shake weight

Options

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    And and ya know most people wouldnt talk like that to your face.
    I certainly would, but I'm a jerk.
  • killagb
    Options
    ...i havent tried it yet. it was just a question.
    Like I said... Walmart will give you your money back. It's not too late.

Im not scared to try it, thanks.
    You will make a great girlfriend for some lucky man.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

One of the points here was that this thing is terribly inefficent in accomplishing anything towards your goal. No one is challenging your courage. But perhaps your logic. ie.. lifing an actual weight thoughout your range of motion is going to benefit you alot more vs whatever you do with this thing. Did you read the article I posted. If you did, and you still feel this way, so be it and good luck
  • Mechel79
    Mechel79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wow- watching threads like this make me never want to ask a question on here!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Yeah your cool Scott. and Jeff i havent tried it yet. it was just a question.

It's because of my shake weight
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Even after you try it, and get some giggles from the instructional DVD with the German guy that keeps looking off camera and pretending to exert himself -- Walmart will gladly take it back, and return your money.
  • misty_gene2005
    misty_gene2005 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

yep and that was my mistake..
  • killagb
    Options

That, and missing the South Park episode where they covered this.
  • misty_gene2005
    Options

One of the points here was that this thing is terribly inefficent in accomplishing anything towards your goal. No one is challenging your courage. But perhaps your logic. ie.. lifing an actual weight thoughout your range of motion is going to benefit you alot more vs whatever you do with this thing. Did you read the article I posted. If you did, and you still feel this way, so be it and good luck

I dotn have any weights or a gym membership. and no, i didnt read the article.
  • MsCNicholleD
    Options
    These posts are cracking me up! Although I can see how some of them can be considered mean. I've been de-sensitized by years of watching Family Guy so I don't find anything offensive.

As for the OP, regardless of what people think (and I can't lie, I, too, think it is useless, but that has nothing to do with your question), you can log it under strength training if you want since that's what is claims to accomplish. If it works for you, then fabulous. If it doesn't, then I wouldn't be surprised and just take it as a learning experience. Just don't let anybody get you down, honey. Good luck. :)
  • misty_gene2005
    Options

I saw it.
  • killagb
    Options

I saw it.
    Huh. Ok. Color me intrigued and I will now go get popcorn.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I saw it.
    Hilarious, huh?

If I had $20, I would opt for some simple free weights (yard sales and craigslist can offer some screaming deals) and find some free web strength training tutorials. The search feature here is great for researching program recommendations.
  • Scott613
    Options

I saw it.

I wanted to see it but I was to busy using my shake weight.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I saw it.
    Hilarious, huh?

If I had $20, I would opt for some simple free weights (yard sales and craigslist can offer some screaming deals) and find some free web strength training tutorials. The search feature here is great for researching program recommendations.

Free weights? As if! When's the last time you saw an infomercial for free weights? Exactly, cuz they don't work.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

I saw it.

I was using the Tug Toner
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

Considering the article's credibility is not dependant on whether or not you have a gym membership or if you have any weights (calisthenics would be far better than this thing), I think you are traveling down a river in Egypt.

Good luck and for the rest of you guys, I'll recommend a good BBQ sauce.
  • Scott613
    Options
    I saw it.
    Hilarious, huh?

Free weights? As if! When's the last time you saw an infomercial for free weights? Exactly, cuz they don't work.
    hahaha who uses free weights only idiots! Those things don't work and they're heavy why would you want to lift them?
  • killagb
    Options

Considering the article's credibility is not dependant on whether or not you have a gym membership or if you have any weights (calisthenics would be far better than this thing), I think you are traveling down a river in Egypt.

Good luck and for the rest of you guys, I'll recommend a good BBQ sauce.
    resize_831057_hoss1.jpg
  • misty_gene2005
    Options

omg, STFU.

I saw it.