Pre-New Years challenge!

Options

Replies

• MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! I want to start getting into races, When I go to Colorado I am thinking about doing the tough mudder challenge in June. Congrats you did awesome!
  • sundance2032
    sundance2032 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    It went well!! I ran 3.6 miles, which is the furthest I've been able to go. I did it in 39 mins, which isn't the greatest time for me, but the course was super hilly! It was a race to support a foundation established after one of our football players passed away. His mom was at the finish line thanking everybody. It had a turn out of 500+ people. It was amazing to see.

What a great reason to have a race and his mom being there gives me chills. You are a great person for supporting them.

also congrats on the miles :) Me and my daughter(she is 4) are doing the race for the cure next week. we are going with 4 other of our friends so it will be more of a jog/walk kind of a thing.
  • rlf58
    rlf58 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support y'all! Good luck to you both on your races!! Hope y'all are having an amazing week!
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    Options
    Hows everyone doing with this weeks challenge?! I've somehow have managed to do it everyday this week! Hopefully this motivation sticks! I already have some ideas for next week! Have a nice weekend! :heart:
  • smertler
    Options
    Hey, I'm sortof new to MFP and would love to join a challenge as I am lacking motivation!

Name: Sammy Kay
    Current W: 212.2lbs
    Pre-New Years goal: To lose at LEAST 10lbs by New Years Eve!
    Measurements: Neck-14; Waist-47; Hips-45n; Calf 15in; Thigh-27.5; Arm-14in;Wrist-6in

Exercise goals to get on the treadmill everyday for 30 min.

or whatever other challenges you throw my way :)

2653858.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • h0ck3ym0m
    Options
    Here are my week 2 numbers
    weight 189
    My measurements are
    neck 13.25
    chest 44
    biceps 14
    forearms 9.5
    wrist 6.5
    waist 39
    hips 46.5
    thighs 23
    calves 16.5

I got no extra points for the challenge. My goal for next week is to exercise everyday...even if I am too tired after work.
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    Options
    Last day to get those numbers up, hows everyone feeling?!?! :wink:
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Not a good week for me, My daughter got her shots, then ran a fever for over a day, so I couldn't take her to the gym with me. So, therefore I couldn't go to the gym :frown: Then she got sick Thursday, and guess what no gym LOL, As a positive note, I went Friday :smile: when my husband took the day off. Then the worst thing has happened, now I'm sick :sad: I feel horrible, I don't want to move... With all that here's my weeks progress or not .... I'll turn it in now, since I may not be able to move to the computer later or tomorrow!!
    CW --149
    Neck-13
    Waist-31 ( not good went up), no doubt due to all the halloween candy and pms
    Hips-36 ( went up too, uhoh, no more halloween candy)
    Thighs-21 ( cant believe it, they actually went down :))
    Calves- 14
    Arm- Bicep - 11
    Wrist --6

Hoping for a much better week, this time :)
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Not a good week for me, My daughter got her shots, then ran a fever for over a day, so I couldn't take her to the gym with me. So, therefore I couldn't go to the gym :frown: Then she got sick Thursday, and guess what no gym LOL, As a positive note, I went Friday :smile: when my husband took the day off. Then the worst thing has happened, now I'm sick :sad: I feel horrible, I don't want to move... With all that here's my weeks progress or not .... I'll turn it in now, since I may not be able to move to the computer later or tomorrow!!
    CW --149
    Neck-13
    Waist-31 ( not good went up), no doubt due to all the halloween candy and pms
    Hips-36 ( went up too, uhoh, no more halloween candy)
    Thighs-21 ( cant believe it, they actually went down :))
    Calves- 14
    Arm- Bicep - 11
    Wrist --6

Hoping for a much better week, this time :)

OOpps -- Challenges I managed to get it in for 2 days( sit up etc ), and 2 miles of road biking
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Week 2 number is 196. Starting weight was 200 and stayed the same last week. Didn't get to workout so much this weekend due to work. Hopefully next week will be better.
  • sundance2032
    sundance2032 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Weight: 149.2
    Measurements: Neck-13in; Waist-34.5in; Hips-41in; Calves-29in; Upper arms-22in; Wrists-x13in; Thighs-46in
    Days accomplished: 5/7
    Total Pushups: 160
    Total situps: 333
    Total Body squats: 212
    Total miles: 12/14
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    Options
    Everyone please keep sending your numbers in so I can get the points tallied! Heres the next challenge!

This weeks challenge will be the big burn!

Basically its a cardio challenge. The goal is to burn 3500 calories or more in a week. You only need to burn 500 calories a day to meet the quota! So get out there and burn baby burn! :laugh:

Next Monday please turn in your results in the following format:

Weight:
    Mon: (calories burned, exercises done)
    Tues: (calories burned, exercises done)
    Wed: (calories burned, exercises done)
    Thurs: (calories burned, exercises done)
    Fri: (calories burned, exercises done)
    Sat: (calories burned, exercises done)
    Sun:)calories burned, exercises done)
    Total:

******************************************************************************************************************************************

My week one challenge totals:
    weight:153.6
    Measurements: Neck-13in; Waist-31in; Hips-36in; Calves-14in; Upper arms-12in; Wrists-6in; Thighs-22in.
    Weekly Challenge: days-6/7 miles 10/14 su-840 pu-400- bs-910
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    Options
    Everyone please keep sending your numbers in so I can get the points tallied! Heres the next challenge!

This weeks challenge will be the big burn!

Basically its a cardio challenge. The goal is to burn 3500 calories or more in a week. You only need to burn 500 calories a day to meet the quota! So get out there and burn baby burn! :laugh:

Next Monday please turn in your results in the following format:

Weight:
    Mon: (calories burned, exercises done)
    Tues: (calories burned, exercises done)
    Wed: (calories burned, exercises done)
    Thurs: (calories burned, exercises done)
    Fri: (calories burned, exercises done)
    Sat: (calories burned, exercises done)
    Sun:)calories burned, exercises done)
    Total:

******************************************************************************************************************************************

weight:154
    Measurements: Neck-13in; Waist-31in; Hips-36in; Calves-14in; Upper arms-12in; Wrists-6in; Thighs-22in.
    Weekly Challenge: days-6/7 miles 10/14 su-840 pu-400- bs-910
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ok, Ok i havent managed to keep on top of tracking my figures this week! And i feel awful, but i think the new challenge will be a good one for me this week! The 30DS dvd counts as cardio right? Might do two levels back to back each day!

No change in measurements for me!

xx
  • Biggipooh
    Options
    Week 2: 151 lbs (no change). I guess, I am stuck with that weight. Maybe more cardio this week helps.
  • rlf58
    rlf58 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This week I lost some weight! Lost 1/2 in in my hips, but gained 1/2" in my thighs :(

CW: 140.2
    Measurements: Neck: 12.25in, Waist: 30 in, Hips: 36.5 in, Calves 13.5in, Arms 11 in, Wrists: 6.5 in, Thighs: 19 in.
    Days: 6/7
    Total pushups: 456 ( these should not be counted- I did a modified push up with my knees bent)
    Total situps: 346
    Total squats: 585
    Total miles: 16/14 :)

Looking forward to this week's challenge! Good luck to everyone!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am a little late!

Week 1 Results:
    CW: 142.0
    Measurements: Neck: 12in, Waist: 30 in, Hips: 37 in, Calves 13.5in, Arms 11 in, Wrists: 6 in, Thighs: 24 in.

Workout Days: 6/7
    Total pushups: 60 Regular and 100 modified
    Total situps: 271
    Total squats: 421
    Total miles: 18/14
  • cdomoe
    cdomoe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    weight:174.6
    Measurements: Neck-14in; Waist-37in; Hips-41in; Calves-13in; Upper arms-12.5 in; Wrists-6in; Thighs-22.5in.
    Weekly Challenge: days-5/7 miles 7/14 su-540 pu-200- bs-538

hey team so this week was hard. i ended up getting the stomach flu in the middle of the week which stopped me from even getting out of bed than PMS in the end of the week makes me slow. next week will be better,,, much better!
  • Momma2fourunder5
    Momma2fourunder5 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Week 2
    Measurements: Neck-14, Waist - 39, Hips - 47, Calf - 15.5, Thigh - 23, Bicep - 13, Wrist - 7
    Weight: 213.2
    Measurements: Neck-14in; Waist-39in; Hips-46.5in; Calves-15.5in; Upper arms-13in; Wrists-7in; Thighs-23in
    Days accomplished: 5/7
    Total Pushups: 124
    Total situps: 580
    Total Body squats: 320
    Total miles: 14/14

Really hoping this weeks cardio challenge will help lose weight faster!!! Great job everyone!!!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I have to post a mid-week update so I dont forget my calorie totals:

Monday: Trail Run 73mins
    922 cals
    Tuesday: p90x 75mins
    425 cals
    Wednesday: Trail Run 42mins
    502 cals

Total to Wed
    1849 cals