Most effective method of burning fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Lift heavier with lower reps (6) and you can increase you resting metabolic rate more. This will help to burn more fat since fat is burned during rest.

This man speaks the ^^^Truth^^^
    If you're lifting and doing 12-15 reps/set no problem, you should up the weight.

this ^
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that was exactly what I was thinking....

So lets use my workout from today as an example:
    15 reps of hammer curls, 3 sets, @ 15lbs
    15 reps of shoulder presses, 3 sets, 12 lbs
    15 reps of bent-over rowns, 3 sets, 40lb bar
    15 reps wide stance squats, 40 lbs
    And then I do an ab circuit as well. What would you change the above to in terms of lifting heavy/less reps?

Is that the order that you do the exercises in? Also what other exercises do you do? Sidesteal's advice on how to get to heavier rep ranges is solid so I won't touch that, but I do think you might want to consider reorganizing your workout a bit. I would replace shoulder presses with another pulling exercise and do shoulder press on a different day with other push exercises, and then either up the number of sets on squats by a lot (like 5 sets) or up it to three and add another leg workout (this is assuming you don't do leg workouts on other days).

More than anything though, I would say do squats first in your workout, and curls last.
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    bump
  • michelledruss
    michelledruss Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Eating as clean as you can, I upped my protein intake and decreased carbohydrates to see results. I still eat carbs, just after lunch I do not eat any starchy carbs. This is when I started to see more definition in my arms and I got back into my skinny jeans. Oatmeal in the am, sweet potato for lunch and then no other carbs after that except for non starchy veggies. Abs are made in the kitchen:) I am learning this.
  • Fa_Cube_Itch
    Options
    You're doing way too much. Weight training should be 3 days ish a week. Running is fine, but you need to eat up those cals that you're burning from it!

Good luck chica. Add me. I'm trying to gain some muscle!