I just love to eat..pure and simple..does anyone else feel l

Options
I have a very big appetite, and just love to eat.
I kept this idea to myself, until now.
I am surprised that I dont weigh more frankly!
I am in full swing with MFP and diet + working out + water, but does anyone else feel like this..
I'm not talking junk food, I mean a very high quality type of food. Great breads, cheese,wines, coffee,nothing crazy.. and I miss the idea of endulging..because I know I will fall off the wagon
I love food :smile:

Replies

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    does anyone else feel like this.
    heck yeah!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I love food. I just try and remember that there's always a tomorrow to eat more food... FOOOOOOOOOODDD!

Oh and one of my friends was all "Why do you celebrate Thanksgiving?" and I'm all "Cause FOOD is my LIFE!!"
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Just workout a ton, and then you can still eat a lot.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I too love to eat. Don't tell yourself that you can't indulge! You set yourself up for failure. Allow yourself spontaneous indulgences because this has to become a lifestyle. I'm personally not interested in any lifestyle that doesn't include something like a Sonic burger every now and then! If you were to see my diary, I think you'd be amused at it. I love to eat, and I EAT!!
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm learning to be picky about what I'm eating. If I'm going to use up my calorie allowance it had better be worth it. I've actually planned endulgences. At least once a week I go and get myself a great chocolate bar (sugar is my thing). Not what's on sale the really nice stuff. It keeps me from being tempted by average junk food because I know I get the good stuff.
  • missnikkirae
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. Food is one of my favorite things. It just so good.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    That's how most of got here LOL

I love food as well and I shall still indulge myself from time to time with some high quality grub it is a question of portion size for me because I tend to binge. :noway:
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Just workout a ton, and then you can still eat a lot.

This is what I typically do!!! I love food so much I just plan what I want to eat and then make sure I work out enough to breakeven!!!!! Love my food
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I love food. Have since I was a little girl. I stopped ordering kids meals when I was 5. I have always had a hearty appetite and loved a huge variety of foods. Never been picky. One of my favorite things is when I wake up the next day and I log onto MFP and see ALL of my calories are remaining.
  • janeyloveslife
    janeyloveslife Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Totally! It is just easier to say no to chocolate or cookies as just having a little is just too hard :ohwell:
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I love good food too and it is helping me STAY on my weight loss journey. Instead of denying the fact that I love good food, I have made it a part of my program. I set a weight loss goal for myself every week. If I make that goal, I treat myself to a meal at the world's best French Bakery/Bistro. I usually only eat one meal that day and sometimes even then I go over my calories for the day. But because I know that if I cheat during the week and fail to make my goal I will not get my scrumptious Saturday reward, I tend not to cheat. So far so good.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Oh yes.

I have gotten quite selective about what I do with my calories for the day. If it doesn't taste good, I'm not gonna eat it!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I love food. Have since I was a little girl. I stopped ordering kids meals when I was 5. I have always had a hearty appetite and loved a huge variety of foods. Never been picky. One of my favorite things is when I wake up the next day and I log onto MFP and see ALL of my calories are remaining.

I think we were separated at birth . . .and I have a son named Jack too . . . he's almost 8
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That's how most of got here LOL

you read my mind!
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I think i need to workout a ton so I can EAT :) in a good way as well
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Totally with you.

I miss real food. I hate eating healthy stuff. It's been 10 months so I don't know if I will ever get over it. I'm resolved to a life of pining for the good stuff. Being thin/fit is more important to me. But, yeah, it sucks.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I LOVE to eat. At times I tried telling myself that it was all senseless emotional eating.. but I adore sweets [ESPECIALLY gummy bears] and Chinese food. It's hard not eating them every single day, but I think that as long as you set some little mini-goals along the way, you can indulge and get that same feeling of satisfaction.
  • drusso1491
    drusso1491 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i always feel bad when people say they miss real food.... i love food myself thats why i follow the IIFYM (if it fits your macros) style of dieting.. i used it to get ready for my BB competition and it is absolutely amazing... I have such a wide variety in my diet that meets my macronutrient needs as well as my micronutrients... people fail to realize eating "clean" often will void their diets of micronutrients,
    i weigh/measure everything so i know the macros im getting with each meal, no matter if it comes from chicken,chocolate, pizza or icecream :) long as i hit my macro goals im happy.
  • nacs246
    nacs246 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Personally I have found that I can EAT and lose weight so does it really make sense not to eat correctly (Of course treats in moderation and occasionally ) than to starve your self and struggle to get the weight off.
    Yes yes yes I do love food. It is one of my greatest pleasure in life :bigsmile:
  • Quaters
    Quaters Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes i agree to be honest, my favourite is cheese all types nice red wine anything really. At the moment i am tying to stay away from what , tempts me even going out to eat, Lets hope that when we get to our goal weight everything in moderation,in the mean time keep on track .