Christmas Challenge 2011-Chit Chat

Options

Replies

• GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Challenges help me to keep focus through a crazy time.

Week 5 (10/23)- 221
    Week 6 (10/30)- 219 (-2)
    Week 7 (11/6)-
    Week 8 (11/13)-
    Week 9 (11/20)-
    Week 10 (11/27)-
    Week 11 (12/4)-
    Week 12 (12/11)-
    Week 13 (12/18)-
    Week 14 (12/25)-

Goal weight- 209
    NWG (non weight goal)- move more!
  • tracy337
    tracy337 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    3 more down :)
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    1.2 lbs down :smile:
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm back up to 208. That's my starting weight when I joined MFP 2 months ago. Not sure if I can meet the Christmas goal I initially set for myself or not. I would have to lose 28 lbs by Christmas. I'll try my best.
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling a lot over the past month or two. The stress and tiredness of work and school is overwhelming sometimes. I Have definitely gained and have definitely been slacking in the work-out department. I am committed to getting moving again with running and walking after I get home. I know I am not alone! Lets keep motivating each other and staying accountable!

Anyone still losing... thanks for the motivation! And great job sticking it out!
  • splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Options
    I have no idea how I'm half a pound down this morning from last week, to be honest. I've eaten right at maintenance calories the entire week (and over twice this week) and both yesterday and the day before I was 112.2, but no matter how many times I weigh in different spots or positions this morning the scale is showing 111 exactly. I'd be thankful for it if I wasn't sure there is no way it can be true... I'm pretty sure my goal of 105 is out of the question too. With 6 pounds to go and only 7 weeks left, with my current level of motivation I think I'll be happy now if I can just get myself under 110 and stay there for the time being. It's just too stressful right now, plus I'm going on vacation for nearly a week in just a week and a half. Well, hopefully I'll be back next week with a bit more down, if I keep at it I can actually hit in the 110's next week!
  • tracy337
    Options
    According to the scale I have been using (at my moms house) Have been losing but she mentioned that her scale was off but was still ok at showing loss. So I am planning on buying a scale this weekend and will start going by that weight, so I may gain a few, or several or be lower then I think (would much prefer the later lol) We shall see, at this point I even though its only 10 pound difference, I don't think I am going to make 200 by the goal date, so I would just be happy being at 210 or less :)
  • tracy337
    Options
    Didn't get around to getting a scale, so weighed at my moms again and down a pound :)
  • batgirlmama
    batgirlmama Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    man, some of you guys are sizzling!
    down two pounds this week. My wisdom teeth hurting may have something to do with it.
  • batgirlmama
    batgirlmama Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Didn't get around to getting a scale, so weighed at my moms again and down a pound :)

Man! you are doing great!
  • brynnesmum
    brynnesmum Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sorry, it's been crazy and I haven't done any chit chat for awhile. I did survive being out of town and have managed to lose 12 lbs total since the challenge began. This is a huge success for me, so I am happy. My goal may still be possible, but only if I ramp it up a bit! It is amazing what just tracking and being aware of what you are eating can do! For anyone struggling, if I can do it then I KNOW you can. Given, I have more to lose, so it is easier to lose for me at this point. However, I have always struggled with losing anything and just seeing this positive movement even through life's challenges like travel and sickness and the kids constant treats with Halloween (and works constant treats as well) I feel like I am finally getting somewhere.

Thanks so much for starting the challenge--it has made a huge difference to me!
  • melaniejames
    melaniejames Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My weight is up and down. This week down. I need to eat better and exercise more. I let my self get too stressed over other peoples stupidity. Being a stepmom means dealing with baby momma drama. Sometimes I wish people would just grow up. All the piddly sh*% does not help the situation. Yet another visit to the lawyer to resolve what should be a non issue. My hubby is 100% responsible for medical and finacial of his son who he has custody of for the school year. If he needs to change a doctor to deal with our kids ADHD it shouldn't be a fight. He should be able to. He tells her who he sees when he sees them and how it went but for the baby momma it isn't enough. Maybe she shouldn't have moved 8 plus hours away! Oh the drama. Makes me want a big bowl of ice cream. Me thinks instead I will walk my dogs.
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    down 2 lbs.....I was hoping and praying not to gain (didnt have a good week) and I was able to drop so happy about that...on the other hand I wanted to make my goal under 300lbs this week and didnt make it:frown: 1.9lbs and I will be under that 300 mark!! I realize it may not be much to be under that BIG number but I havent been under that for the past at least 10 - 15 yrs...
  • melaniejames
    melaniejames Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    down 2 lbs.....I was hoping and praying not to gain (didnt have a good week) and I was able to drop so happy about that...on the other hand I wanted to make my goal under 300lbs this week and didnt make it:frown: 1.9lbs and I will be under that 300 mark!! I realize it may not be much to be under that BIG number but I havent been under that for the past at least 10 - 15 yrs...

Are you kidding me when you get under 300 rejoice. I have been battling for 5 years to get under 200. I know how hard those last few pounds to a big goal can be. Let me know so I can congratulate you.
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Challenges help me to keep focus through a crazy time.

Week 5 (10/23)- 221
    Week 6 (10/30)- 219 (-2)
    Week 7 (11/6)- 219 (-0) (-2)
    Week 8 (11/13)-
    Week 9 (11/20)-
    Week 10 (11/27)-
    Week 11 (12/4)-
    Week 12 (12/11)-
    Week 13 (12/18)-
    Week 14 (12/25)-

Goal weight- 209
    NWG (non weight goal)- move more!
    [/quote]
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    First off, I'm sorry I haven't been checking into the thread as much, but I've been watching our spreadsheet, and I need to check on a few people who still haven't logged, I'm thinking they dropped out :frown:

Rachemn-from your post on Oct. 2 (I never replied back to you) Thank you for your kind words and your welcome. I just thought with the two biggest holidays of the year around the corner, this would be great to help keep everyone motivated! I know its hard.

WTG on those who had losses and those who either maintained or gained, we can do this! We will rock it! Let's hold it strong!!

For those who need a reminer on the link here it is...I'll try to repost it at least once a week, when I reply.

Here's the link again for those who may have lost it, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AikR9MNTIhNGdE8zeUMybGRCTHdrcFdfT1pBUkpwMHc&hl=en_US
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I hope we didn't lose each other or people haven't given up! I know I had a rough month or so in there and I gained about 5-7 lbs :embarassed:

BUT.... as they say Back on the wagon!! I still struggle the most with my binge eating, but At least I got my butt back to moving last week! I worked out 3 days and then this week, I've already worked out 2x!

Keep posting and stay accountable!! We have about 6 weeks til xmass! Still plenty of time to lose some (if not all) of our goal!
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! I'm discouraged that it's coming off so slowly, but still keeping at it! I want to get to the "healthy" mark by Christmas, so I have a lot of work to do! I'm SO close to the 30 lbs mark & being in the 160s...I think once I hit that, it will really motivate me to keep going. Losing weight is a LOT of work...I swear I will NEVER put it back on! :)
  • wellsej
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone, wherever you may be......... i'm away this weekend so have already recorded today's weight for sunday.... i've lost just over 33lbs so far on the challenge and now just 4lbs away from my original challenge goal.... as such i've revised my challenge goal by a further 13pounds so all being well i should hit the 50lb loss by the time i fly back to wales on Dec 22...

Thanks for the continued support and encouragement - particularly from my new found friend in Oregon - jbbeachbiddie - cant thank you enough Daisy x

Hope y'all have a great weekend - Jon
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hum . . . I was wondering if this thread was dieing off but I see a couple of you are posting. :drinker: I am still on this roller coaster of a plateau :grumble: and I have been logging my weight each week on the spread sheet. I actively post on a couple of other threads which take up a lot of my time so I will occasionally pop in here but won't be posting weekly.

Have a great weekend . . . :flowerforyou:

MY SIGNATURE . . . .

YUP . . . . this will be on everyone of my posts. Providing I remember to add the darn thing. :laugh:

NOVEMBER CHALLENGE - Fight with Five for Thanksgiving (lose 5 pounds in November to fight the gain that might happen Thanksgiving week.)

Official SW - 1st day back in the gym! (12/02/10) - 380 lbs
    SW - 1st day on MFP (09/17/11 - 317 lbs
    1st Goal - Christmas Challenge 2011 - 290 lbs

GW - 150 lbs