WINTER WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE

Options
Hey everyone!

I have been looking for some motivation to really get and stay fit throughout this cold, winter season, and I decided to coordinate this challenge. If you have a weight loss goal, and you are willing to commit from now until March 1st, then this is the group for you!

Challenge Starts: Friday, November 11 Challenge Ends: Friday, March 2

Goal = Determine your own desired weight loss. Reach your goal weight and maintain it by March 1st.

Requirements = Weigh in every Friday. Simply send me a personal message with your Friday weight and I will compile it on a Google Document that everyone can view and track. I will also try the "Group" feature on MyFitness so it will be easier to stay in contact.

If you want to really lose weight while also helping to motivate others, then post a few sentences about yourself, your motivations for losing weight, and your goal weight. The first weigh in for the starting weight will be on Friday, November 11th.

I look forward to meeting you! (And I am going to cap this challenge at 20 participants).

Replies

• gossipgirl11
    Options
    Hey! I am a 22-year-old graduate student looking to lose some significant weight and get healthy. I have scheduled my first cruise for a week in March, and that is a big motivating factor for me to get in shape. I am vegetarian (but I don’t eat enough vegetables) and am addicted to Cheesecake Factory. Hoping to break some bad habits, lose some weight this winter, and feel great in swimwear on my trip!

Goal Weight = 130
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I have a question: can I join the challenge but weigh in on Saturday mornings instead of on Friday? I can post my weigh in pretty early on Saturday. Pretty please....?
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Howdy!
    I am a 21 year old college student just trying my best to discover what life is about! I started my journey in July somewhere and it hasn't ended yet. Seems to be going so slow! I'm looking forward to this winter weight loss challenge because every year since I started gaining at the end of October I start getting all sorts of bad cravings for junk (including cigs which I quit awhile back and do not want to get into it again). I want to be healthy and confident! :wink:

CW: 146
    GW: 130
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

My goal weight is 179 by 3/1, in case I forget to post :) I'm currently 202.

I'm 26 and have been losing weight since July - the exercise isn't hard for me to stick with, but the food is. This challenge will be great through the winter :)

I'm currently doing "No Scale November" but I'll check in every Friday and will report my new weight on 12/2 when I weigh next!!
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! I need a group to help motivate me! :smile:

I just finished grad school this summer and was recently married. We have our honeymoon in 1 month and I am in a wedding in June and I would like to lose a bit more weight before then. I am training for a 15k race in July as well. Currently I am 161lb would like to be 148lb. These last pounds are the hardest!:grumble:
  • vz11
    vz11 Posts: 58
    Options
    Hi! I am so looking to be in this group. I am 29 (30 end of this month) by march i definitely want to reach one of my goals of being 155 since i have a couple of parties to attend and my BA graduation in May. I am 196 at the moment. Last week i lost 4 lbs but the past 3 days its been hard to get back in the healthy mind set. I think this would keep me focused and disciplined so i don't go eating whatever whenever i want. :smile:

GW: 155
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Elisabeth and I am 24. I gained a whole lot of weight in college and now that my life is more structured I am getting serious about weight loss. But more importantly, being healthy. I am focusing more on the inches lost than pound because this is going so slowly for myself. :) I love challenging myself, and just started 30DS.
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I would like to join.

Hello! I'm a 24-year old living in Texas, and I'm just trying to get to a point where I'm accepting my body, and loving all of it. I love to work out, and I would love to motivate anyone!

Feel free to message me and send me a friend request!

My goal weight is 130 by 30Apr-- my 25th birthday!
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    hey i would like to join, im near my healthy goal weight, and could use the extra help. my goal weight is 170. im currently 197. I have lost 143 on this journey and im ready to be in the maintaining stage.
  • AmberMarie09
    AmberMarie09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Amber. I am 25 years old and i have a 2 year old beautiful daughter. Before i had her i was comfortable at my weight of 145. I wasn't where i should be but i was only 15 lbs away. My pregnancy with my daughter was a hard one and due to certain circumstances i wasnt allowed to be very active as it would possibly cause preterm labor. i was 207 the day i came home from the hospital ( 4 days after my daughters birth) i have stayed at about 203 since then. Now i am at 195.5 (lost 7.5 lbs already on MFP) I joined MFP because of my lack of motivation so i thought that having friends that are going through the same thing, even though they arent close, would help me a lot.

My overall goal is 140 but i dont want to lose that much too fast so i will say my goal for March is to be 165.

Feel free to add me. i love talking and meeting new people :)
  • melodieann11
    Options
    I do not have many people to work out with so joining this group would be great, I would have even more motivation. I weigh 243 and I would like to be at 180. I am getting married next July and I want to look the best that I can! I lost 2 lbs so far this week.

CW:243.3
    GW:180
  • bartusiak
    bartusiak Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm a 59 year old retired civil service worker who has been grossly over weight for most of my life. I've lost almost 100 lbs but have been stalled for several years. I really want to be able to get more active and enjoy activities with my grandchildren. My current goal is to lose 10 lbs per month so that would make my March goal about 390 lbs. This time I'm trying to make the loss permanent!
  • Manysongs
    Options
    I would love to do this! I need the motivation and accountablity to help me exercise!!! :)
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I would love to join. I am a 40 yr. old mom of 2 sm chilldren. I will see my husband in April..after not seeing for 9 months. I need the extra motivation. what a wonderful challenge

denise

CW 221
    GW 190
  • landensmommy2010
    Options
    Hi! My 22, (almost 23) and A mommy to a almost 1 year old! I'd love to join. My starting weight is 241 and my goal is 205!
  • pmcder10
    Options
    If you are still looking for participants, I would love to join. I'm 23 years old nearing the home stretch of my weight loss journey...hoping to be able to embark on the maintenance journey this coming year. I have lost about 25 pounds thus far, hoping to lost between 10 and 20 more.

Current Weight: 128.5
    Goal Weight: 108-115

I do not have a set weight that I want to reach to be satisfied. If I am anywhere between 108 and 115, I will be thrilled. 108 i s the lowest I would ever want to be and 115 would be the highest.
  • JennBunny73
    JennBunny73 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My name is Jenn. I will be 39 in January. I am trying to get all this weight that I gained after 35 off by 40.
    My cw- 197
    March 1st goal - 165
  • npatel160
    npatel160 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!!! :)
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    Hey!!

I am looking to get to my weight goal by March so this challenge will be perfect for me!!! I started MFP at 207 (my highest ever)!! and i want to be 160 by March 1st!!! Progress has been very, very, VERY slow but I am determined to keep going. I am looking forward to the challenge
  • shelly650
    Options
    Id love to join this group! My goal is to lose about 18lbs more!