My Personal Challenge - Anyone want to join me?

Options
After taking a long 1 1/2 month break, and backsliding drastically I need a new commitment and challenge. I've got a new goal - when I first started with Dr.Phil years ago - my goals were in 2 pound increments - so I'm gonna blast off 2 pounds by the end of November. ( that's what I gained in the last 1 1/2 months) I know I'll have to work like it's 8 pounds though, I haven't been losing very easily and I'm close to healthy weight, but I want to be strong too like I was getting at the end of September.

I keep telling myself I'll do the 30 Day Shred but It doesn't inspire me so I'm committing to 30 mins of something everyday whatever I'm in the mood for. Walking, biking, 30 day shred, or other video.

And I will log in my food no matter what. Binges (hopefully none but I can't promise) will be logged as well. I've found myself logging breakfast then snacking way too much and feeling guilty and not wanting to admit what I've done so just not bothering to log anymore.

So there's my challenge - I've set goals for myself and am accountable to me - I'd love some encouraging and inspiring friends to do it with me too. Just make some goals for yourself My end date is November 30th I'll report back each Saturday until then.

Starting Weight 157.6

Goal Weight 155.6

Excersize 30 minutes minimum each day (yoga at least on a rest day)

Log everything.
I already have one friend in on this with me, are there any other takers?

Replies

• S2012
    S2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I will join you.

2 pounds by the end of this month.

30 minutes of moving for the sake of moving (I have a 20 month old so I am always moving but not necessarily for me.)
  • myth4ever
    Options
    I am in!!! I ignore the weeks for the most part and that is a habit I have to shake....i do so well monday to about friday afternoon...but Friday evening until Sunday night it's like trying to find Waldo!!!!!!
  • envy53
    Options
    I am in! I am never thought about using that concept of 2 pounds at a time! I will log EVERYTHING, try and get in some type of exercise 3 to 4 times a week and I can try to encourage anyone who needs it!

Starting weight:223.5
    Goal weight: 221.5

12303720.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am in too! 2 pounds by the end of the month...I want 3 but I will take what i can get! I am trying to do at least 30 mins of exercise, mostly walking outside or walking with Leslie Sansone each day...good luck everyone

Also I am trying to increase my water intake to 10 glasses, cut down on the wine and eat at least 5 fruits/veggie servings a day
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'll join ya. I"m so unmotivated right now. NOt sure why. Need something to kick my butt back into gear.
  • Helenabc
    Helenabc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'll join too. I have lost 2.5 pounds but now seem stuck. 2 pounds by the end of Novemeber (152), 30 minutes of exercise and record everything... I will!!! Thanks for the motivation :)
  • kittybells
    kittybells Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was in your challenge a month or so ago, and I know I have slipped a bit as well. I will join you in your challenge. Halloween was the beginning of way too much candy for me!
  • GingerBoo
    Options
    Im new to MFP and this will be my first challege!!! Yay! I was originally looking for a New Years challenge and came across this one. So I would like to join. I have a few questions, how/when/where do I "checkin" my weekly success? Here?

My goals are:
    Lose 10 pounds by the end of November
    Drink the recomended 8 glasses of water
  • McHeather
    McHeather Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I think we'll just keep our dialog going in this post - It makes it easier to keep track. You can private message me as well. I'll post a complete list of those in the challenge with their starting/ goal weight and personal goals Sunday nights to give everyone a chance to get their info in to me. Welcome everyone!
  • I'd be really keen to join!! I really want to lose 5lbs by the end of november my current weight is 220.4 and my goal is 215.4 :)
  • AudreySchach
    AudreySchach Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How do I join?
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of losing 2 pounds by the end of the month...I'm in....

CW 194
    Gw. 192
  • McHeather
    Options
    Mom - you're in! Let me know your starting weight and your goals and we'll report to each other!
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ok I weighed in at 191.1 this AM.
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'd like to join too. I'm concerned that I'm hitting a plateau, so this would help keep me focused. Whilst I'd be happy to lose 2 lbs, my goal is 2 kg by the end of the month:

Starting weight: 191.1 lbs (86.7 kg)
    Goal weight: 186.7 lbs (84.7 kg)
  • janna674
    Options
    I managed to get the baby out for a walk with me this morning...burned 830 cals in 75 mins...we walked around the whole lake...nice fall day here in NY

My starting weight is 137 ...I will update my signature for the challenge
  • McHeather
    Options
    So here's my list of Challengers and their goals- If I don't have some of your info and you'd rather I didn't that's okay too - It's your challenge - just stick with it and let us know at the end if you met your goals. If you want to send me any missing info you can message me and I'll put it in next Sunday's update.

McHeather SW 157.6 GW 155.6 Personal goal: Excersize 30 min a day, log everything
    Myth4ever Personal goal: stay on track over weekends
    S2O12
    Envy53 SW 223.5 GW 221.5 Personal goal: excersize 3-4 times a week
    Janna674 SW 137 GW 135 Person goal: increase water, cut down on wine, eat 5 fruit and veggie a day
    wiffe SW 191.1 GW 189.1 Personal goal: kick butt into motivation =)
    helenabc SW 154? GW 152 Personal goal: 30 minutes of excersize, log everything
    kittybells Personal goal: log in every day, stay under calories and exercise 4 times a week
    felicity 866
    Gingerboo Personal goal: lose 10 lbs, drink recommended 8 glasses of water
    ChrissyGettinghot SW 220.4 GW 215.4 Personal goal: lose 5 pounds
    luvlyluv SW 194 GW 192 Personal goal: lose 2 pounds
    Audreyschach Personal goal: keep up with her daughter =)
    Jennieam SW 191.1 GW 186.7 Personal goal: break out of plateau, lose 2 kg

For me this challenge is about being consistent. I've let myself backslide too much this last month and I was so proud of myself before- I was tossing away too big clothes and I was able to do real pushups among many other accomplishments but something got in the way - busy working life with kids and other things, I had found the strength and time before - I can and will again. I really want to feel good about myself at Xmas and New Years.
  • janna674
    Options
    Mc Heather i have let my self slide too...i was 135 which is the lowest i have ever been than i can remember ...weighing in at 137 totally depressed me...I am on vacation this week and am going to try to schedule some hikes even though it is a little chilly for me and my 2 year old...hoping for a great week!
  • karenmetfan
    karenmetfan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Can I be in?

GOALS: continue exercising/walking for at least 30 minutes, up to 1 hour, daily with my dog (if walking)
    stick to portion control, especially with the Holidays coming up
    no eating after 8:00

I've been doing good so far. These are my diet goals right now. New to this (and only my 3rd post) :) The daily logging in is super helpful in keeping on track. My PCP had actually recommended MFP to me, but I had already started here :)
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Count me in!

I fear that I could backslide at any minute, so a challenge should keep me inspired enough to actually do what needs to be done.