How to stop the cravings

Options
2»

Replies

• TreadmillManiac
    Options
    eating loads of carrot batons works for me. You soon get sick of munching!
  • 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I always have ready 2 oz. of protein worked in to your planned menu for the day for snack time..(b/s chicken pieces, tuna, pickeled egg). VOILA, craving gone!
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    Almonds!! I love them. As someone else mentioned, if you get the ones that have a sweetness to them, your body thinks its getting a treat! I also do the Yoplait light yogurts that have dessert flavors (Boston cream pie, apple turnover, orange creamsicle).
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I get snacky at 2:00pm too. So, I eat either an apple (for the fiber) or yogurt (for the protein). Something to fill me up. Then, before I eat, I drink about 2 cups of water.
  • stewartcarden
    Options
    You craving a dougnut ? ( Or equivelant snack )

Cut it in half and only eat half of it (:
    Just make sure you stay under your limits and log everything

With me its sugary energy drinks , i get up at 4am most mornings and find I need one ( 135 calories anda **** load of sugar ) to get me going

Switched to the sugar free version( 15 or so calories and no sugar) and find it does much the same thing in terms of caffeine and getting me going!
  • GingerBroad
    GingerBroad Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Three things:
    1. you are supposed to be hungry around 3. its a great time for a snack, especially if you work out after work. You should be eating much smaller meals, so snacks are needed to get through to meal time and not be STARVING and face an entire pizza :) for dinner or skip the workout b/c you are too hungry.

2. if you plan to snack - you will avoid the chips, candy, etc. I like wasabi peas. A handful stops the cravings and the spiciness kicks up the metabolism. Another good one is a protein shake. Get the kind that is high in protein and low in carbs.
    Someone also had the good idea for Laughing Cow cheeses - so low in everything.

3. Are you hungry or just bored? I get really bored around 2-3. If you're bored, get up and go for a walk, find a cool new website, or tidy up a room, desk, etc.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    You're craving cause you need to eat?? Manipulate your calories so that you can have something that you want. If you are constantly depriving yourself I think that you are doomed.
  • LauraEWD
    LauraEWD Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you're craving sweet things I find soda water with diluting juice (or squash) of the sugar free variety very good, the bubbles in the soda help fill you up and the juice helps with the sweet cravings.

If it's savoury cravings try something like preparing carrots and celery into wee sticks so you're ready!

I also have found a variety of lower calorie substitutes for crisps and biscuits which when all else fails I turn to - not sure where in the world you are but if it's UK then Golden Lights are great crisps - less than 95 calories per bag - and Nairns Choc Chip biscuits are only 44 calories per biccy!
  • Jenninedinburgh
    Jenninedinburgh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    and Nairns Choc Chip biscuits are only 44 calories per biccy!

I was looking for MFP friendly choc chip biscuits today! Thanks :)