either. I will hop back on the wagon again this wknd charting my diet. I feel like I will have to do this my entire life. Overall though, I feel like I'm making better food choices.
  • TSTagain
    Options
    Hi all, I am 4'9" and so glad to have found this board. My husband and I are going on a cruise in January. Currently weigh 127 and want to be at 115 on Dec 31st (that is our departure date!). Need lots of support.

Hi Danaw, I am so jealous - a cruise in January sounds awesome. Good luck with the program - you can do this!
  • TSTagain
    Options
    Thanks for the support ladies. I haven't kept a food diary this wk and while I haven't gained, I haven't lost either. I will hop back on the wagon again this wknd charting my diet. I feel like I will have to do this my entire life. Overall though, I feel like I'm making better food choices.

I agree with you, I find as soon as you stop tracking your food the weight just start to come back on. Keep logging - it works.
  • AnitaMcKenna
    AnitaMcKenna Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you all had a good week and are ready for the weekend?

I'm having a Twilight-fest this weekend with my sister, watching all three films ready for the release of Breaking Dawn in a couple of weeks!!!! Plus today is my 'relaxed' eating day, so we're having a chinese meal whilst we drool over Edward & Jacob :wink:

Have a fab weekend all :drinker:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    50 minutes of yoga and 45 minutes of rollerblading for friday. not sure what i am going to do today; i am exhausted.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: my hubby had to get up at 3:30 this morning to drive to the city for a meeting so I walked the frisky poodles for an hour in the dark so he'd have a quiet house for meditation, then after he left, I walked them for another hour in some almost daylight so we could walk in the fields which the dogs love so by 8 AM I'd walked for over two hours and had almost 16,000 steps on my pedometer. The rest of the day will be sedentary because I have cooking to do and my friend who's visiting from two states south of here says it's too cold for her and she doesn't want to go outside.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I ran up to the gym (it's about 1.5 miles from home) and lifted weights for just a little bit and ran home. Beautiful weather here today, sunny and ended up getting into the 50's, although it was colder when I ran. Enjoyed a nice visit with hubby's parents and grandma (she's 97) and then a nice dinner out with my hubby. Planning to enjoy the extra hour of sleep tonight and get in a longer run in the morning. Thinking 7-8 miles... we'll see how early I get up and how light it is.

Oh, and I'm re-reading the Twilight books in prep for the movie release... I'm on #3... I should have them done before the big day!!!! Yes, I'm a Twi-Mom and proud of it!!!!

Enjoy your weekends!!!!!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Annita – Sweet potato fries are fantastic! I am a believer that pumpkin is an under eaten fruit: pies, puddings and pumpkin cookies come to mind. Free food gets me too. Our budget is so tight that if some one offers me a free lunch at work I take it and save what I brought for the next day. Or, sometimes I save what I got for free, so I can work in the calories better.

Welcome Guerita83 – Congratulations on the 5 pound loss! That is fantastic.

Godblessourhome – What are you shoveling? You’re the only other person I have seen use that besides myself. I live where it snows and I have horses, so you can guess what I shovel.

TSTagain – I am sure your commitment will bring you success in reaching your Thanksgiving goal.

Welcome lyddsmom and danaw_ern – I look forward to getting to know you both better. There is a lot of support here.

AnitaMcKenna – We are doing the same thing here! I can’t wait for Breaking Dawn to get here. We will go see it the opening weekend if we can. Don’t be afraid to talk about it when you see it. I read all the books.

Barbie – You are amazing. I bet the poodles weren’t so frisky after those walks.

Nikstergirl – First I admire you running to the gym and back. Second – welcome to another Twilight fan. I read the books to see what my kids were reading and ended up finishing first.

As for me………..
    I am hanging in there. The stress at home is amazing, but it appears my luck/fate may have changed. I won an iPad2 in a drawing. I got if Friday and I am not sure who likes it more my kiddos or myself. It will be great to bring on road trips. It is the base model, but we can preload it with a movie, games and music. It should help with long road trips skiing and vacations.

I think my weight is still the same. I will weigh in next Wednesday. The stress is either making it hard to eat at all or hard to eat the right things.

Happy Sunday all and good luck with Monday.

Jeannie
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Jeannie... Congrats on the iPad!!! My son has one (it's school-issued) and he loves it. I have one at work that we won but don't use it much, but they are really cool!!! If I could afford it I'd have one, that or a Nook color so I can read more books when I travel. Since hubby's a OTR driver, we rarely go anywhere... but I'm heading to Vegas soon. Would be nice to have an e-reader, but it won't happen this trip.

Can you believe I'm watching the NYC marathon on tv???? Nope, me either... but I am! So inspirational to this runner! Maybe next fall I'll go for my first marathon... I'm seriously thinking I can by then!!!

Enjoy your Sunday!
  • mjdaniels1
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'3" currently weigh 141ish. I would adore 120. That is it.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Godblessourhome – What are you shoveling? You’re the only other person I have seen use that besides myself. I live where it snows and I have horses, so you can guess what I shovel.

we shoveled the driveway, one deck and the sidewalks (front and back). :)
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    acupuncture at 10, yoga at 12, doctor's appointment at 2, pick my kids up from school at 4. busy day. i hope i get a run in but i'm not sure it will happen.