Losing the last 15-20 lbs?

Options

Replies

• mommy2jkserjlja
    Options
    Today I did: Billy Blanks Cardio Inferno for 45 min. Brazilian butt exercise 5 min. and Insanity abs 15 min. :smile:
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm in Manhattan for a while, and am planning a LONG run through Central Park today! I'm especially inspired because the NYC Marathon is going on today as well! Maybe I can just pretend...:tongue: Hello to all the new people on the thread!
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm in Manhattan for a while, and am planning a LONG run through Central Park today!
    Now THAT is dedication! I'm not sure I could get myself to run while out of town lol. Great job :wink:
  • hsh0927
    Options
    Almost done w/ my 5 hrs! I've been walking, running/jogging, and on the elliptical...going to finish it with just over an hour on the Kinect later.
    How is everyone else doing?

PS: I'll have a new challenge posted tomorrow :smile:
  • mommy2jkserjlja
    Options
    I've not gotten in 5 hrs but I have done what I normally do each day: so I'll have 3 hrs in. Butb taking care of my 9 children, 4 of whom are sick.....ya, I'd call that a workout to. :smile:
  • ehwilson
    ehwilson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    5 hours of straight working out????
  • tracyg86
    tracyg86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey. Ive completed the challenge, Ive done 5 hours and 20 minutes.

On Friday

An hour of body combat - 500 calories
    35 minutes of walking

On Saturday

1 Hour and 15 minutes at the gym and doing weight training as well - 381 Calories
    Walking 20 minutes
    Tennis on kinect for 20 minutes - 54 Calories

On Sunday

1 Hour 15 minutes in the gym - 450 Calories
    15 minutes weight training
    20 minutes of tennis on kinect.

So I have to thank you for the challenge because I would not have went to the gym today otherwise. It was completely empty I was the only one in the gym and there were only 2 people in the swimming pool lol
  • Channing
    Options
    Welp, i've gotten 3.5 hours in this weekend, so haven't hit 5, but maybe i'll get some walking in later and count that! On the plus side, i weighed myself this morning and was down a couple pounds!!! I always wait a couple days to log it, in case its a fluctuation, but here's hoping!
  • tracyg86
    Options
    Meant to add in 15 minutes of walking today too.
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i have about 19 pounds to lose so support would be amazing, especially because I have only been on this site for a month and i am pretty new to weight loss. Was content with being bigger for years now. No longer!
  • tracyg86
    Options
    Welcome to the group!
  • hsh0927
    Options
    5 hours of straight working out????

Nope, it was to get 5 total hrs in btwn Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (=
  • hsh0927
    Options
    Hey. Ive completed the challenge, Ive done 5 hours and 20 minutes.

So I have to thank you for the challenge because I would not have went to the gym today otherwise. It was completely empty I was the only one in the gym and there were only 2 people in the swimming pool lol

Great work! and you're welcome :smile: I've always liked working out on the wkends bc the gym is always empty lol
  • hsh0927
    Options
    **NEW Challenge****
    How about we get some sit-ups in this week?
    This challenge will start tomorrow and go through Friday. Monday, start with doing 30 sit ups. For each day after that add 5 or10 (depending on how comftorable you are). By Friday you will be up to 50 or 70 depending on how many you choose to add each day :smile: Feel free to post how many you add and how many you get done each day!
    Who's ready to see some ABS?!?! :wink:
  • mommy2jkserjlja
    Options
    **NEW Challenge****
    How about we get some sit-ups in this week?
    This challenge will start tomorrow and go through Friday. Monday, start with doing 30 sit ups. For each day after that add 5 or10 (depending on how comftorable you are). By Friday you will be up to 50 or 70 depending on how many you choose to add each day :smile: Feel free to post how many you add and how many you get done each day!
    Who's ready to see some ABS?!?! :wink:

I do Insanity's Cardio abs 4 days a week, but I'm game to add this. I'm in. :)
  • tracyg86
    Options
    Ok Im in with this challenge. I dont know how many Ill be able to do but Ill try. Im not much good at sit-ups.
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    If it is not too late, I would like to join.

I currently fluctuate between 144 and 142
    need to be around 122

Sonal
  • jesstiger81
    jesstiger81 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I have been a slacker this weekend! I worked all day Friday and a half day Saturday, at a job where I am on my feet the whole day and walking back and forth a lot. It's a retail store and during the school year (it's a teacher supply store) I am by myself so I do everything. I did go for a 30 minute walk yesterday. I've been slack with exercise the past several weeks so last week I started walking 30 minutes/day. I didn't do this Friday and Saturday because of work.

I am down with the sit-ups! Can we do crunches as well? I am doing mine as soon as I am done with this post.

I also started a HEALTHY cleanse today. You actually end up eating about 1500 calories (you can adjust if needed for your height and weight). The recommendation is to do it for 3 days to kick start weight loss but I am going to do it for at least 4 days. I need to shed some toxins and be unbloated and ready for my bridal portraits next weekend! I probably will do it 4 days this week and 4 days next week. I actually don't know if I will be able to eat all of the food! Here is the plan:

Breakfast
    • 8 oz water with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
    • Scrambled egg whites with chopped fresh herbs (such as basil or oregano), topped with a dollop of salsa, and 1 slice whole-wheat toast, dry
    OR 1 cup cooked oats or cooked oatmeal topped with ½ cup berries or 2 Tbsp nuts
    • 8 oz decaffeinated green or herbal tea

Snack:
    • Sliced apple with 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
    OR 1/3 cup natural trail mix

Lunch
    • 1 cup fresh spinach or lightly sautéed spinach or kale, squeezed with fresh lemon or orange juice
    OR 1 cup asparagus with 1 tsp olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice
    • 4 oz grilled, baked, OR broiled salmon, chicken, OR pork tenderloin, seasoned with spices such as lemon pepper
    • 1/2 cup edamame beans, steamed
    • 8 oz water or decaffeinated green or herbal tea
    • 8 pecan halves

Snack:
    • 1/2 sweet potato OR one citrus fruit (orange or grapefruit)
    • 4 oz low-fat yogurt

Dinner
    • Large spinach or romaine salad with vegetables. Dress with 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil mixed with lemon juice or vinegar (any variety)
    • ½ cup to 1 cup asparagus OR artichoke hearts, steamed
    • 4 oz lean chicken with spices, baked or grilled
    • ½ cup brown rice, barley, bulgur, or quinoa
    • 8 oz water or decaffeinated green or herbal tea

Snack:
    • ¾ cup to 1 cup blueberries
    OR ½ cup pomegranate seeds
    • 4 oz nonfat Greek yogurt
    OR low-fat organic yogurt or low-fat cottage cheese

I am modifying this just slightly because of what I did/did not have available in my grocery store. Basically you eat all of the bullet points, except where you see the OR, then you choose one thing in that bullet point. I'll let everyone know how it goes!! I have been hovering at about 177 so I would love to drop a couple pounds by next weekend.
  • Channing
    Options
    Sit ups here I come! I want some sexy abs in my future!

Jesstiger- that sounds like a fabulous CLEAN menu! I try to eat as clean as possible and always feel better when I do. Wedding portraits sound exciting and super motivating! You can do it!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    If it is not too late, I would like to join.

I currently fluctuate between 144 and 142
    need to be around 122

Sonal

Welcome! That's my current weight and goal weight too.

I'm in for some sit-ups. I think I was 10 minutes short for the challenge this weekend...so close!

Jesstiger--that menu looks GOOD! Yum. I need to get my calories in check b/c I haven't been doing so well with that part lately.