Moms on the Move Group 9 (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I think it will shock no one to know that my weight is exactly the same.... :grumble:
  • joimichele
    Options
    121 today, also joimichele my baby is 11 months old, I guess shes not a baby for much longer :(
    They are babies until they hit puberty! :happy:
  • joimichele
    Options
    I think it will shock no one to know that my weight is exactly the same.... :grumble:
    I'm shocked! I'm shocked it didn't go down! I think I need to investigate your scale :angry: I think it is broke!
  • joimichele
    Options
    Woo hoo!! Any big plans for your birthday? You deserve a celebration meal and definitely some cake. :flowerforyou:

I have Just Dance 2 for the Wii. It's tons of fun and a good calorie burner. Just Dance 3 just came out. I also have Wii Zumba. I havent really gotten into it, but I hear people love it and have lost a lot of weight with it. I think I just need to give it another chance. I've heard good things about EA Active Sports. That may be my next game purchase.

What about everyone else? What winter workouts will you do?
    I recently joined the YMCA for the winter. Plus, I plan to invest in some Wii fitness games. Hopefully, it's fun. Dc, what does your daily food diary consist of? Like what's a typical day of meals for you? Swimmom and Leigh feel free to share also.
  • joimichele
    Options
    Hi everyone! How is it going? Well, I only have one goal for this week. I plan to stay the heck away from the scale. Yes, I admit, I am addicted to my scale. My plan is to stay away from it for the next two weigh ins. So, my weight will stay the same two weeks straight. I am also wishes all this Halloween candy would run away from home :devil: I munch too much!
  • joimichele
    Options
    Hi everyone! How is it going? Well, I only have one goal for this week. I plan to stay the heck away from the scale. Yes, I admit, I am addicted to my scale. My plan is to stay away from it for the next two weigh ins. So, my weight will stay the same two weeks straight. I am also wishing for all of my son's this Halloween candy would run away from home :devil: I munch to much!
    By the way, dc reached her goal weight! I am so happy for you! I am impressed! Any words or advice? I'm so happy you didn't give up! Do you plan to post pics?
  • joimichele
    Options
    Oh! Swimmom only has one pound to lose to reach her goal weight! Come on! You can do it!
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    I want to keep running through the winter. I have a treadmill at my house so I can keep going well into the snowy days of January and February. My goal is to maintain 20-25 miles a week which I should be able to do if I can run 4 -5 times per week. I won't be doing any long runs (over 6 miles) because I cannot do more than that on a treadmill (it is WAY TOO BORING) but will start running outside again in March. I hope to do another 1/2 marathon in April. I also want to finally tackle and finish the 30 Day Shred. I won't do it in 30 days because of the running, but will try to work it in 3 or 4 times a week so will finish in about 10 weeks. After that, I will move on to a different video, maybe another Jillian... don't have that worked out yet... hoping Santa brings me something good. I would also like to try to work yoga more consistently into my routine. I am extremely inflexible and think it would help me recover from some of my long runs if my muscles were a bit more elastic than they currently are. I also have a gym membership and try to go at least twice a week. I usually negotiate one week night that my husband will have kid duty and I can hit the gym before coming home from work and then I try to go one day on the weekends. They have a great "daycare" option at the gym so I can take the kids with me.
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi group 9. I have an NSV I have to share ... just too excited to keep it to myself. :laugh:

Today I ran 3.41 miles without stopping! I would have kept going if I didn't have to pick my son up from preschool.
    Leigh, I'm so ready for the Turkey Trot. Yippee!!

Joimichele, my typical weekday is around 1200 calories and I strive to burn at least 300 calories. I haven't been eating my exercise calories. However, I almost always go over my calories on the weekends. I'm not sure if my body thinks I'm zig zagging, but I find it's just too hard to stay within my calories with the different things going on during the weekend. I struggle to control my sugar and sodium intake. I go over my limits every single day. I seem to lose pounds when I watch my sodium and drink lots of water.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    Susie.... so exciting that your running is going well!!! I saw your stats when your workout posted and figured you had done at least 3 miles... nice job!
  • joimichele
    Options
    I want to keep running through the winter. I have a treadmill at my house so I can keep going well into the snowy days of January and February. My goal is to maintain 20-25 miles a week which I should be able to do if I can run 4 -5 times per week. I won't be doing any long runs (over 6 miles) because I cannot do more than that on a treadmill (it is WAY TOO BORING) but will start running outside again in March. I hope to do another 1/2 marathon in April. I also want to finally tackle and finish the 30 Day Shred. I won't do it in 30 days because of the running, but will try to work it in 3 or 4 times a week so will finish in about 10 weeks. After that, I will move on to a different video, maybe another Jillian... don't have that worked out yet... hoping Santa brings me something good. I would also like to try to work yoga more consistently into my routine. I am extremely inflexible and think it would help me recover from some of my long runs if my muscles were a bit more elastic than they currently are. I also have a gym membership and try to go at least twice a week. I usually negotiate one week night that my husband will have kid duty and I can hit the gym before coming home from work and then I try to go one day on the weekends. They have a great "daycare" option at the gym so I can take the kids with me.
    Wow! You have a great plan! Good luck! Let me know how it goes with Jillian! You have all the corners covered. How often do you go to the gym now? The treadmill is extremely boring! All I feel is sadness when it's time for me to run lol.
  • joimichele
    Options
    Hi group 9. I have an NSV I have to share ... just too excited to keep it to myself. :laugh:

Today I ran 3.41 miles without stopping! I would have kept going if I didn't have to pick my son up from preschool.
    Leigh, I'm so ready for the Turkey Trot. Yippee!!

Joimichele, my typical weekday is around 1200 calories and I strive to burn at least 300 calories. I haven't been eating my exercise calories. However, I almost always go over my calories on the weekends. I'm not sure if my body thinks I'm zig zagging, but I find it's just too hard to stay within my calories with the different things going on during the weekend. I struggle to control my sugar and sodium intake. I go over my limits every single day. I seem to lose pounds when I watch my sodium and drink lots of water.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Wow! 3 miles?! That's impressive! Congrats! About how many minutes is that? The sugar is the hardest one for me. It seems like everything is loaded with sugar. Do you have a new weight goal now? Or are you just maintaining?
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    I'm very sad to say that I have had to give myself a bit of a break from running... ever since the 10K I did a week ago ( 2 weeks after the 1/2 marathon), I've had a terrible cramp in my left leg. I've been giving it a few days to work itself out and then running again, but I just seem to keep aggrevating it over and over again. It has been so painful at times that I've had to limp while walking... On Wednesday I hit the treadmill at the gym and after 2.5 miles I had to stop. My leg hurt so much I could barely walk... and that was when I realized that I probably need to give myself at least a week to let myself heal before trying to run again :cry: I havent' worked out at all since Wednesday - and I have to say that my leg seems to be feeling much better - but to be on the safe side I am going to try Jillian's Yoga Meltdown this week instead of running or 30 day shred. I'm thinking this will give me a decent workout without putting a lot of stress on my leg. (I have only watched the video, not actually done it yet so if any of you have any feedback, I'd love to hear) On Thursday I will go to the gym in the evening and give the elliptical a try. If I can get through that without causing my leg to cramp back up, I'll try going for a short run, 3 miles or so, next weekend. If not, I guess I'll stick to yoga until my leg can pass the elliptical test... wish me luck... I think I need it :tongue:
  • swimmom2
    Options
    Well thanks to trick or treating and my daughters 1st birthday party i am not weighing in!!! I am to scared lol sorry so my weight will be 121 again!!!! But thankfully all my favorite candies are gone !! Also any tips for emotional/boredom eating?? I am horrible with this lately :(
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Leigh, I know how frustrating it must be to take a break from running. You've been going strong for so many weeks. This break might be good for your plateau since your body is conditioned to running. Yoga will be wonderful. Maybe take this week to work on some upper body and core strength training and calisthenics too? I have to remind myself to include more strength training in my workouts. I get so focused on the cardio. Good luck to you. You'll be back on your feet soon!

Swimmom ... I am also an emotional eater and a stress eater. Right now, I'm dealing with some stressful work deadlines and I can't stop snacking. All I want is snacky, processed stuff. Yuck, I know. So, I could use a few tips too. lol. Since Halloween, I've been horrible with my food choices. I'm a little worried about Thanksgiving and Christmas. I know I'll be surrounded by temptation.

Joimichele, I don't think I'm ready for maintenance yet. My weight keeps fluctuating up and down the same 1.5 lbs. Is it true that it takes 3500 calories to gain 1 pound? I can gain a pound or more overnight without eating that many calories. What gives?
  • joimichele
    Options
    I'm very sad to say that I have had to give myself a bit of a break from running... ever since the 10K I did a week ago ( 2 weeks after the 1/2 marathon), I've had a terrible cramp in my left leg. I've been giving it a few days to work itself out and then running again, but I just seem to keep aggrevating it over and over again. It has been so painful at times that I've had to limp while walking... On Wednesday I hit the treadmill at the gym and after 2.5 miles I had to stop. My leg hurt so much I could barely walk... and that was when I realized that I probably need to give myself at least a week to let myself heal before trying to run again :cry: I havent' worked out at all since Wednesday - and I have to say that my leg seems to be feeling much better - but to be on the safe side I am going to try Jillian's Yoga Meltdown this week instead of running or 30 day shred. I'm thinking this will give me a decent workout without putting a lot of stress on my leg. (I have only watched the video, not actually done it yet so if any of you have any feedback, I'd love to hear) On Thursday I will go to the gym in the evening and give the elliptical a try. If I can get throug
    h that without causing my leg to cramp back up, I'll try going for a short run, 3 miles or so, next weekend. If not, I guess I'll stick to yoga until my leg can pass the elliptical test... wish me luck... I think I need it :tongue:
    What! I missed the race?! I have been waiting for you to que us on when it was coming up. Maybe not running and trying something new will get you out the 130s! The best thing is not keep aggravating your leg and turn the problem into a long term issue. How did the yoga go? That's funny you watched the video. I did that once with the shred! Good luck!
  • joimichele
    Options
    Well thanks to trick or treating and my daughters 1st birthday party i am not weighing in!!! I am to scared lol sorry so my weight will be 121 again!!!! But thankfully all my favorite candies are gone !! Also any tips for emotional/boredom eating?? I am horrible with this lately :(
    Ha ha! Same here! Now that all the good candy is gone, I can officially stay away from it! I eat when I am bored also. When I look at the kitchen I think about food and talk myself into eating something. I'm not hungry but I still snack. I think the key is......don't get bored or chew gum. I really don't know. I'm going to try reading the next time I get bored. If it is a good book, I can read for hours! Happy birthday to your little one!
  • Leigh_b
    Options
    What! I missed the race?! I have been waiting for you to que us on when it was coming up. Maybe not running and trying something new will get you out the 130s! The best thing is not keep aggravating your leg and turn the problem into a long term issue. How did the yoga go? That's funny you watched the video. I did that once with the shred! Good luck!

Yes... the 1/2 marathon was on October 16th... which was a Sunday so probably why you missed the posting... I did in 2 hrs 31 mins and 04 secs... ran in two countries (US and Canada) and did not walk one step between the start and the finish. I followed it up with a 10K two weeks later (leg cramp story above) and have another 10K scheduled for Thanksgiving morning... then I'll probably pack up my outdoor running until March... but plan to do another 1/2 in April.

The yoga seems to be going well. I did it yesterday morning and am pretty sore today so I know I was working... I skipped Jillian's "Meltdown" this morning and will do a more relaxing/traditional yoga video this evening. I'll go back to the Meltdown tomorrow morning and depending on how it goes probably Thursday and Friday too.
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    Come visit our main topic thread and find out which Hot Mom has reached her goal weight! (She's in your group, so you probably already know. :tongue: )

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357225-hot-moms-closed-group-7-18-to-12-31?page=7#posts-5336288
  • swimmom2
    Options
    Sorry ladies once again to scared to get on the scale! I really need to change something, really with the holidays coming! I am so awful with stress eating right now, my grandmother has a limited time left and is in really bad shape and my 7 year old cousin has been battling cancer since she was 19 months old, and she has been through every chemo available and her cancer keeps coming back and now its wrapped around vital organs and there is nothing left to do to help her :( So i just stress eat and I feel horrible!

So I think I am going to start drinking water and see if this helps I am embarrassed to admit I only drink diet pop, also going to try to keep gum with me at all times! Thanks for letting me vent ladies!!!!!!!!!!