Please share NSVs....

Options
124»

Replies

• jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I recently ran out of hangers and had to put some of the fat clothes into a garbage bag in the garage so I could hang up the skinny shirts I just got out of the garage.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    my hands don't hit my hips any more when i walk.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i'm wearing another new pair of undies....i love NSVs...
  • mixtape85
    Options
    Last weekend, my family told me that I looked like I did my freshman year of college (me at my skinniest) and how proud of me they were.
  • losinit_4_good
    losinit_4_good Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    This may sound a bit odd, but one of my recent NSVs has been my knuckles! The ones at the base of my fingers. Before, when I made a fist, I had no discernible knuckles, and when I laid my hand flat, I had dimples where the knuckles should be. Now, when I close my hand into a fist, there are my knuckles! Poking up out of the back of my hand like baby mountains! I can even see the bones and tendons moving across the back of my hand when I wiggle my fingers!

This one made me tear up! I've always hated my hands but it never occured to me that as I continue to lose weight my hands will get smaller too! my rings are looser than they used to be but I just never thought ahead to the fact that one day, if I stay the course (and I know I will!) I may not hate my fat hands anymore!!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    so glad to see this pop back up in my topics list again.....i completed 5 miles in 60 mins on sunday and it felt amazing....
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    This weekend I have a very important event and need a new dress (you girls get it).
    Just for fun I went to my closet to see what I had - We have gone to many Military events so I have a ton in many different sizes. There is this beautiful black strapless dress that has been in there for years that I may have worn once or twice over the years.

Well - I put it on and my goodness it fits like a glove and accentuates all the right places. I know I have been doing well and accepting all the facts about my new lifestyle (won't come off overnight, stalling weight loss, focusing on my trouble areas) but in that moment as I looked in the mirror a true sense of pride and self-acceptance came over me and it feels great. I have spent so many years beating myself up and I'm now realizing that I'm worth it.

If I were more computer savvy - I'd post a picture :blushing:
  • ShannaDBowser
    ShannaDBowser Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I need a belt now for my work pants. Not much of an NSV, but a good milestone for me. :D
  • allofourdreams
    allofourdreams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i can jog a mile, outside... in less than 10 minutes and barely break a sweat. damn, it feels good to be a gangster.

i also bought a 40C bra.. for the first time since i can remember. i used to be a 42-44D... now i know where my weight is coming off of first.. my back!! :D
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    my favorite NSV for myself was when i could fit in Victorias secret underwear again!! that was bout 3 months ago and havent been able 2 wear victorias secret underwear since bout october of 2009
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 lbs in about 2 months, and I haven't lost weight since, yet I still get guys at the gym telling me they can see a noticeable difference and how great I'm doing, and to keep it up. I have to pull my belt on my work pants tighter and my duty gear belt for work is noticeably looser as well. I was working with a guy at the gym who was/is personally training me and he said that quite a few people have come in and asked for his help based on my weightloss, and how I look.
  • allofourdreams
    allofourdreams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ok..my very favorite NSV is my double chin is GONE!!!! I have a real chin now...and my face is an oval!?!?! I always thought I had a round face...lol

hahaha!!! <3 this! congratulations :)
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    1. When I look down, the first thing I see are boobs instead of belly.
    2. I don't have to dramatically grasp for air when scaling one of the neighborhood's steepest hills.
    3. Whenever I try to jog, I have to hold up my usual sweatpants because even though I've tied them up as tightly as possible, they just don't want to stay up on my hips.
    4. I can now wrap a few of the bath towels around me.. well not ALL of them but some of the other ones I've used actually connect corner to corner.. better than before to say the least.
    5. I no longer have problems with my acid reflux. In fact, I can now safely eat and drink before bed time without even the slightest case of heartburn (that is unless I eat something with cayenne pepper on it.. then I'm done for).
    6. Getting to my feet doesn't require me moving around and looking like I'm doing some kind of ungraceful interpretive dance.
    7. I now have a chin... I mean there's still evidence of double chinnage which I'm working on.. but there's much less of it.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    This last weekend, going into my usual store's changing room and having to ask the assistant to get me SMALLER sizes instead of bigger! Wooooooohoooooooo!
  • sara819
    sara819 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Last year I bought a pair of cute heeled boots that I would have to struggle zipping up around my calves. Wore them for the first time a few weeks ago and they were loose! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!