Replies

• mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Welp, my thighs and buns hurt.
  • mar109
    mar109 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    whoaaaa finished the challenge for today and I am BEAT!!!!! Hahaha just proves how much work I still have to do. Hope everyone is having a great night :wink:
  • jenkamac
    jenkamac Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Whew! Just did it after doing 30 day shred...I didn't realize this would take almost as long! Oh well - first workout in about a week so I really needed it!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Wow I haven't posted in a while! Oops. :/
    Well, update on me, I'm feeling a lot less depressed and am jumping right back on track. Healthy eating and as much exercise as I can. I'm also starting weights in hopes of toning and jacking up my metabolism. Gonna try my best to get these last 15 lbs off before my bday! It's only 7 weeks so it's kind of a stretch, but if I could get within 5 lbs I would be STOKED.

How's everyone else?

Lori - look at that new pic! You're teeny!!
  • mandeiko
    Options
    Done!
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    ok... i managed to do some of the w/o.

100 modified jumping jacks
    90 crunches
    80 squats
    70 scissor kicks
    60 fire hydrants
    the mountain climbers are right out... I did 50 high knee raises
    40 lunges (not overly deep but ...)
    30 wall pushups
    burpees.... what can I say.... I did 2 modified ones. will try to do more later but I am not able to do them now
    walking I'll get done this evening.
  • mandeiko
    Options

90 crunches
    80 squats
    70 scissor kicks
    60 fire hydrants
    30 wall pushups
    burpees.... what can I say.... I did 2 modified ones. will try to do more later but I am not able to do them now

GREAT JOB!!!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options

90 crunches
    80 squats
    70 scissor kicks
    60 fire hydrants
    30 wall pushups

That's awesome that you're at least trying! That's what these challenges are for. Pushing yourself! Keep up the great work!
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options

90 crunches
    80 squats
    70 scissor kicks
    60 fire hydrants
    30 wall pushups

That's awesome! :)

Not gonna lie, this challenge is killing my butt and thighs!
    (ETA: NSV: During this workout I was able to do 5 full good form push-ups on the floor!! the other 25 I had to do on my knees but that is definitely progress! When I started this site at the end of last december I couldn't even do one that wasn't on my knees!)

On a side note, my friend is getting married tonight and I'm bought a new dress and am going all out for it :) Can't wait to post some pics for you guys!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    Hhhhhiiieeee! :)

So i've been looking at a bunch of different challenge ideas, but does anyone have anything they wanna work on specifically? I.e. abs, butt, etc?

Just let me know, otherwise i'll be posting next week's challenge, tomorrow!
    :heart:
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hhhhhiiieeee! :)

So i've been looking at a bunch of different challenge ideas, but does anyone have anything they wanna work on specifically? I.e. abs, butt, etc?

Just let me know, otherwise i'll be posting next week's challenge, tomorrow!

I'm looking to focus on thighs, abs, and upper arms now that I've pretty much met my GW. :) But I am open to other challenges as well! :)
  • iamahealthychick
    Options
    Ok, I will admit I didn't get the challenge done 5 times this week. Hell, I am still sore from last time I did it!! I will do again tomorrow but I did get on the treadmill today and managed to do a faster walking pace for longer, a faster run pace for 2 1/2 min each (x5 or 6... I can 't remember.Let me tell ya... as a big girl, that made me pretty proud! A new time record for me for length of run times)

I pretty much need to work on everything... many times just need more motivation to get off my *kitten* in general.

I am feeling pretty sassy today with the weight loss this week. Not what I hoped for but at least just over 30 lbs total lost now. Headed for my lowest weight in ??? years in another 6.6 lbs. (I lost 50 lbs about 6 years ago and slowly gained most of it back when I stopped walking with the girls. My nemesis weight approaches as I couldn't get below it no matter how much I exercised (but didn't count calories then..))

ETA-can I have the link to the new pic? I seem to still have all of the original names on mine.
  • szimba
    Options
    Ok, I will admit I didn't get the challenge done 5 times this week. Hell, I am still sore from last time I did it!! I will do again tomorrow but I did get on the treadmill today and managed to do a faster walking pace for longer, a faster run pace for 2 1/2 min each (x5 or 6... I can 't remember.Let me tell ya... as a big girl, that made me pretty proud! A new time record for me for length of run times)

I pretty much need to work on everything... many times just need more motivation to get off my *kitten* in general.

I am feeling pretty sassy today with the weight loss this week. Not what I hoped for but at least just over 30 lbs total lost now. Headed for my lowest weight in ??? years in another 6.6 lbs. (I lost 50 lbs about 6 years ago and slowly gained most of it back when I stopped walking with the girls. My nemesis weight approaches as I couldn't get below it no matter how much I exercised (but didn't count calories then..))

ETA-can I have the link to the new pic? I seem to still have all of the original names on mine.

awesome loss and progress!! I'm in a similar boat as you are... i'm about 5lbs away from being below my lowest weight, from when I had lost weight a few years back but slowly started gaining again :( .... but go us! we are definitely moving in the right direction now! :D

Heres the new signature pic thinger: http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/mxnross/skinnydippers3.jpg
  • iamahealthychick
    Options
    @Szimba-Thanks! And yes, we are going in the right direction with the right tools for me this time. I am not anxious, per se, about the nemesis weight but it is in my mind that it's coming up.

I had a lovely NSV last night as my mother was very excited about the weight I have lost and is very supportive of my new lifestyle especially now she sees some results. It was great to hear her give so many compliments. I am hoping that seeing my success that she will start to look at her diet etc and make some changes. Guess we'll have to see! I won't push her. Goodness knows we all have to come to this point on our own!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    It's Sunday pretty ladies, and you know what that means....
    NEW CHALLENGE! :)

I figured since the team challenge was so fun last time, let's do something like that again! There's 12 of us (Jenny is back, and actually needs to be put on the banner!) so I think I'm going to break us up in to 3 groups of 4. I wrote down everyone's names and drew them at random, so the groups are totally mixed up!

Team Seafoam (sorry Ashley :wink: )
    -Me
    -Emma
    -Rebecca
    -Martina

Team Turquoise
    -Melanie
    -Ashley
    -Jenny
    -Sam

Team Lavender
    -Amanda
    -Maxie
    -Lori
    -Sarah

So, now that you know the teams, I guess you'd like to know the actual challenge..
    It's not hard, but it's a numbers game. Whatever team can do the most push ups, crunches, and squats wins! No cheating! ;)
    Just report how many of each you do and i'll keep track of them for you!
    Any questions? Just let me know! The challenge starts tomorrow, so get on it!

• loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options

I figured since the team challenge was so fun last time, let's do something like that again! There's 12 of us (Jenny is back, and actually needs to be put on the banner!) so I think I'm going to break us up in to 3 groups of 4. I wrote down everyone's names and drew them at random, so the groups are totally mixed up!

-Me
    -Emma
    -Rebecca
    -Martina

Team Turquoise
    -Melanie
    -Ashley
    -Jenny
    -Sam

Team Lavender
    -Amanda
    -Maxie
    -Lori
    -Sarah

So, now that you know the teams, I guess you'd like to know the actual challenge..
    It's not hard, but it's a numbers game. Whatever team can do the most push ups, crunches, and squats wins! No cheating! ;)

I am STOKED!! This exactly the motivation I needed to do these types of exercises. Good luck everyone! :)
  • szimba
    Options

-Me
    -Emma
    -Rebecca
    -Martina

Team Turquoise
    -Melanie
    -Ashley
    -Jenny
    -Sam

Team Lavender
    -Amanda
    -Maxie
    -Lori
    -Sarah

Is it going to be the most of all of them combined or most of each workout individually?

Lets go Team Turquoise!
  • mandeiko
    Options

-Me
    -Emma
    -Rebecca
    -Martina

Team Turquoise
    -Melanie
    -Ashley
    -Jenny
    -Sam

Team Lavender
    -Amanda
    -Maxie
    -Lori
    -Sarah

PERFECT!! SO EXCITED!!!!

I did 50 squats throughout the day without knowing the challenge, so put me down for that! I will do 20 pushups tonight before bed. And I will get to work on this more tomorrow!!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    Options
    PERFECT!! SO EXCITED!!!!

I did 50 squats throughout the day without knowing the challenge, so put me down for that! I will do 20 pushups tonight before bed. And I will get to work on this more tomorrow!!

it doesn't start until tomorrow love ;)
    Is it going to be the most of all of them combined or most of each workout individually?

it'll be based on each workout individually! :)
  • mandeiko
    Options
    PERFECT!! SO EXCITED!!!!

it doesn't start until tomorrow love ;)

Poo. Lol :) Okay, I'll bring it tomorrow!