Pregnancy- November 2011

Options

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I started losing weight because I wanted/needed to drop some pounds. But now I just went off my birth control, and am going to wait a few months to "try" until I get back on a regular cycle. Recently I realized I wanted to lose weight also so when I got pregnant I wouldn't reach 200 pounds, and wouldn't add additional weight after. I just am glad I'm in a habit of recording calories, so that when I do get pregnant, I'm not going to pig out and gain 50+ pounds.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I started losing weight because I wanted/needed to drop some pounds. But now I just went off my birth control, and am going to wait a few months to "try" until I get back on a regular cycle. Recently I realized I wanted to lose weight also so when I got pregnant I wouldn't reach 200 pounds, and wouldn't add additional weight after. I just am glad I'm in a habit of recording calories, so that when I do get pregnant, I'm not going to pig out and gain 50+ pounds.

Good luck, chickybuns! My gain goal has been 35 lbs this pregnancy. My first 2 full term pregnancies were a gain of 50 lbs and then 65 lbs, so this is quite the accomplishment for me. Gained 30 of my 35 lbs so far.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Good job on your lower weight gain this pregnancy. We have similar goals I think. I was about 173 at my heaviest, am now 157 and want to be down to 150 or a little under before I get pregnant. I see you're getting so close, I bet you're excited and ready :)
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Thank you. Good job on your lower weight gain this pregnancy. We have similar goals I think. I was about 173 at my heaviest, am now 157 and want to be down to 150 or a little under before I get pregnant. I see you're getting so close, I bet you're excited and ready :)

I'm not "ready", but I'm excited. This will be my last baby, so that's why I say I'm not ready. lol I know I'll miss it. I could go into labor at any time now. Good luck on the remainder of your weight loss goal and your pregnancy gain goal too. I didn't know if I could stick with it in the first trimester because I was so hungry that I'd wolf down food and not give my stomach time to tell my brain I'm full and I'd eat too much. So be careful not to get ravenously hungry so that doesn't happen. :)
  • R_mageddon
    R_mageddon Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Phew! I finally made it over to the November thread.
  • chelledmal
    chelledmal Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    MissConfidence- Congratulations! We are all certainly here for lots of support! You've joined the right group of ladies! Hope you are getting some rest. The first trimester kills all my energy too.

FitForMommaLuv- Ultrasounds are the best aren't they!?

Kristy- I'm glad you've over the morning sickness now! I know what a relief that is. You're almost half way finished! Yay! And great job on your weight gain so far. Keep up the great work.

Scorpiomom- Looking great! and so close! I'm excited for you. I was never able to figure out how to check myself because my cervix is really in a weird spot, but hopefully that doesn't mean too much longer for you!

Sandi- Only a little more than a month to find out the gender? So exciting! Do you have any "gut" feelings?

Jalyner- You're so pretty!

Julia- Good idea! Water weight isn't comfortable, but hopefully it'll get better once you reach your second trimester.

Kim- I've had bouts of no appetite quite often through pregnancy. I think what's worse is when I'm starving but can only eat like 5 bites before I feel full! No babymoon for us, but it's sounds like a fun idea! Oh! And welcome to your second trimester!

Elizabeth- you're getting closerrrrr! Here's to hoping these last few weeks fly by for you! Luckily there are some holidays right around the corner to help! As for getting baby to flip, alot don't even flip until 38-40 weeks. Like mentioned...try spinningbabies.com. Mine never ended up flipping, but the exercises I tried was the one on all fours where you lift your spine up and down like a cat and funny as it is, my midwife had me take the ironing board and lean it up against the couch at an angle and lay there for about 10 minutes a day. haha! I ended deciding to do an external version because of my wishes for a homebirth and obviously a c/s was out of the question for me!

Stacy- 34 weeks? Awesome! Almost holding your baby! How have you been feeling?

R_mageddon- Glad you could join us for November! Welcome to your second trimester!

Welcome to all the newbies! Maybe since we've got a whole new bunch, we should do a little "about me" survey to get everyone's names? Good luck to those of you TTC and loosing weight!

I am feeling GREAT! Today is my 22nd birthday and I'm 27weeks with sweet baby Joel. I'm measuring on schedule and my weight gain is 7lbs so far. That's so much better than last pregnancy at this point! I'm definitely hoping NOT to gain 40lbs this time haha! Let's keep these boards moving! It's been kinda slow lately!

Name: Michelle
    Job title: I call myself a domestic engineer! Specializing in childbearing and household management! haha!
    Marital status: married for almost 3 years to my wonderful husband, David
    Due date: February 5, 2012 expecting our second son, Joel
    Number of children: 1 son, Ethan 16months old
    Planned or surprise pregnancy: This time it was planned
    Pregnancy symptoms so far: Compared to my last, this pregnancy has been so much easier. I was only REALLY nauseated for 6 weeks-ish and got most of my energy back around 15 weeks. Very mild constipation (TMI? it said list the symptoms!) A few leg cramps(Thank God for my chiropractor!) and my ears have been stopped up and draining. My all time least favorite pregnancy symptom has definitely been the bionic nose accompanied with gagging.
  • maryshack
    maryshack Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea mdbibb89 !
    Name: Mary
    Job Title: RN
    Martial Status: Married for 2 years to a great guy and my best friend!!
    Kids: None yet, but Im off my BC and hopeful that I will have some good news sooner rather then later!
    I really like the idea of having others to chat with who have already experienced these things and those who are also TTC!
  • mommy2squish
    mommy2squish Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Name: Serena
    Job title: SAHM and RN as soon as I pass the state boards.
    Marital status: Married just celebrated 2 years in October
    Due date: TTC
    Number of children: 1 son, RJ 15 months old
    Planned or surprise pregnancy: TTC, RJ was planned and my pregnancy before him that ended in miscarriage was planned
    Pregnancy symptoms so far: None hoping they start soon
  • chelledmal
    chelledmal Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Oh! and it also helps to put your first name in your automatic signature so when you post, everyone knows it's you!
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Name: Elizabeth
    Job title: mommy, full time senior vault generalist at a credit card company,Lpn student
    Marital status: Married
    Due date: January 4th, 2012
    Number of children: 1 daughter Allison 22 months old
    Planned or surprise pregnancy: Surprise
    Pregnancy symptoms so far: Backaches, uncomfortable and wanting to eat everything : )
  • FitMommyLuv
    Options
    NAME: Holly :flowerforyou:
    JOB TITLE: I'm a happy&proud stay at home Mommy&Wifey
    MARTIAL STATUS: I've been happily married to my hubby since 2005 :love:
    DUE DATE: May 2012
    # OF CHILDREN: .2 pretty little girls,1 handsome little boy, and 1 unborn baby on the way!
    PLANNED OR SURPRISE PREGNANCY: PLANNED
    PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS SO FAR: enough that fill up the page LOL.:laugh:
  • R_mageddon
    R_mageddon Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Name: Brenda
    Job title: Business Development Manager
    Marital status: Common law/Married
    Due date: May 2nd, 2012
    Number of children: this is our first
    Planned or surprise pregnancy: A little of both
    Pregnancy symptoms so far: a LOT of nausea & fatigue, headaches
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Name: Becky
    Job title: stay at home mom, aspiring midwife
    Due date: November 21st, 2011
    Number of children: 1 boy(Michael-4.5yrs) 1 girl(Casey-2yrs)
    Planned or surprise pregnancy: Surprise
    Pregnancy symptoms so far: pressure in pelvis, nesting, achy back
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Name: Amy
    Job title: Registration for Kaiser Permanente
    Due date: May 6,2012
    Number of children: Son-Bryce, 16 and in the ASD, Son-Owen, 8yr
    Planned or surprise pregnancy: Planned
    Pregnancy symptoms so far: All day nausea and complete lack of appetite, still!
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Name: Jessica
    Job Title: Stay at Home Mom / Photographer
    Martial Status: Married for 3 years
    Due Date: 12/17/11
    Kids: 1 son who will be 3 in December
    Planned/Surprise: Totally planned, tried for over a year!

40 days left to go!
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Welcome (and good luck) to all the new-comers!
    Mdbibb-thank you for the nice compliment and great idea on getting to know each other better.

Here's mine:

Name: Jalyn (pronounced juh-lynn)
    Location: Gulfport, MS (I'm originally from Idaho, but hubby is from here)
    Job title: 8th grade Pre-Algebra and Science SPED teacher.
    Marital status: married for two years come February to Bryce, my best friend.
    Due date: July 4th, 2012!
    Number of children: None yet. (Do I count my miscarriage as child?)
    Planned or surprise pregnancy: Planned. :smile:
    Pregnancy symptoms so far: congestion, forgetfulness, constipation (sorry if that's TMI!), dizziness, and extreme fatigue. So far no need to vomit. :) Count my blessings, right?
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    So Glad to see some action! Welcome to the newbies! It's very nice to "meet" everyone!

Name: Kim
    Job title: Dance Administrative Assistant at the Detroit Opera House
    Marital status: married for two years to my best friend Ben.:love:
    Due date: May 5th, 2012 :bigsmile:
    Number of children: This is our first.
    Planned or surprise pregnancy: Planned. Tried for 1.5 years after Depo Shot...not fun.
    Pregnancy symptoms so far: little nausea, runny nose, mild fatigue, and headaches (a terrible one right now):frown:

For those that know "what" you are having...How many weeks were you when you found out? Just curious...
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Michelle, I'm glad I'm not the baby of the bunch. LOL I didn't see anyone else my age or younger until I saw the thing you posted and I was starting to panic. :blushing:
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Michelle~ I like “Domestic Engineer”!

Mary~ Best of luck in your TTC adventure. It took us over a year to make it happen because of the DEPO shot. Keep faith and we’re here when you need.

Serena~ Happy (late) Anniversary!

Elizabeth~ My birthday is Jan. 5th! Yay Capricorn baby!

Holly~ Yay for another May Baby! Are you hoping for a boy or a girl? I see you already have 2 girls and 1 boy, do you want to even up the count? LOL

Brenda~ I’m right there with you and the headaches. My head is pounding right now.

Becky~ Do you know what you are having?

Amy~ Yay May! I’ve been loosing my appetite too. (Not due to nausea though) Glad to hear I’m not the only one.

Jessica~ 2 December babies! That makes a busy month for your family. Yay only 40 more days!

Jalyn~ July 4th! How fun!

Anyone planning, or already taken, a babymoon? Just curious…
  • FitMommyLuv
    Options
    KCurtis05->you aren't the 1st person to ask that lol.:bigsmile:
    I really dont have a gender perference at this point.However i do believe i'm carrying a girl!!!