All the answers...!

Options

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Bcatts, Lyle's knowledge and information is for anyone that is into nutrition, dieting, and/or fitness.

Yep... It's all about being healthy. Whether you're gaining or losing, lifting or running... lots of good info.
  • CarlyC08
    Options
    bump
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Bcatts, Lyle's knowledge and information is for anyone that is into nutrition, dieting, and/or fitness.

Yep... It's all about being healthy. Whether you're gaining or losing, lifting or running... lots of good info.

And certainly not just low carb
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

And certainly not just low carb

Definitely not!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Lyle is a great source of information.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Got turned onto him a little while ago and have been going through his stuff. An absolute wealth of information there. Good on you for sharing.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    At work now so not much time to read, but I will check it out later. I didn't see any listing of credentials on the site. I googled him and again it didn't list any, but said he was "the authority on sports nutrition and more specifically low- carbohydrate dieting". Since I'm not an athlete and don't eat low-carb I'm not sure how much relavence any of it will have for me though.

If you are human,it applies. Period.

I'm not sure why you have this hang up thinking that what applies for atheles does not apply for the average joe/jane.

All of the same stuff applies, just scaled to your size.
  • Leviram
    Options
    bump to keep in my topics
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Alan Aragon and Martin Berkan are both great as well.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    saving for later
    Options

I have been quoting them too. Couldn't agree more!
  • LickyNees
    LickyNees Posts: 101 Member
    Options

agreed.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    At work now so not much time to read, but I will check it out later. I didn't see any listing of credentials on the site. I googled him and again it didn't list any, but said he was "the authority on sports nutrition and more specifically low- carbohydrate dieting". Since I'm not an athlete and don't eat low-carb I'm not sure how much relavence any of it will have for me though.

He lists studies to back up his claims. In addition to verifying his own credentials you should verify those of the studies he cites. I'll admit I didn't do an exhaustive validity check, but what I did look at was satisfactory to me.

And as other people have said, just because you're not an athlete doesn't mean the information won't help you.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

agreed.

Ditto
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    bumpity for later reading pleasure
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    16164864367061766318.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

Sorry, can't see that at work either. Most pics are blocked.
  • bcattoes
    Options

I'm not sure why you have this hang up thinking that what applies for atheles does not apply for the average joe/jane.

I know that athletes have different nutritional needs than a 50 yo woman that sits at desk for 8-10 hours a day 5-6 days a week. And I know I have no interest in a low carb diet. because I know it's not necessary for my health or weight loss. I wasn't aware knowing those things was a "hang up".
  • bcattoes
    Options

That's cool. As I said, I know nothing at all about him or the site. It was just a quote from an interview I got with a quick Google search. I'll check it out later.
    Options

I know that athletes have different nutritional needs than a 50 yo woman that sits at desk for 8-10 hours a day 5-6 days a week. And I know I have no interest in a low carb diet. because I know it's not necessary for my health or weight loss. I wasn't aware knowing those things was a "hang up".

He really isn't all about low carb diets i promise you that. You will see later :]
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    ty OP looks like a great read, bumping for latter