30 Day Shred Start 10/25/2011

Options

Replies

• AWiggity
    Options
    I did my 1st day of level 2 today. All of the shoulder raises were intense. But I kind of like level 2 due to the lack of pushups lol.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it since 1st Nov with a rest day each saturday.. feel free to add me if you want support :)

Plus i've researched a bit of everything so i'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to helping people out :)

xx
  • eep610
    eep610 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Half way through 30Day Shred!!!! Today was day 15th straight day and Day 6 of Level 2 and it has become so much easier. Welcome Mickipedia!
  • tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone well I am having a problem Im getting bored of this workout! It's nice Im seeing results measure wise not on the scale but doing the same thing over n over is killing me level2 is hurting my left ankle and Im not sure why I've never had a problem with my ankle before. Im really trying to get threw it! This weekend was hard was in the hospital with hubby all night Sat then yesterday taking care of him and both our kids by the time I got them to bed I was completley exhausted and now it's Monday afternoon and I havent done my workout yet :*( I need some motivation!
  • tpt42087
    Options
    Keep up the good work everyone! And Welcome to all the new ppl here!
  • tpt42087
    Options
    Level 2 Day3 done I WON'T GIVE UP!!!! :smooched:
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    First day of Level 2 for me... (still doing level 1 with my hubby til he catches up at night) OMG this woman is psycho! I was literally drenched! Used my 3 lb weights although I usually use 5-8 with level 1 just so I wouldn't kill myself, but the cardio in the whole thing did me in! Plus I was a little uncoordinated in some of the lunges, hopefully I figure those out better!
  • AWiggity
    Options
    Level 2 Day3 done I WON'T GIVE UP!!!! :smooched:

Good job! I just did Level 2 Day 2 this morning. Level 2, I am POURING sweat. :sad:
  • misty5976
    misty5976 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Has everyone moved up to level 2 ?

Im really still struggling through Level 1. Im seeing progress - and Im SO HAPPY with that. But I still have to do the knee-pushups... the jumping jacks I tend to Jog through them because they give me HORRIBLE (like in tears) shin splints... and I cant quite get through all the bicycle crunches.

Should I still move up to level 2 ? Or do i need to stay here until level 1 is more comfortable?

i AM doing workouts everyday, and am so proud of myself for that. Im staying motivated, Im eating healthy ...

How do you know you are ready to move up a level?
  • eep610
    Options
    I don't really know the "right" answer to your question but I do a combo of both beginner and advanced moves and don't feel I have to conquer the advanced ever, if I don't feel the right about them. I still do knee push ups on Level 1 but do regular push up on Level 2 walk out push up. Sometimes if my knee is bothering me on any of the lunges I go with Anita. At this point in my life who cares, as long as I'm moving and keeping my heart rate up. I'd rather keep doing at a pace that I can handle than be discouraged and stop.

Now, for my progress...I did 30DS for 15 days straight but have missed the last two days. I'm on the road and moving every day and it's been hard. Tomorrow I settle into the same place for a week so I'm going to try to make sure I'm doing it every day. Good thing about the traveling I'm walking a ton.
  • meredithd13
    Options
    L1D8 done. i took six days off as i did a huge bikeride on sunday and needed rest up before it, and then needed a few days of rest afterwards.

today was good. i still hate the side arm lunges but got through the rest pretty well. will move to L2 on sunday or monday.

i looked at L2 and L3 and some things look punishing but overall they look okay. anyone on L2 got any advice?
  • tpt42087
    Options
    Well I did Level2 Day4 yesterday adn didnt think I was gonna get today done but..... lol Level2 Day5 Done :wink: My son is sick :sick: so I had to day a late night workout but also got in a 21 minute step aerobics workout this afternoon:love: Really fell in love doing it!
    Everyone is doing amazing! :happy: Keep up the good work!!!
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    L2D2... Other than POURING sweat at the end of level 2, I fine it easier on some of the strength training and the cardio is better... I hate pushups with a passion and always did the girlie ones, but that's ok! I plan on moving on to level 3 in 8 more days. I will probably start all over again when I'm done and try to keep up with Natalie more, but I am modifying as I need to...
  • AWiggity
    Options
    Did Level 2 Day 3 today..... I think the hardest part of Level 2 is the 3rd set of strength training where you do the shoulder raises where you bring the weights up to in front of your eyes. HORRIBLE. Other than that, I think Level 2 is easier than Level 1. Less pushups is always good for me. I am going to make it to the end of this thing.... But I am getting discouraged because I am not losing any weight. And its irritating me to stay in calories and lose no weight. I also very rarely eat any exercise calories. So I feel like I should see SOMETHING happening. Trying to convince myself that at least I am being physically active and I'll be a healthier person.
  • eep610
    Options
    Another bad day for me, no time to do 30 Day Shred!! Loads of walking, put over 15K steps on my pedometer but I WILL do 30DS tomorrow. I've come too far with it to stop now!
  • tpt42087
    Options
    L2D6 done this morning! It felt good to get both my workout's done by 9:45 am! Just about half way there! I did only 8 days of level1
  • meredithd13
    Options
    i have FINALLY finished level 1. tomorrow is first day of level two. looking forward to the change!
  • tpt42087
    Options
    Oved on to level3 yesterday! NA d today was Day2 felt really good I sctually really like level3 better then 1 or 2! Feeling good and cant wait gonna start round two in about 2 weeks with my sister and brother!
  • tpt42087
    Options
    I Seriously feel like quiting this!!! Im NOT going to! I just am so dissapointed that my weight isnt going anywhere not even half a pound :( One more day before weigh in so fingers crossed! How is everyone? Did I get left alone???!!!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I Seriously feel like quiting this!!! Im NOT going to! I just am so dissapointed that my weight isnt going anywhere not even half a pound :( One more day before weigh in so fingers crossed! How is everyone? Did I get left alone???!!!

I did this video myself and was disappointed to find that you only burn about 127 calories on level 1 and only up to136 on level 3- that is per Jillianmichaels.com/shred website. I switched to circuit training on that site but I also where a heart monitor to determine MY calories burned.