I am MOVING! Where do you think I should live?

Options

Replies

• Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    The moon.
  • Shanahan09
    Options
    I'm from BC, but if I were to move to the States, it would be Montana to start. Still though, we live in such beautiful countries!! Good luck on your search to find the new city/town to call home!! :smile:
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Culturally you sound like you might like Minneapolis, MN. No oceans or mountains, but tons of parks, trails, lakes, museums, and art communities.
  • Lsqueezy
    Lsqueezy Posts: 128
    Options
    Austin, Texas.. seriously!!

We don't have mountains but we have hills. The scenery is beautiful here, the people are friendly and there is just so much to do all the time.

Ditto! I live in San Antonio, but try to get to Austin as much as possible.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    DC area is good...even surrounding counties. i just moved here from Orange County, CA and i like it out here. jobs are plentiful and the area is gorgeous. lots of nature seeking opportunities and youre fairly close to the ocean. Lots of bars and places to go in DC!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    How about northern or southern California??? What about North Carolina??? I plan to move to Dublin California when I am done with my schooling, Love it there... good people, clean, entertaining, and close to the ocean
  • lindzmt22
    Options
    Northern California seems like it would be a perfect fit. Maybe around the bay area?

I agree!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Well I live outisde of Charlotte, NC and its 2 hours to the mountains and 3 hours to the beach with two large lakes in the area.
  • mjbrowne
    mjbrowne Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Boulder / Denver area...my sister lived there for years and LOVED it. Of course, I loved to visit and HATE that she moved back to our home state (except I get to see her more often!). Boulder was very healthy / active lifestyle friendly.
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of the east coast. I live in CT - which is nice, right inbetween NYC and Boston. Nearby is New Haven which has a huge community - mainly because of Yale... but theres tons of restaurants, artsy stuff, and close to the ocean as well. Like mountains? We're a 4-6hr drive to Vermont or Maine for some serious skiing.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    If you're going to live somewhere, why not go all out and live somewhere really unique? Northeast cities are boring, townie-ish, and not worth the high cost of living (grew up not too far from NYC and Philly and lived in Boston for years). Anchorage, AK is different, as is Miami, FL. Probably the only two places in the U.S. where you really don't feel you are in the U.S.

Why not try to live abroad? If I could, I'd love to live in the Gold Coast in Australia.

How about Dubai?

Life is too short to live in a boring place.
  • starbucksbuzz
    Options
    Hey now, some of us appreciate the east coast culture. :wink:

If I had to move somewhere else though I'd try Cali or Florida... Or Hawaii. Also internationally I imagine I'd really love Europe.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Europe would be interesting as well. I spent a 3 weeks traveling around France back in the summer of 2008. I don't think I would care to live in a big city, like Paris or Lyon. But I thought smaller places like Monte Carlo (though technically Monaco) or Nice have a lot to offer.
  • starbucksbuzz
    Options
    Nice!! Europe is on my list of places to visit with Hubs once we reach some more practical financial goals. Greece and Italy really appeal to me the most I think. I love being on the ocean, and I love places that are old and have a lot of history and culture.

That said Asia (the poorer / 3d world countries there anyways) appeals to me on a humanitarian level - Not necissarily the kind of place I'd want to live, but the kind of place I'd love to be able to make an impact.
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Colorado. Specifically, apply for jobs with the ski companies. Although they do most of their hiring right about now, they do have year round opportunities. Small mountain towns, beautiful scenery, chill people.

Crested Butte is one of the most beautiful little mountain towns, is a place where they ride snowmobiles in the winter, and is the wildflower capital in the summer. Also boasts the largest aspen grove, its gorgeous there

Vail resorts has a lot of properties in the mountains, all over.

Good luck!
  • monet13
    monet13 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    We've visited Asheville multiple times -love, love, love it there! I wouldn't mind relocating there in the future!
  • suewill12
    Options
    I travel for months at a time to places of my choice and thus far... Fort Collins, CO is my favorite! I'll be moving to Texas in a couple weeks so we'll see how that is when I get there but not much can compare to the rocky mountains!! I'm going back to Fort Collins next spring for sure! Coming from NY... I may never leave Colorado ever!
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Denver, CO! I'm a Florida girl originally, Northern FL and I absolutely LOVE it out here in Colorado. Not only is it beautiful, but the winters are pretty mild - it gets cold but it's nothing like the winters they get on the east coast.

Best of luck in your search!
  • dbecker70
    dbecker70 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I traveled the state of Colorado in July and all I can say is really <3 Colorado. I would like living in Vail #1 or Aspen #2 but these two little towns are really expensive. I would rather live in Vail than Aspen as people of Aspen act a little bit like the LA people if you know what I mean.

Among 14 comparable cities, Boulder ranks no.1 in people who walk to work, work at home and drive with more than one person in the car. It ranks second among those who bike. So Boulder would be my #1!!! I was in love with this town so I didn’t know how to leave wonderful Boulder and return home.
    http://www.bouldercoloradousa.com/about-boulder/trivia/

Louisville Colorado is only 10 miles away from Boulder and 20 miles from Denver.
    In recent years, Louisville has been recognized in four publications as one of the best places to live and raise a family in the United States
    In July 2009, CNN/Money and Money magazine named Louisville the Winner and ranked first on their list of 100 best places to live in the United States.
    In July 2011, CNN/Money and Money magazine again named Louisville the Winner and ranked first on their list of 100 best places to live in the United States, the second time it has graced the top slot of the magazines annual listing.

Fort Collins home to Colorado State University and an outstanding public school system. Fort Collins is nestled against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and alongside the banks of the Cache La Poudre River. The city lies approximately 5,000 feet above sea level.

If you have money:

#1 Vail
    #2 Aspen

If you don’t have money:

#1 Louisville or Boulder you pick!
    #2 Fort Collins

Good luck to you! :)
  • jazzdspazz
    jazzdspazz Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've been all over the world and ill tell you straight up, theres no place like Miami Fl!