Losing the last 15-20 lbs?

Options

Replies

• hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in.

I'm a stay at home mom. I have a 6 year old little girl and a 17 month old little girl. I gained a little extra weight after my first daughter, but never felt motivated to lose it. Then, after my second daughter was born and I started staying home, I got up to about 160 lbs. Since around January I've lost around 30 lbs through myfitnesspal.com, 30 Day Shred, and Insanity. However, I've kind of stalled at about 127, and actually have gone back up to about 130 over the last few days. My goal right now is to lose about 10-15 more pounds, but that will depend on how I look and feel once I get even closer to my goal.

We're in the same situation! I'm also at 130 and would like to get to 115 but don't want to look too thin so may just stay at 120 before doing stregth training to tone up.
    Best of luck to you! Hope you can do the challenge posted above :wink:
  • kcksmo
    kcksmo Posts: 19
    Options
    My current goal is to lose 10 pounds by 12/1 so.... I AM IN!!! BRING IT ON!
  • Addicted2Fitness
    Options
    *WEEKEND CHANLLENGE*

For Friday-Sunday lets get in at least 5 hours of working out. Come back Sunday/Monday and share your total hours, cals burned (if possible), and what workout(s) you did!

Good luck to all!!:drinker:

Let's do this!!! I'm not sure how but I'm going to figure it out. :)
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    *WEEKEND CHANLLENGE*

For Friday-Sunday lets get in at least 5 hours of working out. Come back Sunday/Monday and share your total hours, cals burned (if possible), and what workout(s) you did!

Good luck to all!!:drinker:

That is a CHALLENGE! Got in 30 minutes this morning. I'm traveling right now, so worked out in the hotel's tiny fitness center! At least I had it all to myself! Will be in the car most of today, but maybe I'll do jumping jacks at gas stations or something!:laugh:
  • hsh0927
    Options
    Glad you guys like the challenge! I'm about to eat some bfast and get started on it myself...an hour and 40 mins of the elliptical!! :noway:
  • moyyster
    moyyster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely interested!!! I have about 20 lbs I would like to lose
  • hsh0927
    Options
    I'm definitely interested!!! I have about 20 lbs I would like to lose
    Awesome! Feel free to join the weekend challenge that is posted above!! I should another Monday that probably won't be exercise related :smile:
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I got in about 70 minutes of running today. I had intentions to also do the 30DS or Ripped in 30 for another 20 minutes but it just didn't happen and now my husband has taken over the tv so my opportunity is over for today...so I definitely need to do one of those tomorrow in addition to running.
  • hsh0927
    Options
    I got in about 70 minutes of running today. I had intentions to also do the 30DS or Ripped in 30 for another 20 minutes but it just didn't happen and now my husband has taken over the tv so my opportunity is over for today...so I definitely need to do one of those tomorrow in addition to running.

Same thing happened to me! men, ugh :tongue:
  • AScarbrough19
    AScarbrough19 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Andrea and I want in on this challenge. I have lost a total of 90 lbs and maintained that for quite a while but just can't get to my ugw. I am currently hovering at 150 - I break thorugh for a few weeks then back up. This will be a great board for me! I worked out a total of 70 minutes today. Will need to bump it up tomorrow and Sunday!
  • hsh0927
    Options
    Hi. My name is Andrea and I want in on this challenge. I have lost a total of 90 lbs and maintained that for quite a while but just can't get to my ugw. I am currently hovering at 150 - I break thorugh for a few weeks then back up. This will be a great board for me! I worked out a total of 70 minutes today. Will need to bump it up tomorrow and Sunday!

Glad you've joined!! (=
  • EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    Options
    How long is this challenge?
  • hsh0927
    Options
    How long is this challenge?

The challenge I posted goes till Sunday. The group itself can last as long as people want it to
  • hsh0927
    Options
    I just realized I made an error in typing when I started this feed :embarassed:
    I put that the goal would be to lose at least 10lbs this month...I meant to say lose 10 lbs this year. Meaing by the end of December which would put us at 5 lbs each month. I wish it could be 10 lbs a month but considering a lot of us are trying to lose the last bit of weight, it probably wouldn't be healthy to lose more than 2lbs a wk. Especially since I'm no Dr! lol I am very sorry for this and can't believe it took me so long to realize! If anyone wishes to stop using the group I completely understand.
    Sorry again!! :frown:
  • ehwilson
    ehwilson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

Maybe we can do weekly exercise challenges too:-)
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I put that the goal would be to lose at least 10lbs this month...I meant to say lose 10 lbs this year. Meaing by the end of December which would put us at 5 lbs each month. I wish it could be 10 lbs a month but considering a lot of us are trying to lose the last bit of weight, it probably wouldn't be healthy to lose more than 2lbs a wk. Especially since I'm no Dr! lol I am very sorry for this and can't believe it took me so long to realize! If anyone wishes to stop using the group I completely understand.

I'm still in. 5lbs a month is about all I'll be able to do at this point anyway.

I did a 45 minute JM video today (No More Trouble Zones) and ran 5 miles + walked 2 miles for a little over an hour? I forgot to check my watch when I got back home but I think it was around 75 minutes. So 120 minutes today.
  • hsh0927
    Options

I'm still in. 5lbs a month is about all I'll be able to do at this point anyway.

I did a 45 minute JM video today (No More Trouble Zones) and ran 5 miles + walked 2 miles for a little over an hour? I forgot to check my watch when I got back home but I think it was around 75 minutes. So 120 minutes today.

Great job!
  • Merrinoel
    Merrinoel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
  • megan015
    Options
    Totally in X)
    and call this group, "we're doing it"
    or not lol
  • Merrinoel
    Merrinoel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sorry^ ----don't know how to reply with quote yet!

Anyway, I am so glad you said that 10 lbs in month was typo, cuz that was only thing holding me back--- i just know I can't do that with age 48 and hypothyroid and menopause issues:noway:

I've lost almost 50 since feb, but now it is going EXTREMELY slow as my next goal is healthy bmi --13 lbs to that goal of 159 lbs. Ugw of 135-149 lb range.

This looks like a great group! Thanks!