What do you do when you feel like quitting?

Options
2»

Replies

• skpresley20
    skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is a goal that can be frustrating and confusing. "You're gonna be exercising the next 20 years anyway!" That's what I tell myself when the scale doesn't move. Its not about JUST weight loss. Don't give yourself 6 months to reach your goal and then give up if you don't reach it. Try to look at it like, "No matter what, no matter how long this takes, or how confusing and frustrating.....I WILL do this!"

Also, don't believe all those magazines at the supermarket telling you to have your dream body in 12 weeks. That's a bunch of BS. Those fitness models didn't take 12 weeks to look like that, they practice exercising as a way of life. ADOPT THAT WAY OF LIFE FOR YOURSELF. Commit to exercising for 1 year, slowly at first. I spent my first 3 months walking mostly, then stepped it up to jogging/walking for about a month, then I joined a gym and got into a program, then I started getting lazy and I quit going to the gym, then things got really bad and I only exercised maybe 4 times a month for about 2 or 3 months, Now Im back to exercising 5 or 6 times a week. My current gripe is that I'm not losing any weight. But its because I don't ever log in my food. I need to change that. I'm learning that its something that MUST be done. LEARN how to do this through trial and error. Hopefully I come back to this thread next year as a super hot and buff, cut and ripped piece of man-meat for you. :)

But I wont reach that goal if I give up because I fail along the way. Never give up on this!

Thanksk so much, nicely said! And hopefully this time next year I'll be a sexy, whip slinging siren for you too! LOL Think about the damage we could inflict on the world!
  • skpresley20
    Options
    I keep a picture on my desktop that I hate, and it motivates me to keep working to get back to where I used to be :)

.............that's a rather awesome idea! May have to try this....Thanks! =)
  • skpresley20
    Options
    Melbaby925, that is a lot of motivation right there, and some serious think-on-ers. thank you very much for that, I have a feeling several of those are going to come in handy soon.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Why do you diet, when you know you're going to quit? Why put your mind and body through that sacrifice just to quit? Dieting is a form of torture that you don't have to put you and your family through; but when you decide to diet, you should stick with it because your family usually goes on this roller-coaster ride with you. I see so many people who complain about spouses not supporting them, and then when the family gives support, they quit. Why take your family through the torture of dieting just to quit? I tell you what, I'm going to bed because I'm going to get my *kitten* up in the morning, run my eight miles, eat right, and smile because my stomach is flat today, will be flat tomorrow, because quitting is something other people do. So, what do I do when I feel like quitting? It's not something that crosses my mind because I'm too busy living and looking good.
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites! http://youtu.be/Tl_1wh1obyM

That's a good one, too. :)
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Failing is not an option for this "A" type personality. Why be a failure when you can be impressive. I never want to be on my death bed say.I should of.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Wow there is soooo much awesome right on this thread!!! You are all fantastic.

GG
  • Gwooh
    Gwooh Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    One of my work out instructors made me watch this. It pumped me up, hopefully it gives you some motivation as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX39J_YyKbs

This gave me goose bumps! So awesome!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I try to look through success stories on MFP. They make me happy and feel inspired! I know that it is hard but I try to remember every day is a new day and that one day will not make me jump from where I am right now to 55 lbs ago (my heaviest). I also put on old clothes that are too loose now or compare old photos. Remember that you have come a lot way and that it will take time but you will get there. We are here to support you!
  • stewartcarden
    Options
    if i feel like quitting i give in to whatever craving it is i have at that time , once iv done that im good to go for a while, the trick is to treat yourself now and then so that you dont crave things so much (:
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Wow there is soooo much awesome right on this thread!!! You are all fantastic.

Totally. The naked "sexy dance" is still my favorite idea, but you people are all kinds of badass.
  • countdowntotarget
    countdowntotarget Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the whole amount of weight I still have to lose totally overwhelms me - but then I remember how far I have come and how much my fitness has improved - ive gone from walking to running in 5 &10Ks and am now training for a half marathon, but still have 2.5stone to lose - I must admit its not the prettiest sight when I am on the treadmill but I am proud of how far I have come and whenever I can feel myself going under it is a bit kick up the butt :)
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    so much motivation & inspiration here!:flowerforyou:

I think the naked dance in the bathroom mirror is what keeps me motivated:tongue: I like the fact that I get closer to my "ideal" body everytime I eat clean/ have a really intense workout... For me it's sooooo worth the extra effort. I guess it all comes down to how badly you want it. It really does take a lot of extra effort & planning to be healthy & fit for life..

Some of my favorite sayings:

You can feel SORE tomorrow or SORRY tomorrow, YOU choose!

OR

Jillian Michaels'
    "You don't get results like this for free!"